What happened to sherwin?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
andyb

What happened to sherwin?

Post by andyb » 10 Aug 2008, 19:13

Does anyone know what happened to sherwin? not that we missed him it was good to see how we played without him running the show... :D

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 10 Aug 2008, 19:15

Limped off in first half, hamstring i think.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 10 Aug 2008, 19:16

He went off at 12-12 - Just as we were getting on top - Although he wasnt having a great game - i think he was carrying a knock and when the game was gone there was no need for him to return
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Mr. Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mr. Tiger » 10 Aug 2008, 19:48

shifty has been a different player lately to that of the first half of the season but today he was terrible, really poor in every department. goldy took the responsibility of 6 really well and looked a real threat one of his best games all year. if shifty had of stayed on i dont believe we'd of won so easily.

head up boyle, dont dispare your chance will come TM needs to remember we need boyle and leaving him out aint the way forward!!!

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 10 Aug 2008, 21:19

Showed disrespect to us at end of game, think he was a bit peed of with someone.

As everyone came to clap the fans he walked straight for the tunnel!

:neutral: :shock:

ayeup
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ayeup » 10 Aug 2008, 21:38

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:Showed disrespect to us at end of game, think he was a bit peed of with someone.

Maybe he reads the forum?

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 10 Aug 2008, 21:40

ayeup wrote:
WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:Showed disrespect to us at end of game, think he was a bit peed of with someone.

:lol:

To be fair he did have more people defending him the other week when there was a Sherwin topic.

I think he could of played on but TM bought him off for precautionary reasons, i think he was a bit peed to be honest!

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 10 Aug 2008, 21:50

From what i get from when i have spoke to him - He knows when he has had a bad game -- And today he wasnt performing and went off very early in the game so maybe he didnt want to take the credit that the other guys were getting - As in his eyes he didnt contribute to the win as such
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 10 Aug 2008, 21:52

dettoriman wrote:

From what i get from when i have spoke to him - He knows when he has had a bad game -- And today he wasnt performing and went off very early in the game so maybe he didnt want to take the credit that the other guys were getting - As in his eyes he didnt contribute to the win as such
Or maybe you're just trying to see the positives for Shufty when there aren't any..........
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 10 Aug 2008, 21:53

dettoriman wrote:

That is absolutely fair from him and glad someone is realising there problems on the field, but we need to start being a team and being there for each other like today we played for each other and therefore won!

As much as he was dissapointed he should realise that a wins a win and should of applauded the travelling fans.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 10 Aug 2008, 21:54

Steadman_4_PM wrote:
dettoriman wrote:

Or maybe you're just trying to see the positives for Shufty when there aren't any..........
Now if you can honestly see no positives in shiftys game then your watching a different guy -- Today he added nothing to us
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 10 Aug 2008, 21:56

So quick to defend Sherwin that you've completely missed what I was saying.

I didn't mean there is nothing positive about his game, I meant as you're such a big fna of his perhaps you're more willing to make excuse for his actions.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 10 Aug 2008, 22:14

Steadman_4_PM wrote:So quick to defend Sherwin that you've completely missed what I was saying.

I didn't mean there is nothing positive about his game, I meant as you're such a big fna of his perhaps you're more willing to make excuse for his actions.
Maybe i am mate - its not him personally - I just am a fan of his game and i think he is a top quality player - Who will benefit by playing behind players like sargent
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 10 Aug 2008, 22:17

dettoriman wrote:Who will benefit by playing behind players like sargent
Amount of times Sargent could of offloaded but had no one up is arse supporting was dissapointing.

Sargent can offer so much to our attack with Sherwin/Dorn and thn Chase next season to get the ball from him!

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 10 Aug 2008, 22:19

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
dettoriman wrote:Who will benefit by playing behind players like sargent
Amount of times Sargent could of offloaded but had no one up is arse supporting was dissapointing.

Sargent can offer so much to our attack with Sherwin/Dorn and thn Chase next season to get the ball from him!
More to the point - His first action of the game was chasing the man through trying to burst onto an offload - Great to see from a prop
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

smoking monkey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smoking monkey » 11 Aug 2008, 10:26

I suspect that for whatever reason Shifty was playing the game at too slow a pace for TMs liking. Goldy was constantly getting the ball in a crowded midfield and unable to open up play. No disrespect to Shifty but yesterday was one of those days where his style suited the opposition more than Cas.

G Man90
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by G Man90 » 11 Aug 2008, 10:33

ayeup wrote:

:lol: :lol:
Chase and Sherwin winning partnership....
Top 8 finish for the TIGERS next year :)

Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Morrissey » 11 Aug 2008, 11:00

I wouldn't be suprised to see the McGoldrick-Dorn combination stay for our trip to Headingley, as it is a very short turn around from a Sunday to Friday match and as it was successful, Sherwin may be brought back for a more 'winnable' match against Wire at home.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 11 Aug 2008, 11:45

Morrissey wrote:I wouldn't be suprised to see the McGoldrick-Dorn combination stay for our trip to Headingley, as it is a very short turn around from a Sunday to Friday match and as it was successful, Sherwin may be brought back for a more 'winnable' match against Wire at home.
I think you will be correct there - I dont think shifty will play against leeds - If he wasnt fit to return yesterday then he wont be able to train properly this week and i think that will see him miss next weeks encounter
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Adam
Verified
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @yorkscoaster

Post by Adam » 11 Aug 2008, 12:55