Westerman not going to World Cup

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 18 Sep 2008, 15:28

It needs Joe to come out and say if he can play or not, after all its only him who knows how he feels and if he can cope, its alright TM saying he may/may not be fit but Joe surely as to have the final say in i, which ast the moment sounds as though TM & TS are making excuses.

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 18 Sep 2008, 16:00

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:It needs Joe to come out and say if he can play or not, after all its only him who knows how he feels and if he can cope, its alright TM saying he may/may not be fit but Joe surely as to have the final say in i, which ast the moment sounds as though TM & TS are making excuses.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

funniest post todate

gazemous
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by gazemous » 18 Sep 2008, 16:03

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:It needs Joe to come out and say if he can play or not, after all its only him who knows how he feels and if he can cope, its alright TM saying he may/may not be fit but Joe surely as to have the final say in i, which ast the moment sounds as though TM & TS are making excuses.
I think his coach and trained medical staff are in a much better position to judge a teenager's fitness than the player himself.

It is TM's job to look after the youngsters for the well being of the club and their future career. If he is any less than 100% fit, he shouldn't go. Joe has a whole career in front of him, no point in wrecking himself now. But, as with all eager youngsters, he's going to say he can play even if he can't just to get representative honours, that's why the decision shouldn't be his but the vastly more experienced TM & TS.

alf garnett
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alf garnett » 18 Sep 2008, 16:31

i agree the medical staff are in a better postion to advice joe on the
injury if they dont think he should play then he should listern to there advice
alf garnett 2006 & 2007 winner of the casforum.co.uk most negative poster and we hate the BOD poster
super leagure we dont care -sorry wakey we dont want to share

rugby_union_nathe

Post by rugby_union_nathe » 23 Sep 2008, 10:13

I cant see him playing many games for England if they were to take him along anyway, maybe just in the less important games to get him that bit of experience.
But i hope he is fit and raring to go for our 2009 campaign, would rather he be fit for that than for the World Cup
MURRAYFIELD MAGIC!

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: ...waiting at the gates to the promised land, that being Glasshoughton.....well near to there now.

Post by cvtiger » 23 Sep 2008, 11:11

but that kind of experience, if he plays or not would be good for him, and us too. Same goes for Shenny.
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 23 Sep 2008, 11:13

rugby_union_nathe wrote:I cant see him playing many games for England if they were to take him along anyway, maybe just in the less important games to get him that bit of experience.
But i hope he is fit and raring to go for our 2009 campaign, would rather he be fit for that than for the World Cup
Most of us arent suggesting he will even take to the field for England mate, Were saying we would like him to get used to the international environment, Be around the best players in the world and train with them - This would only help his knowledge and improve his attitude further - He can then put that to good use when he gets back raring to go for 2009
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: ...waiting at the gates to the promised land, that being Glasshoughton.....well near to there now.

Post by cvtiger » 23 Sep 2008, 11:17

dettoriman wrote:
rugby_union_nathe wrote:I cant see him playing many games for England if they were to take him along anyway, maybe just in the less important games to get him that bit of experience.
Most of us arent suggesting he will even take to the field for England mate, Were saying we would like him to get used to the international environment, Be around the best players in the world and train with them - This would only help his knowledge and improve his attitude further - He can then put that to good use when he gets back raring to go for 2009
:clap: :clap: :clap:
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 23 Sep 2008, 13:52

There's really no easy game in the World Cup especially with the group were in with New Zealand and Australia, and although i believe we'll beat PNG there not there to just make numbers!

Get through the group stages and we'll probably be drawing teams like Samoa and Tonga and Fiji, if your telling me there he easier games then your very very wrong!