What if you won the lottery?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
yorktiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

What if you won the lottery?

Post by yorktiger » 15 Sep 2008, 11:50

I am the proud parent of a 1 month old daughter, and that involves many sleepless nights. So one of the things to pass the time is if you won a decent chunk of cash on the lottery and were prepared to invest 20 million quid in Cas. How would you do it? This isn't intended to turn into a have a go at the current board and the like, just a bit of fun.

Would you invest it in a long term structure such as the best academy facilities in the game to attract the best youngsters from around the world, and put in place policies to give us sustained success but that would take a bit of time to bear fruit....or would you spend, spend, spend to give instant (yet potentially short term) success?

I'd go for the first one, and get the best coaching staff on 10 year contracts and tell them to get on with it, with the aim of a totally British team in 5 years.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Re: What if you won the lottery?

Post by dettoriman » 15 Sep 2008, 11:53

yorktiger wrote:I am the proud parent of a 1 month old daughter, and that involves many sleepless nights. So one of the things to pass the time is if you won a decent chunk of cash on the lottery and were prepared to invest 20 million quid in Cas. How would you do it? This isn't intended to turn into a have a go at the current board and the like, just a bit of fun.

Would you invest it in a long term structure such as the best academy facilities in the game to attract the best youngsters from around the world, and put in place policies to give us sustained success but that would take a bit of time to bear fruit....or would you spend, spend, spend to give instant (yet potentially short term) success?

I'd go for the first one, and get the best coaching staff on 10 year contracts and tell them to get on with it, with the aim of a totally British team in 5 years.
The first thing you would do is buy out all the shareholders, Sack the board and actually get some people on it with vast rugby knowlegde and also some who are able to negotiate reasonable contract deals -- Then you would look at improving other areas
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

alf garnett
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alf garnett » 15 Sep 2008, 12:00

i would do the following

build a nice new bridge
put silly seats on carlton street
spend money on a nice crate house
spend money on fryston villagage
then have a ch 4 crew come and pull it all to bits

awwww thats all ready been done :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
alf garnett 2006 & 2007 winner of the casforum.co.uk most negative poster and we hate the BOD poster
super leagure we dont care -sorry wakey we dont want to share

meltdown
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by meltdown » 15 Sep 2008, 12:06

this is something i've oftened day dreamed about and it always comes down to the same thing. i wouldn't have a clue and i would be as useless. I would retain the current squad because i am too soft to be ruthless and cast them aside. i would not know who to bring in to do the best for the club and would probably have us relagated by the end of the year. i've decided i will wait until the new stadium is built and buy an expensive executive box for me and all my friends and buy a home and away shirt and watch the matches on sky from a luxury carribean island
Erisne amicus meus in Libro vultuum.

A woman has the last word in any argument.
Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 15 Sep 2008, 12:06

I wouldn't invest in the club at this current time unless the player contracts are re-accessed and a few members of the BOD and management are sacked.

If the above happened then I'd fund the shortfall in the stadium for naming rights and a seat on the BOD which would be used as the "fans voice".

Depending on how everything went I'd further invest in the club to bring in quality players / academy setup.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

alf garnett
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alf garnett » 15 Sep 2008, 12:22

if r w &jack fulton refuse to sell there shares
you can have as much money as you like
and still would not get a seat on bod or even buy the club
how many have tryed in past??
alf garnett 2006 & 2007 winner of the casforum.co.uk most negative poster and we hate the BOD poster

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 15 Sep 2008, 12:31

I would buy Leeds Rhinos........disband them and turn Shedingley into a car park.
Last edited by Casmania on 15 Sep 2008, 13:16, edited 1 time in total.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 15 Sep 2008, 12:33

Casmania wrote:I would but Leeds Rhinos........disband them and turn Shedingley into a car park.
and i would spend an extra fiver and do the same to Wakefield

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Birstalltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Birstalltiger » 15 Sep 2008, 13:08

If i won the lottery i woud be a right tight git and spend it all on me i would be that tight i would expect free tickets in to the ground.
There is one thing sure i would not spend a penny on Cas for you lot slag me off every day.
The best looking Cas fan outside Cas

zart
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by zart » 15 Sep 2008, 17:20

Birstalltiger wrote:If i won the lottery i woud be a right tight git and spend it all on me i would be that tight i would expect free tickets in to the ground.
There is one thing sure i would not spend a penny on Cas for you lot slag me off every day.
:clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

big-t
League One Player
League One Player

Post by big-t » 15 Sep 2008, 17:25

If it was the Euro millions I'd wait a month and spend the interest on buying Cas, sacking the likes of korki & Mcgoldrick and use their cap space on players of the calibre of Moimoi & Brett Stewart/Jamie Lyon as well as make sure the new stadium is built and a totally new board and coaching staff are brought in that are good enough to run a league winning side.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 15 Sep 2008, 17:56

I would pay someone to exterminate the whole of Wakey and Fev.

Or use the millions to put into businesses eventually sell to middle east buyers earn trillions and turn Chelsea back into the richest club again!

tigertrike
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigertrike » 15 Sep 2008, 18:49

I would get absolutely smashed off my face and stay that way..

well... you did ask... [-(
just because better people than you have tried and failed, it does'nt mean you shouldn't try...

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 15 Sep 2008, 19:27

If i won the lottery i wouldn't be stupid enough to spend any of it on Cas :lol:

alf garnett
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alf garnett » 15 Sep 2008, 19:32

Rich_1 wrote:If i won the lottery i wouldn't be stupid enough to spend any of it on Cas :lol:
no rich you would want a seat on leeds united board :lol:

cutsyke tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cutsyke tiger » 15 Sep 2008, 19:56

Casmania wrote:I would buy Leeds Rhinos........disband them and turn Shedingley into a car park.
You would need a hell of alot of money to take caddick down :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bone!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bone! » 15 Sep 2008, 21:46

If I won the lottery, while you probs wouldn't win anywhere near 20million on the lottery, If I won the Lottery, I'd hand my notice in, Get a flight abroad - wherever i fancied. I'd forget about life here and never come back!!!
:lol:
.............................I

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 15 Sep 2008, 21:49

Bone! wrote:If I won the lottery, while you probs wouldn't win anywhere near 20million on the lottery, If I won the Lottery, I'd hand my notice in, Get a flight abroad - wherever i fancied. I'd forget about life here and never come back!!!
:lol:
Same.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 15 Sep 2008, 21:50

Id move to Australia permanently, and then take over a top NRL club.

Bone!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bone! » 15 Sep 2008, 21:59

Casmania wrote:I would buy Leeds Rhinos........disband them and turn Shedingley into a car park.
My dad Said he would by Leeds - Punch Keith Senior then sack him. Then run them into the ground :lol:
.............................I