catic?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Brush
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Brush » 11 Aug 2008, 22:41

fig of whitwood wrote:Catic was very good today, the Wakey fan's couldn't believe it was the same guy that once played for them.
As for Dorn, how can we let him go :?
Wakey fans have always given Catic a good name and he's done exactly what they said he would do, they also warned us about Korky.
Come on Cas...........

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 11 Aug 2008, 22:48

Barring his bouts of ill discipline to begin with, I have been pleased with Catic's performances. I wasn't impressed when I heard about him coming over and thought it would be another poor desperation signing from the club but he has proved himself in my eyes. His contributions going forward have had a positive impact and he has been our more aggressive forwards in several games. If there are better options out there available and interested in Cas, then I hope the club go for it. If not, then I am pretty happy to keep him.

Birstalltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Birstalltiger » 11 Aug 2008, 22:49

First time all season yesterday we could come up with a plan B in game tatics by been able to put 2 fowards of the size of Catic and sargent on pluss gutts we was able to bully anothers sides pack instead of chucking the ball all over the shop.
From day one i liked catic because he offers something diffrent in the way he plays the game i would keep him.
The best looking Cas fan outside Cas

ayeup
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ayeup » 11 Aug 2008, 22:52

Birstalltiger wrote:First time all season yesterday we could come up with a plan B in game tatics by been able to put 2 fowards of the size of Catic and sargent on pluss gutts we was able to bully anothers sides pack instead of chucking the ball all over the shop.
From day one i liked catic because he offers something diffrent in the way he plays the game i would keep him.
Me too. I think he's AWESOME!

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 11 Aug 2008, 22:53

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:Barring his bouts of ill discipline to begin with, I have been pleased with Catic's performances. I wasn't impressed when I heard about him coming over and thought it would be another poor desperation signing from the club but he has proved himself in my eyes. His contributions going forward have had a positive impact and he has been our more aggressive forwards in several games. If there are better options out there available and interested in Cas, then I hope the club go for it. If not, then I am pretty happy to keep him.
I was the same ..

It was a 'scracth head' moment in disbelief!

But he has been really good and most importantly consistent in is performances.

Well now we know about the quote we can't get more but i would hope some way we can keep 'Ned the Head' ;)

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 11 Aug 2008, 23:13

Actually correct me if I'm wrong but can't we apply for more quota spots? I'm sure it's been said on here before.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 11 Aug 2008, 23:14

Matt wrote:Actually correct me if I'm wrong but can't we apply for more quota spots? I'm sure it's been said on here before.
You can. The RFL will be informing Celtic Crusaders of their decision later on this week, however I believe this is only for promoted teams only.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 12 Aug 2008, 02:29

Fully wrote:
Matt wrote:Actually correct me if I'm wrong but can't we apply for more quota spots? I'm sure it's been said on here before.
You can. The RFL will be informing Celtic Crusaders of their decision later on this week, however I believe this is only for promoted teams only.
Thats ridicolous to be honest, this is giving promoted teams a chance to buy and try and stay in SL, this meaning that other clubs after suffer and lose out to players.

decorator
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by decorator » 12 Aug 2008, 07:19

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
Fully wrote:
Thats ridicolous to be honest, this is giving promoted teams a chance to buy and try and stay in SL, this meaning that other clubs after suffer and lose out to players.
If it's true theat promoted teams only can apply for extra overseas quota, then I think this is wrong. I thought the whole idea of a 3 year deal was a level field for everyone.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 12 Aug 2008, 10:23

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
Fully wrote:
You're not moaning this season though are you? We've got it on this season! This has enabled us to get Sargent and Catic! I believe the limit will be ten overseas players for promoted clubs this season.

Oh, and there's licensing now. So they don't need to buy and "stay in SL"

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 12 Aug 2008, 20:33

Fully wrote:
WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
Fully wrote:
You're not moaning this season though are you? We've got it on this season! This has enabled us to get Sargent and Catic! I believe the limit will be ten overseas players for promoted clubs this season.

Oh, and there's licensing now. So they don't need to buy and "stay in SL"
We were allowed 13 overseas players this season, although that included Kirk Dixon who having come from RU, was classed as non Fed. As Simon Finnigan was able to argue his case to be classed as non Fed, I believe we could have done the same with Hendo.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 12 Aug 2008, 20:41

I meant 10 for the 2009 season Steady, my apologies.

I wonder if the club will actively try and get Hendo off, although I doubt it. The lack of any effort suggests they'd made their minds up about letting him go ages ago/the RFL had refused to sanction him to be a federation player.

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 12 Aug 2008, 20:47

Fully wrote:I meant 10 for the 2009 season Steady, my apologies.

I wonder if the club will actively try and get Hendo off, although I doubt it. The lack of any effort suggests they'd made their minds up about letting him go ages ago/the RFL had refused to sanction him to be a federation player.
To be fair to the club Fully, had we needed to add a further non fed player to this seasons squad then maybe they would have done something about Hendo. They rightly challenged Dixon's rank as non fed, but if we didn't need the room then why push it further.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 12 Aug 2008, 20:50

I've no idea Steady and that's a viable possibility. But I just don't think we'd have committed time and effort into changing someone's status when it could benefit another club if we were going to get rid.

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 12 Aug 2008, 20:56

Fully wrote:I've no idea Steady and that's a viable possibility. But I just don't think we'd have committed time and effort into changing someone's status when it could benefit another club if we were going to get rid.
If he was tied to us and we needed the spot, then yes I could see us putting the effort in. But his contract is up ain't it, so if we want the spot we can just release him.

corsa
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @ianhenshaw1983

Re: catic?

Post by corsa » 13 Aug 2008, 15:22

I`d keep him at first off he was poor but after a few games under his belt i think he`s played some good footie

SUPER LEAGUE PREDICTIONS WINNER 2011

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 13 Aug 2008, 15:34

His first game was a bit dodgy but his 2 stand out game have been both Wakey games at MM and Sundays performance.

Looked like he had a lot to prove to the fans and the club and he certainly proved doubters wrong!

;)