Alittle thing to take the heat off Goldy crap...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
pyeman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by pyeman » 03 Nov 2008, 22:08

Wicksy wrote:
Steadman_4_PM wrote:
BARMYARMYCAS wrote:i agree i would of liked 2 of kept im but its hard to get another 20 or close every season doubt he will even do it at quins.
He scored something like 35 trys in 2 seasons with Quins, not 20 a season but not far off. No reason why he can't do it again.
Add to that 20 trys for a team that finished bottom .
sherwin and goldy deserve alot of credit for those 20 tries though.

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 03 Nov 2008, 22:13

pyeman wrote:
Wicksy wrote:
Steadman_4_PM wrote:
BARMYARMYCAS wrote:i agree i would of liked 2 of kept im but its hard to get another 20 or close every season doubt he will even do it at quins.
He scored something like 35 trys in 2 seasons with Quins, not 20 a season but not far off. No reason why he can't do it again.
The whole team do but they still have to be scored .

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

pyeman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by pyeman » 03 Nov 2008, 22:19

Wicksy wrote:
pyeman wrote:
Wicksy wrote:
Steadman_4_PM wrote:
The whole team do but they still have to be scored .
The thing is though both goldy and shifty were both excellent at setting tries up all season (24 for shifty-3rd in the league, 14 for goldy-20th in the league)

Dubai Cas Lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dubai Cas Lad » 04 Nov 2008, 05:36

wasnt dorny the top try scorer for salford too?

i was gutted to see him leave too as he did score some quality tries and could go all the way on his own.

but most of them he was in the right place and dropped over the line, through gaps that some created near the line etc and id rather have a guy like chase who can create those situations for any one of our backs fall on or go through.

would of liked him still at the club like but id rather have a bit more creativity in the halves and a bit more strength and composer in defence if thats what chase will bring.

madtigerman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by madtigerman » 04 Nov 2008, 10:42

i think cas could finish in the bottom 2 if cas do not sign a really fullback ( not Stand off that can play fullback or winger that can player i full back) we did some who is 1st choice fullback. but we get a good full back around 8th in league for me.
LET CLAYTON GO FOR GOOD THIS TIME!!!!!!!!

TIGER FOR LIFE, NOT JUST SUPER LEAGUE

TDT
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TDT » 04 Nov 2008, 12:36

If we get a decent full back who is very good defensively, we will be a much better side than last year.

In most games last year we were playing with only ten players who could tackle. Goldy, Dorn and Sherwin are all very poor defensively and Donlan and Owen got found out because of their size. We were always better defensively when Lupton was playing and in my opinion he is the biggest loss to our squad. He could tackle, and was deceptively quick when chasing back.

Every team has one or at most two week defenders who they can hide in the line (lockyer is a good example for Aus), but we had to try and hide three in every game. There were times when we had McGoldrick and Dorn side by side and Sherwin and Owen side by side on the other side of the field. Other teams knew our weakness's and took advantage.

This year we have a better hooker, a stand off (Chase) who can tackle and hopefully we'll get a full back who can tackle. Apparantly the three second rowers we have signed can all bang a bit. Lets also not forget Korki who never bent his back all season.

A couple more quality players, a winger and a full back and maybe another prop and I think we will finish in the top 8.

TDT
My favourite colours are Black & Amber.

corsa
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @ianhenshaw1983

Post by corsa » 04 Nov 2008, 16:46

1. St Helens
2. Leeds
3. Wigan
4. Bradford
5. Hull FC
6. Warrington
7. Catalans
8. Wakefield
9. Huddesfield
10. Harlerquins
11. Castleford
12. Hull KR
13. Salford
14. Celtic

SUPER LEAGUE PREDICTIONS WINNER 2011

pyeman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by pyeman » 04 Nov 2008, 17:15

1 saints
2 leeds
3 wire
4 cats
5 hull
6 wigan
7 bradford
8 hudds
9 kr
10 cas
11 wakey
12 quins
13 salford
14 celtic

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 06 Nov 2008, 20:31

Lets get some bottle and set our standards high !

1. St Helens
2. Leeds
3. Wigan
4. Hull FC
5. Castleford
6. Warrington
7. Catalans
8. Bradford
9. Huddesfield
10. Harlerquins
11. Wakefield
12. Hull KR
13. Salford
14. Celtic

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 06 Nov 2008, 20:42

In my opinion if we are to get that top 7 or 8 then we will be battling with Huddersfield who will be a strong team next season and also were unlucky to get a top 6 finish this season.

pyeman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by pyeman » 06 Nov 2008, 21:14

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:In my opinion if we are to get that top 7 or 8 then we will be battling with Huddersfield who will be a strong team next season and also were unlucky to get a top 6 finish this season.

They have signed some excellent players, but iff carney cant saty of the sauce or they have to rely on moore or korki, then they are buggered.