Nice of him

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 28 Oct 2008, 20:47

big-t wrote:
You mean that Glasshoughton that has Castleford in the address?
Its abit like saying Bishop Burton, Hull.

When Hull is like, 30 mins drive away from me. :lol: :lol:

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Oct 2008, 20:53

fenton wrote:
big-t wrote:
You mean that Glasshoughton that has Castleford in the address?
Its abit like saying Bishop Burton, Hull.

When Hull is like, 30 mins drive away from me. :lol: :lol:
Thought bishop burton came under beverley, yeah it as a HU post code, but it's nearer to beverley than it is hull.

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 28 Oct 2008, 21:11

Its says both on my adress, but you get the point ;) :lol:

cutsyke tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cutsyke tiger » 28 Oct 2008, 21:13

Fully wrote:
cutsyke tiger wrote:
Fully wrote:
cutsyke tiger wrote:
What a absolute load of crap which makes me think you are in the 10 to 15yr old age group
That's your opinion at the end of the day. Unfortunately, I'm 20 in a few weeks for your information.

I've grown up in Pontefract all my life and every week all you hear is about another person that has been assaulted, stabbed or raped or something along those lines.

Society in general is going down the crapper - that's in general - no just a Pont and Cas thing.

I understand people do not want to lose heritage and history, but then it's not going to attract people to invest in the area which would enable it to become a better place.

Are you kidding not going to attract investment in the area, open your eyes and look what has already been invested and is still being invested and is not cas building a new stadium etc have a look at the new college and the hundreds of new houses at whitwood need i go on,
Which is in GLASSHOUGHTON not Castleford.
And GLASSHOUGHTON is in castleford

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 28 Oct 2008, 21:26

i cant believe what im reading on this thread,castleford is my home and a place im proud to come from ive lived in various parts of the town from glebe st to the potteries,churchfield lane and now im settled in whitwood,only once in my life have i ever thought of leaving and that was to up sticks and go to perth but i couldnt bring myself to do it.

at the same time i wouldnt knock anybody for wanting to live elsewhere,im sure bishop burton is a wonderfull place but its not comparable to castleford as its a rural area with very little happening,i still dont think people appretiate what exscape and freeport have done for our town,ive pretty much travelled the world and the only place comparable ive seen is downtown disney or bal harbour in miami both of which are worldwide attractions.the reason exscape has over a million visitors a year is because not eveytown or even city has so many faciltys in one area.

has for the town itself although the town centre needs a revamp there is no doubt that the quality of housing in cas and ponte has improved no end nearly evey area has some modern homes which has given the people of cas somewhere better to live, for many of the older folk life in cas has never been so good while the younger generation dont remember when the town was on its knees in the 80s after a twelve month strike followed by all the pit closures maybe if they knew of the suffering then they wouldnt be so insulting on how far the town has come in the last 20 years.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Oct 2008, 21:32

braytontiger wrote:i cant believe what im reading on this thread,castleford is my home and a place im proud to come from ive lived in various parts of the town from glebe st to the potteries,churchfield lane and now im settled in whitwood,only once in my life have i ever thought of leaving and that was to up sticks and go to perth but i couldnt bring myself to do it.

at the same time i wouldnt knock anybody for wanting to live elsewhere,im sure bishop burton is a wonderfull place but its not comparable to castleford as its a rural area with very little happening,i still dont think people appretiate what exscape and freeport have done for our town,ive pretty much travelled the world and the only place comparable ive seen is downtown disney or bal harbour in miami both of which are worldwide attractions.the reason exscape has over a million visitors a year is because not eveytown or even city has so many faciltys in one area.

