Groundshare option 'remote'

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Groundshare option 'remote'

Post by Fully » 14 Sep 2008, 00:13

WAKEFIELD Trinity and Castleford Tigers have admitted that the prospect of them sharing a new stadium following the collapse of plans to move the Wildcats into a £60m facility at Thornes Park are remote.

Speculation has been rife that the Super League rivals will come together to build an alternative stadium since Wakefield Council's announcement earlier this week that it could not afford to fulfil its pledge to develop a state-of-the-art community stadium near the city centre.
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/rugby-le ... 4489245.jp
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 14 Sep 2008, 00:18

I like this part : -
That news offered reassurance to the Tigers, who have already gained outline planning permission and who hope to appoint an architect and design team next month.
And about time too.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 14 Sep 2008, 00:20

Once the council give us the thumbs up, it's full steam ahead. I'm still confident we may just be in it for the 2010 season.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 14 Sep 2008, 00:31

Fully wrote:Once the council give us the thumbs up, it's full steam ahead. I'm still confident we may just be in it for the 2010 season.
I hope so, the sooner we move in the better IMO, get used to the stadium till 2012 and then see where the franchise malarky takes us ..

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 14 Sep 2008, 00:40

Once I see the first bricks being laid then my worries will go however up until then we're in the same situation as Wakey. (ok maybe slightly better off as we've got the land etc).
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 14 Sep 2008, 00:54

After reading that article I'm a little more confident that we won't be sharing our ground with Wakey. Nothing is for certain yet, so let's just wait and see. :pray:
"Castleford remain confident of realising their ambition to move into a £15m stadium at Glasshoughton by 2011, in spite of the local authority's financial situation, and have not ruled out the possibility that Wakefield could join them.

However, that move seems unlikely with Trinity officials unconvinced that they could persuade their supporters to support the club if it was based on the outskirts of Castleford."

tigertrike
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigertrike » 14 Sep 2008, 08:25

it would be better for the pussycats to merge with Fev as there ground is closer than our new one...

5.3 miles to fev

7.7 miles to glasshoughton
just because better people than you have tried and failed, it does'nt mean you shouldn't try...

tigerman1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by tigerman1 » 14 Sep 2008, 08:34

tigertrike wrote:it would be better for the pussycats to merge with Fev as there ground is closer than our new one...

5.3 miles to fev

7.7 miles to glasshoughton
yeah and both sets of fans deserve each other should be a match made in heaven for the same league NL1
A win a win my kingdom for a win

AVM a much misunderstood and unknown condition http://www.avmsupport.org.uk/

I wished my bank balance was a big as our points against

have you ever seen comical Ali and RW in the same room... didnt think so.

open your mind but especially your eyes

Dirk Diggler
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dirk Diggler » 14 Sep 2008, 10:35

GThornton wrote:I like this part : -
That news offered reassurance to the Tigers, who have already gained outline planning permission and who hope to appoint an architect and design team next month.
And about time too.
Would that be the same architect and design team that was supposed to be appointed at the begining of the year???
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 14 Sep 2008, 11:48

had a walk up yesterday, and 2 lads where saying that there ahead with the planned earthworks, also there was a engineer who took a liking to the dog ,and we got talking and he said that things where coming on nicely , i asked when the blocks or concrete would be seen, he reckons before the end of the year and he said the stadium would fly up ,

so we will see,

Birstalltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Birstalltiger » 14 Sep 2008, 13:05

monkeyface wrote:had a walk up yesterday, and 2 lads where saying that there ahead with the planned earthworks, also there was a engineer who took a liking to the dog ,and we got talking and he said that things where coming on nicely , i asked when the blocks or concrete would be seen, he reckons before the end of the year and he said the stadium would fly up ,

so we will see,
Who was the contracters was Fisher construction or Amon a Carroll who doing the work or has Waystone put some people on site.
The best looking Cas fan outside Cas

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 14 Sep 2008, 13:47

The Wakey camp is sounding decidedly downhearted and talk on their forum is becoming quite desperate. Certain members have e-mailed wmdc and 'demanded' that a groundshare withCas be forced as a priority on he council agenda. Others are speculating about shipping off to Oakwell again as an option and others till are trying to suggest that sharing with Dewsbury would be feasible :lol: :lol: I understand that our position in this debacle is not entirely stable yet but I wouldn't swap places with the pussycats. The majorityof the posts on their forum are from very angry and confused fans who are talking of the lack of a plan b, no prospects of sponsorship, the chances of being kicked out, lack of recruitment for next year and a general feeling that they are well and truly screwed.

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 14 Sep 2008, 14:08

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:The Wakey camp is sounding decidedly downhearted and talk on their forum is becoming quite desperate. Certain members have e-mailed wmdc and 'demanded' that a groundshare withCas be forced as a priority on he council agenda. Others are speculating about shipping off to Oakwell again as an option and others till are trying to suggest that sharing with Dewsbury would be feasible :lol: :lol: I understand that our position in this debacle is not entirely stable yet but I wouldn't swap places with the pussycats. The majorityof the posts on their forum are from very angry and confused fans who are talking of the lack of a plan b, no prospects of sponsorship, the chances of being kicked out, lack of recruitment for next year and a general feeling that they are well and truly screwed.
I don't think they are in any position to be demanding anything at the minute.

tigerman1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by tigerman1 » 14 Sep 2008, 14:10

i really hope that if they have to ground share the whole seating is in black and amber i want it known just by the colour scheme that they have no statium they have no input into anything with the stadium and most of all every time any game is played there they are playing at the jungle home of Castleford Tigers,
A win a win my kingdom for a win

AVM a much misunderstood and unknown condition http://www.avmsupport.org.uk/

I wished my bank balance was a big as our points against

have you ever seen comical Ali and RW in the same room... didnt think so.

open your mind but especially your eyes

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Sep 2008, 14:18

tigerman1 wrote:i really hope that if they have to ground share the whole seating is in black and amber i want it known just by the colour scheme that they have no statium they have no input into anything with the stadium and most of all every time any game is played there they are playing at the jungle home of Castleford Tigers,
Yep, what he's says.

castigerowen
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigerowen » 14 Sep 2008, 15:47

Yeah totally agree with that as well and when they cant get anywhere close to filling it all you will see on sky is Black and Amber seats standing out like a sore thumb with the odd wakey shirt in the crowd !!!!!!

;)

alf garnett
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alf garnett » 14 Sep 2008, 16:08

it will never happen just read what pole cats fans are saying in r l fans ....its a none starter....

the ground will be the home of cas tigers
lets keep it that way
alf garnett 2006 & 2007 winner of the casforum.co.uk most negative poster and we hate the BOD poster
super leagure we dont care -sorry wakey we dont want to share

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 14 Sep 2008, 18:16

alf garnett wrote:it will never happen just read what pole cats fans are saying in r l fans ....its a none starter....

the ground will be the home of cas tigers
lets keep it that way
Yes lets! :clap:

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 14 Sep 2008, 19:38

The only time Wakey fans should be stepping foot in the new cas ground is when they tie us in the Challenge Cup ....cos life in SL for pussycats is looking ever so bleak ..... WAKEY!!!! you can play anywhere in the country ....just not CAS!!!!!

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 14 Sep 2008, 19:39

wastedyears1981 wrote:The only time Wakey fans should be stepping foot in the new cas ground is when they tie us in the Challenge Cup ....cos life in SL for pussycats is looking ever so bleak ..... WAKEY!!!! you can play anywhere in the country ....just not CAS!!!!!
:lol: :clap: