D/ express

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 20 Sep 2008, 13:04

Mysterio wrote:..Joe Westerman is a great example....
On the lash every tuesday and saturday... :lol: :lol:

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 20 Sep 2008, 13:14

fenton wrote:
And Monday now iv seen him in Quest odd few times now.

Also Fordy told me there's to be a massive drinking ban for next season, cant remember the details but he said if anyone is caught breaking rules then theres consuquences.

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 20 Sep 2008, 13:33

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
fenton wrote:

Also Fordy told me there's to be a massive drinking ban for next season, cant remember the details but he said if anyone is caught breaking rules then theres consuquences.
Yeah right, I won't hold my breath.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.
http://www.normantonknights.co.uk

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 20 Sep 2008, 13:47

Normy Knight wrote:
WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
fenton wrote:

Yeah right, I won't hold my breath.
:lol: :lol:

chodbin
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chodbin » 20 Sep 2008, 15:25

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
fenton wrote:

Yes, you have to down a yard of ale in 60 seconds

pontetiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by pontetiger » 20 Sep 2008, 15:54

dettoriman wrote:
pontetiger wrote:i would rather keep korki for another year than pay 20000 pounds to huddersfield. keep him for another year then get shut and sign andy lynch. if any team wants him then they should take all the contract,
Well your mad, We have paid him £20'000 which would mean we can now only get a £68'000 player to replace him - but in reality we could get 2 or 3 players for that money who would both perform far superior than the fat waste of space that is Korkidas
name me the three players that we can sign ,that will do a better job for 23000 each or two for 34000. not trying to stick up for korki one bit but its hard to earn your money sat on a bench and only getting ten min playing time. i just hate the fact that we are not spending the full cap and giving money away.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 20 Sep 2008, 17:18

pontetiger wrote:
dettoriman wrote:
pontetiger wrote:i would rather keep korki for another year than pay 20000 pounds to huddersfield. keep him for another year then get shut and sign andy lynch. if any team wants him then they should take all the contract,
Well your mad, We have paid him £20'000 which would mean we can now only get a £68'000 player to replace him - but in reality we could get 2 or 3 players for that money who would both perform far superior than the fat waste of space that is Korkidas
name me the three players that we can sign ,that will do a better job for 23000 each or two for 34000. not trying to stick up for korki one bit but its hard to earn your money sat on a bench and only getting ten min playing time. i just hate the fact that we are not spending the full cap and giving money away.
Thats is own fault, he wasn't given the number 10 shirt for no reason, TM gave him it expecting to have a starting prop who was actually good! Korki as been a flop and by is own merit as played is way out of the team rather than into it!

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 20 Sep 2008, 23:18

Normy Knight wrote:
Mysterio wrote:Gledhill wants to stop smoking outside the Castlefields whilst on the pee if he wants to be taken seriously.
Anti smoking brigade out I see.

How old is Ben, 18 is it. It could just be a passing phase where most teenagers experiment in all the so called adult things, it is his body.

You can talk to your blue in the face to a young lad about the rights and wrongs in life, but they're still going to do what they want to do, Iam sure you did.
Thank goodness you're not the Cas Coach!

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 20 Sep 2008, 23:33

Mysterio wrote:
Normy Knight wrote:
Mysterio wrote:Gledhill wants to stop smoking outside the Castlefields whilst on the pee if he wants to be taken seriously.

How old is Ben, 18 is it. It could just be a passing phase where most teenagers experiment in all the so called adult things, it is his body.

You can talk to your blue in the face to a young lad about the rights and wrongs in life, but they're still going to do what they want to do, Iam sure you did.
Have you had a sheltered life or what . More to the point whatever job anyone does, it's upto the indivdual and only them that well decide there own fate .

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 21 Sep 2008, 00:04

If you knew what Sherwin and Co get upto when there drunk then i guarantee you would'nt think twice about Gledhill having the odd smoke.

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 21 Sep 2008, 01:00

Mysterio wrote:
Normy Knight wrote:

Dont agree with what your saying at all.

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 21 Sep 2008, 08:08

Mysterio wrote:
Normy Knight wrote:

No Iam not the coach, just a father with a bit of experience with teenage lads.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.
http://www.normantonknights.co.uk

cutsyke tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cutsyke tiger » 21 Sep 2008, 17:14

Normy Knight wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
Normy Knight wrote:

And you will not get any more experiance than that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slash
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Slash » 21 Sep 2008, 17:26

Did nobody take Puig Aubert seriously then?

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 21 Sep 2008, 18:45

cutsyke tiger wrote:
Normy Knight wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
Normy Knight wrote:

And you will not get any more experiance than that :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

I sympathise with you Normy Knight, for any coach or parents dealing with 13-18 year olds is a nightmare, i know my dad and coach cant put up with me and the team most the times!

cutsyke tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cutsyke tiger » 21 Sep 2008, 18:47

Normy Knight wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
Normy Knight wrote:

sorry double post

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 21 Sep 2008, 23:24

It is certainly no easy task dealing with 16-18 year old lads who think they know it all (as we all did no doubt). I do belive it's a time in any young sportsmans life that can dicate whether or not they make it in their chosen task.

I've seen plenty of talented young ruby players fall by the wayside due to either one or all of drink, fags, drugs and worst of all women!

Like most things in life, everyone deals with life in different ways. Some can take all that is thrown at them and still become stars. Others struggle with the slightest distraction.

All in all it needs a father or coach who can idetify the individual needs and coax the lad through. It's not what they encounter that's the problem, it's how they deal with it and support plays a big part.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Glassblower

Post by Glassblower » 22 Sep 2008, 11:07

Normy Knight wrote:

Never a truer word spoken NK :)

meltdown
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by meltdown » 22 Sep 2008, 11:11

Flat Capper wrote:It is certainly no easy task dealing with 16-18 year old lads who think they know it all (as we all did no doubt). I do belive it's a time in any young sportsmans life that can dicate whether or not they make it in their chosen task.

I've seen plenty of talented young ruby players fall by the wayside due to either one or all of drink, fags, drugs and worst of all women!

Like most things in life, everyone deals with life in different ways. Some can take all that is thrown at them and still become stars. Others struggle with the slightest distraction.

All in all it needs a father or coach who can idetify the individual needs and coax the lad through. It's not what they encounter that's the problem, it's how they deal with it and support plays a big part.

this is where the senior players should be setting a good example. They are coming to the end of their careers but these young lads are just starting out. the experienced players should be taking the younger lads under their wing and guiding them and encouraging them to adopt a professional attitude.
Erisne amicus meus in Libro vultuum.

A woman has the last word in any argument.
Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument