Leafa

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
robofcas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Leafa

Post by robofcas » 15 Sep 2008, 10:49

Just been seen driving into the ground with his missus, what do we all think, possibly signing a 1 year contract to bolster sqaud numbers or not?
TOP 6? stranger things happen!

Mr. Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mr. Tiger » 15 Sep 2008, 10:52

no, most of the squad are training today!

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 15 Sep 2008, 10:59

As said the squad are still training and i would hope that he is one player we wont be keeping, Just not good enough and i know he hasnt had much chance due to injury - But we can do better
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

alf garnett
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alf garnett » 15 Sep 2008, 11:01

dettoriman wrote:As said the squad are still training and i would hope that he is one player we wont be keeping, Just not good enough and i know he hasnt had much chance due to injury - But we can do better
im sick of all this we can do better
who is out there that would come to cas
????????????????????????????????
alf garnett 2006 & 2007 winner of the casforum.co.uk most negative poster and we hate the BOD poster
super leagure we dont care -sorry wakey we dont want to share

Amy
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: AmyBecca88

Post by Amy » 15 Sep 2008, 11:03

I dont think we can do better, I dont see anyone running and jumping to come and sign for us.
Leafa put the hard work in when on the pitch, his forward runs are good, and if only we had someone supporting him then he could offload often enough and we'd be through.
~*~ Amy Loves Riley ~*~
CasForum's Happiest Couple
CasForum's Sexiest Female

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 15 Sep 2008, 12:50

if we sign all the same players how do we expect to improve,leafa,henderson and even wainwright have surved us well over the past few years but now is the time to move them on.

alf garnett
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alf garnett » 15 Sep 2008, 12:57

braytontiger wrote:if we sign all the same players how do we expect to improve,leafa,henderson and even wainwright have surved us well over the past few years but now is the time to move them on.
i know we have to move forward but who can replace
leafa ...some saying chris feather but he is injured 90%of time
alf garnett 2006 & 2007 winner of the casforum.co.uk most negative poster and we hate the BOD poster

jonnyyorkshu
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by jonnyyorkshu » 15 Sep 2008, 13:01

most of last seasons squad will be retained as for leafa imo we should give him another year when he came on against bradford he looked like he had beefed up alot and his running was very strong,tackled well and was always looking to offload.........what more do you want from a prop if we could do better we would have. 1 year deal as a squad player would be fine by me.

Amy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Amy » 15 Sep 2008, 13:06

braytontiger wrote:if we sign all the same players how do we expect to improve,leafa,henderson and even wainwright have surved us well over the past few years but now is the time to move them on.
so we get rid of them all just because its time to move on, and the next thing you know, we only have a 20 man squad, we get injuries through the season and have to put the kids in against the likes of Leeds, because that is what it will come to. Don't get rid of players until you have cover for them.

we havnt got cover for Leafa as of yet, so why should we get rid of him??

If it's true about Hendo going to fev then we are already a hooker down in the squad, and Hudson cant do 80 mins!
~*~ Amy Loves Riley ~*~

alf garnett
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alf garnett » 15 Sep 2008, 13:12

Amy wrote:
so we get rid of them all just because its time to move on, and the next thing you know, we only have a 20 man squad, we get injuries through the season and have to put the kids in against the likes of Leeds, because that is what it will come to. Don't get rid of players until you have cover for them.

If it's true about Hendo going to fev then we are already a hooker down in the squad, and Hudson cant do 80 mins!
:clap: :clap: :clap: well said amy :clap: :clap:

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 15 Sep 2008, 13:15

Amy wrote:

how do you know we havent got players lined up to replace the likes of leafa and henderson.

the very fact that both players best offers are from featherstone just confirms that they arnt up to any other clubs super league standards

Amy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Amy » 15 Sep 2008, 13:19

braytontiger wrote:
Amy wrote:

how do you know we havent got players lined up to replace the likes of leafa and henderson.

the very fact that both players best offers are from featherstone just confirms that they arnt up to any other clubs super league standards
I don't, and if we do have players lined up then we still shouldnt get rid of players, from our small squad as it is, until these players have confirmed to have signed!
~*~ Amy Loves Riley ~*~

castigerowen
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigerowen » 15 Sep 2008, 13:36

I totally agree with what Amy is saying but TM might well be planning to give young Sean Johnson his chance of the Bench next season IMO if we have got better players coming in keep what we have until they are signed then get rid and fill the reaminder with some of the youth team another couple that should get a go is Gledhill (who IMO should have had a go this season)and Lupton (who has been great in the centres for reserves).

And I know people will say are they ready to face Leeds and Saints but if we dont give em a chance they never will be Look at Westy Shenton and Huby they had to be blooded at some poiint as did players like Lynch Sampson Orr and Godwin but they have to be given a chance.

Wasn't this the whole point of Francising Clubs

pontetiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by pontetiger » 15 Sep 2008, 13:57

we have got two very good young hookers at the club in gareth swift and john davies, both could take the step up to super league. ben gledhill should be moved up too as every time i have seen him play suggest he is good enough to make the step up. the additions we have made to the squad allready suggest we will be a lot stronger than last year in the starting 13 and should boost the squad numbers by bringing through the youngens. we have some older heads in the team and some good young players, who will learn alot playing with the likes of sargent,hudson,widders,sherwin,and mcgoldrick the future is bright.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 15 Sep 2008, 14:09

Matterson says he's got four new players coming in, with hoping to have two in within the next fortnight.

I agree. We need to start looking for better players than the ones we currently have. That's how clubs progress. There's no room for sentimental attitudes.

At the end of the day, yes they can be squad players, but for me there's no point paying the wages for someone who is going to sit in the reserves the majority of the year. It's a waste of money.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

solsfire
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by solsfire » 15 Sep 2008, 14:15

Fully wrote:Matterson says he's got four new players coming in, with hoping to have two in within the next fortnight.

I agree. We need to start looking for better players than the ones we currently have. That's how clubs progress. There's no room for sentimental attitudes.

At the end of the day, yes they can be squad players, but for me there's no point paying the wages for someone who is going to sit in the reserves the majority of the year. It's a waste of money.
Thats why the reserves are poor. You need a strong reserves (squad ) to put pressure onto the first team for places

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 15 Sep 2008, 15:40

Possibly. I'd just rather us not spend more than we should. We have players like Massey and Gledhill who can cover the forwards, and Arundel who can cover the backs.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

Pepper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Pepper » 15 Sep 2008, 15:41

Leafa's not good enough imo. We have 5 props, and 5 second rowers signed up already for next season do we need an other to just to make numbers up.

(prop - Korki, sarge, higgins, huby, boyle)
(second row- Widders, Faumuina, Jones, clayton, Massey)

I'ed rather give boyle more game time, unless the forward we're bringing in is absolutley top draw.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 15 Sep 2008, 15:52

Leafa just does'nt have the size and to be honest does'nt really add much to the team and the game when he comes on. With the 5 props we have for next season, he would easily be my last choice! even behind Boyle who IMO deserves a better chance this year than he got last year. He would usually get about 10 minutes and at this late stage usually couldn't get into the game.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 15 Sep 2008, 19:38

Fully wrote:Matterson says he's got four new players coming in, with hoping to have two in within the next fortnight.

interesting to see who these are as the quota is full & according to many people on here the salary budget for 09 is almost gone