According to RL Fans.......

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
rich
League One Player
League One Player

Post by rich » 18 Sep 2008, 20:29

As a follow on from the colour scheme being black and amber, we should also make sure that we have castleford painted on the seats. So you can see it from a distance.Like the football grounds are.
]
When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For their tomorrow, We gave our today

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 18 Sep 2008, 20:32

rich wrote:As a follow on from the colour scheme being black and amber, we should also make sure that we have castleford painted on the seats. So you can see it from a distance.Like the football grounds are.
Or if worst comes to worst and we do share, why not welcome Wakey with a red carpet and let them choose the colours and what not .. :roll:

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 18 Sep 2008, 20:32

We should make everything Castleford, As though its just our stadium and Wakefield should be considered payign tennants

Although i dont think it will come to this, Neither club or set of fans want the ground share so i doubt it will come to that
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

castigerowen
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigerowen » 18 Sep 2008, 20:52

Would be good to have the power to say to them we are playing on that pitch next weekend we dont want you chewing it up and give them the marching orders a la Dave Whelan !!!!!!

:dance:

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 18 Sep 2008, 21:05

I know we don't like the thought about it, but Wakey wont be enjoying it anymore than us .. for one if they don't ground share then there future may be in doubt so they'll be very very worried, which pleases me :)

rich
League One Player
League One Player

Post by rich » 18 Sep 2008, 22:20

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
rich wrote:As a follow on from the colour scheme being black and amber, we should also make sure that we have castleford painted on the seats. So you can see it from a distance.Like the football grounds are.
Or if worst comes to worst and we do share, why not welcome Wakey with a red carpet and let them choose the colours and what not .. :roll:
Lost me
]
When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For their tomorrow, We gave our today

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 18 Sep 2008, 22:35

rich wrote:
WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
Lost me
Sorry mate was my really lame attempt at being sarcastic :oops:

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 18 Sep 2008, 22:54

does anyone know the probable financial arragements of a possible ground share?

As Wakefield are unlikely to be contributing capital to getting the stadium built, would I be right in thinking we could draw revenue from their 'home' matches?

alf garnett
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alf garnett » 18 Sep 2008, 23:03

alftupper wrote:does anyone know the probable financial arragements of a possible ground share?

As Wakefield are unlikely to be contributing capital to getting the stadium built, would I be right in thinking we could draw revenue from their 'home' matches?
lets hope its a fixed rent because if its on gates
we will be lucky to get 2-50p when they play catalans or london
alf garnett 2006 & 2007 winner of the casforum.co.uk most negative poster and we hate the BOD poster
super leagure we dont care -sorry wakey we dont want to share

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 18 Sep 2008, 23:30

alf garnett wrote:
alftupper wrote:does anyone know the probable financial arragements of a possible ground share?

lets hope its a fixed rent because if its on gates
we will be lucky to get 2-50p when they play catalans or london
When we played Catalan at home they bought 5 people, but when they play at home thats a totally different scenario, they have achieved good attendances this year more than us i believe/think and a few other clubs too.

cutsyke tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cutsyke tiger » 18 Sep 2008, 23:53

spoonie wrote:I think that Wakie can get lost, you are not ground sharing, cos if the boot was on the other foot it would be a whole different story!

I personally think that the Pole Rats should be kicked into the Northern League One as a result of there mis-managment of the ground at Thorns Park and let Widnes In.
If i was a widnes fan, i would be kicking the door in at RL HQ after all, they missed out to let in Celtic, why cant wakie be booted out for widnes, they will provide a better platfrom for the game.

Boot Wakie OUT
Boot Wakie OUT
Boot Wakie OUT
Boot Wakie OUT
Boot Wakie OUT
Boot Wakie OUT
Boot Wakie OUT
statement from a 10yr old grow up

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 19 Sep 2008, 00:12

I like everyone's confidence but it would appear that the panes in our greenhouse are well and truly smashed.

What am I talking about? The fact that we do not yet have a stadium and until it's confirmed, we are in the same position as Wakey and therefore should not be throwing stones.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Half Acres Halfwit
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Half Acres Halfwit » 19 Sep 2008, 03:59

Most sensible post on this thread yet FC,prepare for the backlash come 1st of October if we fail to gain the neccesary funding.

HEY YOU GU-UYS!!

spoonie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by spoonie » 19 Sep 2008, 09:43

Flat Capper wrote:I like everyone's confidence but it would appear that the panes in our greenhouse are well and truly smashed.

What am I talking about? The fact that we do not yet have a stadium and until it's confirmed, we are in the same position as Wakey and therefore should not be throwing stones.
As it was stated by the RFL, WE (castleford) have a plan B if the stadium idea goes to the wall, Also in the statements from the RFL it was put that Wakie Pole Rats could of done with a plan B.

Well, well, well. Because of thier miss management they sould not craw into our stadium. Why should we, they were protesting against our stadium from the outset. Isn`t time a funny thing.

Get Widnes IN

Bonzo
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Bonzo » 19 Sep 2008, 11:38

IF we were to get the stadium, I wouldn't have an issue with Wakey renting it for their home games, however sharing it implies joint ownership which would be out of order considering the investment already made by Cas.

Apparently RW hit the roof when the idea was put to him, or so I heard.
"Mr Underwood, You are truly a master of the mysteries that are not revealed to us mere mortals."

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 19 Sep 2008, 12:07

Bonzo wrote:IF we were to get the stadium, I wouldn't have an issue with Wakey renting it for their home games, however sharing it implies joint ownership which would be out of order considering the investment already made by Cas.

Apparently RW hit the roof when the idea was put to him, or so I heard.
Good on RW, there's no way we should be sharing it after all the hard work already put in by the club, ok let them rent for a while until they by hook or by crook, get a new ground of their own, but our ground should reflect that it is Castleford Tigers ground and should be defaced with Wakey colours or livery inside our outside OUR ground.
Danny Boy

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: ...waiting at the gates to the promised land, that being Glasshoughton.....well near to there now.

Post by cvtiger » 19 Sep 2008, 12:28

...again, well done RW if that is the case, why should anyone ride on the back of anothers efforts...
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

Shameless
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shameless » 19 Sep 2008, 12:37

Flat Capper wrote:I like everyone's confidence but it would appear that the panes in our greenhouse are well and truly smashed.
The panes have been smashed, the frame bulldozed, and a house of cards erected in it's place.

I am more nervous about the statement on the 30th than I was about the franchise results. The RFL are not beacons of honesty and transparency but compared to the machinations of local government.............

The rollercoaster ride hasn't stopped yet.

In Sport
Shameless

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 19 Sep 2008, 16:35

Relax, I'm sure it will be all fine. :pray: :pray: :pray:

Bone!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bone! » 19 Sep 2008, 21:51

spoonie wrote:I think that Wakie can get lost, you are not ground sharing, cos if the boot was on the other foot it would be a whole different story!

I personally think that the Pole Rats should be kicked into the Northern League One as a result of there mis-managment of the ground at Thorns Park and let Widnes In.
If i was a widnes fan, i would be kicking the door in at RL HQ after all, they missed out to let in Celtic, why cant wakie be booted out for widnes, they will provide a better platfrom for the game.

Boot Wakie OUT
Boot Wakie OUT
Boot Wakie OUT
Boot Wakie OUT
Boot Wakie OUT
Boot Wakie OUT
Boot Wakie OUT
:clap:
.............................I