has for the town itself although the town centre needs a revamp there is no doubt that the quality of housing in cas and ponte has improved no end nearly evey area has some modern homes which has given the people of cas somewhere better to live, for many of the older folk life in cas has never been so good while the younger generation dont remember when the town was on its knees in the 80s after a twelve month strike followed by all the pit closures maybe if they knew of the suffering then they wouldnt be so insulting on how far the town has come in the last 20 years.
Well said brayton, straight from the heart :clap:

cutsyke tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cutsyke tiger » 28 Oct 2008, 23:52

braytontiger wrote:i cant believe what im reading on this thread,castleford is my home and a place im proud to come from ive lived in various parts of the town from glebe st to the potteries,churchfield lane and now im settled in whitwood,only once in my life have i ever thought of leaving and that was to up sticks and go to perth but i couldnt bring myself to do it.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 29 Oct 2008, 00:14

Nicely put Brayton :clap:

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 29 Oct 2008, 01:01

cutsyke tiger wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:...Just had a thought about our apparent great success, Xscape. It's full of bars and restuarants. An interesting way to show visitors you don't just eat and drink!

It does of courses have a ski slope that attracts folk from outside of the area but how many 'locals' use it?
Well if you want to use me as a yardstick i have 3 grandchildren that use it on a regular basis also my niece and her husband plus my grandkids have been to several parties so i guess more locals use it than you think
If I use you as a yardstick, YOU dont' appear to use it. ;)

Of course some locals use the ski slope but a lot more use the bars and eateries. Hence the problem for pubs in Cas town centre.

I still don't undertand why folk are getting so hung up about the comments of someone who didn't stay long and only reported what he will have seen. Why don't we let the town speak for itself?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

cutsyke tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cutsyke tiger » 29 Oct 2008, 01:25

Flat Capper wrote:
cutsyke tiger wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:...Just had a thought about our apparent great success, Xscape. It's full of bars and restuarants. An interesting way to show visitors you don't just eat and drink!

It does of courses have a ski slope that attracts folk from outside of the area but how many 'locals' use it?
Well if you want to use me as a yardstick i have 3 grandchildren that use it on a regular basis also my niece and her husband plus my grandkids have been to several parties so i guess more locals use it than you think
If I use you as a yardstick, YOU dont' appear to use it. ;)

Of course some locals use the ski slope but a lot more use the bars and eateries. Hence the problem for pubs in Cas town centre.

I still don't undertand why folk are getting so hung up about the comments of someone who didn't stay long and only reported what he will have seen. Why don't we let the town speak for itself?
I will rephrase it if you use my family as a yardstick is that better, :lol:

Dubai Cas Lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dubai Cas Lad » 29 Oct 2008, 05:26

just to put a point out there to how funny this link is now and go back to the original point lol.

when i used to help out in the loft when the redroom used to be for so called VIP's after id locked up in the glassroom. ian and is chums from bradford and a few from wakey used to be up their almost every other week. and he was always smashed off his face, thinking he was mightier than thow when really he stood out as the prat in the room and was told on a few occasions to pipe down.

his s*#t still stinks like the rest of us, dont know why everyones so bothered about what a second rate ozzie/ scot/cornish...what ever he is thinks of cas.

At the end of it all home is home to many people and I see why people see things that way. I love it here and even though cas is a million times different, I also love coming home too and always have a wicked time. ive an Iraqi friend here on exile, has a good job, good mates and a good life and he still cant wait until its safe to go home, why? Like I say homes home to some people I guess….just like it is to me and most people I know.

Cas has its good and points and bad points...just like this place does and every other place on the planet.

If you like living in a certain place you like living in a certain place, if you don’t you don’t. That’s about all their is too it really. When someone finds out what this massive discussion about my towns better than your town is all about let us know….it is making good reading though :)

BARMYARMYCAS
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BARMYARMYCAS » 29 Oct 2008, 20:22

Dubai Cas Lad wrote:just to put a point out there to how funny this link is now and go back to the original point lol.

when i used to help out in the loft when the redroom used to be for so called VIP's after id locked up in the glassroom. ian and is chums from bradford and a few from wakey used to be up their almost every other week. and he was always smashed off his face, thinking he was mightier than thow when really he stood out as the prat in the room and was told on a few occasions to pipe down.

his s*#t still stinks like the rest of us, dont know why everyones so bothered about what a second rate ozzie/ scot/cornish...what ever he is thinks of cas.

