YOUNG ACE AND ANDY SIGN NEW DEALS

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

YOUNG ACE AND ANDY SIGN NEW DEALS

Post by Di » 22 Sep 2008, 11:52

Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Glassblower

Re: YOUNG ACE AND ANDY SIGN NEW DEALS

Post by Glassblower » 22 Sep 2008, 12:06

aaarrrgggghhhhh !

I thought you meant Andy Henderson lol
great news for young Arundel.

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 22 Sep 2008, 12:14

With regards to the other quote by RW ,it looks like the full 24/25 squad will mbe finalised this week,

fingers crossed for the giant forward and an outstanding F/B,

you never know :pray: :pray: :D

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cvtiger » 22 Sep 2008, 12:33

...every thing is crossed here...

don't forget the departure of the Korkidas!!
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 22 Sep 2008, 12:48

cvtiger wrote:...every thing is crossed here...

don't forget the departure of the Korkidas!!
too right ,korki will free up a good chunk,

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Sep 2008, 17:02

Correct me if I'm wrong but the comments of RW suggest youngsters like Joe A are in addition to the 24/5 member first team squad he expects to complete by the end of this week?

If that's the case then surely if these youngsters are on full-time contracts then that would make a squad in excess of 24/5? Or am I just dreaming?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 22 Sep 2008, 17:06

All the best to Joe. I hope he takes this opportunity as well as I know he can. Good luck to the lad.

big-t
League One Player
League One Player

Post by big-t » 22 Sep 2008, 17:06

Flat Capper wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but the comments of RW suggest youngsters like Joe A are in addition to the 24/5 member first team squad he expects to complete by the end of this week?

If that's the case then surely if these youngsters are on full-time contracts then that would make a squad in excess of 24/5? Or am I just dreaming?
To me it looks like he's saying 24/25 players from the current squad/other teams then another few from the 18's/reserves...which would make a final squad of 28/29?

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 22 Sep 2008, 17:45

Played with Joe for years and never expected him to be playing for the 1st team so soon. Good lad and good luck.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 22 Sep 2008, 17:48

Lets hope when he is given a crack in the first team he is played in his correct position so he can shine
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 22 Sep 2008, 18:01

dettoriman wrote:Lets hope when he is given a crack in the first team he is played in his correct position so he can shine
If we get a fullback then there's no reason why Joe can't be put in is correct position, but if different players are having to fill in at different positions in the backs like last season then Joe will probably find himself playing somewhere where he doesn't like and is exploited badly makin him look as though he isn't ready.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 22 Sep 2008, 18:14

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
dettoriman wrote:Lets hope when he is given a crack in the first team he is played in his correct position so he can shine
If we get a fullback then there's no reason why Joe can't be put in is correct position, but if different players are having to fill in at different positions in the backs like last season then Joe will probably find himself playing somewhere where he doesn't like and is exploited badly makin him look as though he isn't ready.
Well if we play him on the wing then were mad, As i know for a fact he doesnt want to play there - Even in the first team - he would if he was put there but Fb/Centre are his best and favourite positions

I can see Joe really making it in the game, Unlike some of our other youngsters he is very level headed, Settled down in himself and doesnt go out and get blathered every week - He could have a big future in the game
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

solsfire
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by solsfire » 22 Sep 2008, 18:19

Flat Capper wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but the comments of RW suggest youngsters like Joe A are in addition to the 24/5 member first team squad he expects to complete by the end of this week?

From what I understand Joe is in the 25 and the others are with the squad no's 25 to 30

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 22 Sep 2008, 18:35

go back and read it again :D

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 22 Sep 2008, 19:11

dettoriman wrote:
WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
Well if we play him on the wing then were mad, As i know for a fact he doesnt want to play there - Even in the first team - he would if he was put there but Fb/Centre are his best and favourite positions

I can see Joe really making it in the game, Unlike some of our other youngsters he is very level headed, Settled down in himself and doesnt go out and get blathered every week - He could have a big future in the game
:roll: :lol: Ask is mates haha, they'll tell you different.

Preferably with Joe's build, physique and ability he would make a good centre or fullback and as played in them 2 postion from a very young age, Joe on the wing = WASTE .. he loves the ball in is hands and is dangerous.

But your right he as the proffesionalism already and as a good mate of is i can only wish him all the best.

solsfire
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by solsfire » 22 Sep 2008, 19:21

monkeyface wrote:

soz

littlekemp

Post by littlekemp » 22 Sep 2008, 19:44

Being agreed for a while now and was told this by joe last week when he signed. He is very down to earth and knows what he has to do to make it

Joe hates the wing but if its the only position he was offered in the side he obviously would play there he played full back until he was about 15 and then played as a centre. Speaking to him he would prefer centre but knows chances there will be limited with shenton on the right side where he usually plays and would play full back.

Played with him when i was younger so hopes he makes it and i think he will.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 23 Sep 2008, 01:07

monkeyface wrote:

I have and I draw the same conclusion. :P
Spreading the Cas gene pool

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 23 Sep 2008, 04:29

Flat Capper wrote:
monkeyface wrote:

I have and I draw the same conclusion. :P
ok :(

youll have to wait for next week then,!!!

stumain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stumain » 23 Sep 2008, 09:48

Flat Capper wrote:I have and I draw the same conclusion. :P
I do also. RW is clearly stating we will have a full time squad of 28-30 players.