Korky Signs For Giants

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 24 Oct 2008, 22:07

Still even if he did have a fall out with TM still doesn't mean he as to play bad for us, thats down to his lack of determination and effort. Maybe things may go smoother as Huddersfield but i still don't think he'll do anything against us or anyone. Once a good player but gone down hill so so fast.

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 24 Oct 2008, 23:46

I personally wont be writing him off as a player.

Still young in terms of being a prop, and he may well regain the form he had and show us that his early career potential has been developed.

Long live the Tigers!!!

cutsyke tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cutsyke tiger » 25 Oct 2008, 11:36

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:Still even if he did have a fall out with TM still doesn't mean he as to play bad for us, thats down to his lack of determination and effort. Maybe things may go smoother as Huddersfield but i still don't think he'll do anything against us or anyone. Once a good player but gone down hill so so fast.
Would you go out and knock yourself about if you were only getting 10 mins game time and some matches non at all and you knew there was no prospect for you owing to the attitude of the coach.
I know what i would have told TM to do and that is take a running jump.
And regarding going down hill fast see how he plays for shudders next season i think you will be surprised.

stevem
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stevem » 25 Oct 2008, 12:02

cutsyke tiger wrote:
WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:Still even if he did have a fall out with TM still doesn't mean he as to play bad for us, thats down to his lack of determination and effort. Maybe things may go smoother as Huddersfield but i still don't think he'll do anything against us or anyone. Once a good player but gone down hill so so fast.
Would you go out and knock yourself about if you were only getting 10 mins game time and some matches non at all and you knew there was no prospect for you owing to the attitude of the coach.
And regarding going down hill fast see how he plays for shudders next season i think you will be surprised
It's more the fact that he was being paid a good salary to knock himself about for the fans and club who pay that salary when asked to. And to be honest even in the early games before any reported fall out with TM, the effort just wasn't there.

Consultant
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Consultant » 25 Oct 2008, 13:01

Hmmm interesting.

Makes his sin bin against Hudersfield after being on the field for only a minute seem suspicious to me. It cost us the game and Korki didn't have to show what he could do or could not do in front of the Huddersfield Directors.

Korki was a much better player than what we saw. Quite what the problem was I do not know but I got the impression that the guy had no respect for TM and that just got worse as the season went on. Last two games he played something like but that was to put himself in the shop window IMO.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 25 Oct 2008, 13:17

cutsyke tiger wrote:
And regarding going down hill fast see how he plays for shudders next season i think you will be surprised.
Yeah a good solid 10 minutes is better than nothing at all, if thats all that TM was allowing him then in that 10 minutes he should of took is frustrations out on the other team, but he didn't and therefore was just a waste on the pitch, often keeping young Boyle out of the team, who to me would of done a better job.

And to be honest i doubt i'll be suprised you can't become good over night and it's going to take more than a good pre season for Korkidas to regain fitness and form of Wakefield and in parts Salford.

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 25 Oct 2008, 20:55

TM is terrible man management wise. As i dont really care anymore i cant wait for Korki to prove it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cutsyke tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cutsyke tiger » 26 Oct 2008, 17:48

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
cutsyke tiger wrote:
Yeah a good solid 10 minutes is better than nothing at all, if thats all that TM was allowing him then in that 10 minutes he should of took is frustrations out on the other team, but he didn't and therefore was just a waste on the pitch, often keeping young Boyle out of the team, who to me would of done a better job.

And to be honest i doubt i'll be suprised you can't become good over night and it's going to take more than a good pre season for Korkidas to regain fitness and form of Wakefield and in parts Salford.
Sorry mate but how can you get match fit with 10mins playing time if you have played the game you will know you can train as much as you like but you have to get games under your belt to play at your best korkie was not getting that time and regards the other time will tell :dance: :dance: :dance:

moverman

Post by moverman » 27 Oct 2008, 14:16

personally, i am a bit disappointed he is going, i dont know how people can say he was that bad. those last two home games of the season he was on fire. i would have given him another chance. to go through a long, hard season and then put in performances like the bradford game shows character. A lot of other players would have given up and walked away. Huddersfield have got a right steal there. shows he was just getting warmed up and i reckon he will tear us apart next season.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 27 Oct 2008, 15:16

moverman wrote:personally, i am a bit disappointed he is going, i dont know how people can say he was that bad. those last two home games of the season he was on fire. i would have given him another chance. to go through a long, hard season and then put in performances like the bradford game shows character. A lot of other players would have given up and walked away. Huddersfield have got a right steal there. shows he was just getting warmed up and i reckon he will tear us apart next season.
He was trying to impress another club to come in for him - Huddersfield took the bait fortunately.

It's a well known documented fact that Korkidas was disinterested. The club have done right in spending his speculated wages elsewhere.

One player does not make a team and Korkidas will find it hard to get into the first team with the Giants.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

castigerowen
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigerowen » 27 Oct 2008, 15:33

Keeping Korky would have been a big risk imo

He was on big money taking up a quota spot think of it this way we swapped him for Sarge !!!!

If we had kept him and he hadnt performed a huge waste of money and hinderence to recruitment for the squad

If he had performed he was out of contract at the end of the year and owing to his fall out with TM would have walked away anyway so imo we did the right thing :clap:

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 27 Oct 2008, 15:57

Whether he be a good player or bad player, the bottom line is that he had to go. Obviously TM had lost patience with him and so had the fans, for a guy on a bit of money like he was he really didn't seem that bothered, then again if you knew you were earning good money and didn't after do anything for it then why not.

Huddersfield have gambled here and if they can get something out of him then great good luck to him and them, but comments of him apparently going to 'tear us apart' next season, well that's just really funny. :lol:

Jazzman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jazzman » 27 Oct 2008, 16:39

All Korki has ever done is spill the ball and give away penalties, wherever he has been. A poor player and a poor signing for me.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 27 Oct 2008, 17:24

Jazzman wrote:All Korki has ever done is spill the ball and give away penalties, wherever he has been. A poor player and a poor signing for me.
In is defence though mate he was actually a decent player for Wakey, he was alot trimmer than he is now and was very aggresive, often causing defences problems. I think over the years he's 'beefed' himself up too much and simply cannot perform especially against the fast athletes nowadays, he simply cannot be arsed to bend is back and tackle.

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 27 Oct 2008, 21:46

Rich_1 wrote:TM is terrible man management wise. As i dont really care anymore i cant wait for Korki to prove it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What don't you care about any more?
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"