At the end of it all home is home to many people and I see why people see things that way. I love it here and even though cas is a million times different, I also love coming home too and always have a wicked time. ive an Iraqi friend here on exile, has a good job, good mates and a good life and he still cant wait until its safe to go home, why? Like I say homes home to some people I guess….just like it is to me and most people I know.

Cas has its good and points and bad points...just like this place does and every other place on the planet.

If you like living in a certain place you like living in a certain place, if you don’t you don’t. That’s about all their is too it really. When someone finds out what this massive discussion about my towns better than your town is all about let us know….it is making good reading though :)
Agree 100% :clap: home is home, dont like it .. lump it. Move away. For Ian to come out an say that i dont no whether hes brave or stupid, for however much he lived over here i bet he took everything that came is way an didnt complain, didnt complain he got an house or a wage from rugby but when he goes hes quick off the mark to run is mouth, i for one am glad he as left SL and hope he is to never return.

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 29 Oct 2008, 22:14

Dubai Cas Lad wrote:just to put a point out there to how funny this link is now and go back to the original point lol.

Just wondering, if someone was to walk up to you, get right in your face and say 'i hate Castleford', what would you do?

castigerowen
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigerowen » 29 Oct 2008, 22:36

answer would involve a 4 letter word before

**** off then !!!!!!!!

you fill the gaps ;)

BARMYARMYCAS
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BARMYARMYCAS » 30 Oct 2008, 03:24

Rich_1 wrote:

Just wondering, if someone was to walk up to you, get right in your face and say 'i hate Castleford', what would you do?
Headbutt the c**t and tell them to go to Fev.

Dubai Cas Lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dubai Cas Lad » 30 Oct 2008, 05:37

Rich_1 wrote:

isnt that the first thing you did to me in the castlefields the last time i was back before singing "if you hate leeds united have a gooo" :lol:

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 05 Nov 2008, 11:38

He got his clock cleaned in the fiji match :clap:

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 05 Nov 2008, 23:22

I'm a young un'(ish). Proud of where Im from and where I live because of the people. Ive lived in Selby, Bramley, Beeston and spent a lot of time in various towns in Manchester and all the time missed Cas, nobody in the other towns compared to the majority of honest decent folk in cas.

Crime rates in Ponte and Cas are lower than any of the other similar sized towns in Yorkshire. Go and compare the drug problems with some of the towns that are on the outskirts of leeds or closer to home, featherstone. Surprisingly theres quite a difference. You can check the crime figures on the Beat Crime Info on the West Yorkshire Police Website.

Where ever ya go there will be chavs, drinking and crime. Beleive it or not, Cas's problems are quite low compared to quite a lot of other places. Go to Headingley on a friday and saturday night, you'll see 1000's of completely legless students, urinating, throwing up and unconcious in the streets. Majority of these people dont come from Yorkshire. So stereotyping yorkshirites as beer swilling fatties is a bit harsh.

Theres a lot of things for youngsters to do in cas, I found things to do when I wasnt at school and it wasnt all that long ago. Theres the Air/Army Cadets, theres oodles of rugby clubs both male and female for kids to join, swimming baths (if you can swim around the floating poo :lol: ), cinema and bowling. Its just that most of the young just cant be a***d going.

As for cas town itself, it is quite dull and grey and not very pleasing to the eye. The precinct got a facelift but its still ugly and aweful. Looking at pictures of the Bus station back in the 60's and looking it now, there isnt any difference at all. Hopefull that will change with the new Train/Bus station (if it ever happens). So I can understand how people can say Cas is a dump. But its like most places, Leeds is dull, Hull is dull, Manchester is Dull but in bigger proportions. So what, Its the people that make the town.

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf