Matt Cook / Loan Players for 09

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Matt Cook / Loan Players for 09

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 10 Aug 2008, 21:15

Looking through where we'll be for 09, it does seem like we'll have a similar number of decent players as this year and make the rest up with kids / NL nobodies. Yes we've signed Chase and hopefully Widders, but once you add in the likes of Cockayne and Hudson then drop Donlan and Hendo, we're about where we are now.

So if there's no real chance of signing other SL players, might we do something similar with loan players as we did with Mason, Cook, Moore etc? I know their wages still count against the cap but none the less it seems the only way to add some numbers given most (if not all) of the off contract players for 09 will now already be sorted.

Personally I'd like to see Matt Cook back, thought he did well in what was a disjointed spell with us and looking at the Bulls 09 squad I fancy he'll be out of the frame. Morrison will be fit, Menzies will play, Burgess will be back and then you've got Solomona, Nero, Langley and Finnigan all probably ahead of Cook.

What's anyone think? Any other players you fancy might be available on loan?
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 10 Aug 2008, 23:31

Always thinking ahead Steady and although I'm not sure who or even whether we'll be trying for loan players, I am worried by your prediction that we'll have no greater quantity of 'quality' players than this term?

Loan signings should be a last resort for me if we truly are looking to build for the future. Perhaps we should make a permenent move for Cook?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

danny lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by danny lad » 10 Aug 2008, 23:35

cook could be on his way out of the club from what i got told the other day by a certain player for bradford.

nick scruton has supposed to have signed and they could be getting luke burgess.

i'd gladly have cook back at cas he is a big unit who would go well in our pack.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 11 Aug 2008, 02:43

Personally i would rather have Luke Burgess.

But Matt Cooke when he was here did have a few solid games for us off the bench.

I don't believe hes good enough to start but a good option off the bence like he does at Bradford!

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 11 Aug 2008, 08:23

We offered Scruton a deal and so did Salford.

Leeds have only offered him a year. I think Burgess will stay there.

I think cook would be a good signing, he looked solid last time for us.

G Man90
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by G Man90 » 11 Aug 2008, 09:17

id like to see matt cook back down the lane hes a work horse and would be a good asset to bring off the bench
Chase and Sherwin winning partnership....
Top 8 finish for the TIGERS next year :)

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 11 Aug 2008, 11:49

I would like to see us sign him - Forget about on loan -- He wont be on a great wage at Bradford and he would probably prefer to be playing -- He is a solid player and is still young - He is the kind of player we should be looking at bulking our squad up with
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

danny lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by danny lad » 11 Aug 2008, 12:02

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:Personally i would rather have Luke Burgess.

But Matt Cooke when he was here did have a few solid games for us off the bench.

I don't believe hes good enough to start but a good option off the bence like he does at Bradford!

we won't be getting burgess, i think he is getting closer to signing a new contract at leeds

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 11 Aug 2008, 12:04

danny lad wrote:
WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:Personally i would rather have Luke Burgess.

we won't be getting burgess, i think he is getting closer to signing a new contract at leeds
I heard Burgess may be on his way to join his brother at Bradford.
Danny Boy

danny lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by danny lad » 11 Aug 2008, 12:06

its still possible but from talking to sam on saturday, he seemed to think leeds had upped there offer slightly and luke was thinkng about signing a contract for them.

it is all still up in the air though

danny lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by danny lad » 11 Aug 2008, 12:06

its still possible but from talking to sam on saturday, he seemed to think leeds had upped there offer slightly and luke was thinkng about signing a contract for them.

it is all still up in the air though