What would you prefer?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mr. Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mr. Tiger » 04 Nov 2008, 21:29

ten wrote:
Mr. Tiger wrote:
borotiger wrote:Mathers is near to signing a new contract at wigan so can't see im coming or goldy going for that either.
If this is all true, which I don't really think it is and I think Goldy will be playing with us next year, then contracts mean nothing. Proven if Goldy was to go to Wigan. Remember the contract he signed earlier on in the year? Therefore, Mathers signing/already signed a new contract wouldn't stop him from coming to us.
mate the fact ryan has spoken with wigan (noble) is 100% fact the only thing now in dispute is whether cas will even entertain any official approach from wigan. like the supposed attempt to sign webb (myself included) didnt believe it but because it didn't happen no one believes it was a possibility.

i cant see cas letting ryan go, but believe me ryan has expressed an interest in going!!!

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 04 Nov 2008, 21:35

Mr. Tiger wrote:
ten wrote:
Mr. Tiger wrote:
borotiger wrote:Mathers is near to signing a new contract at wigan so can't see im coming or goldy going for that either.
If this is all true, which I don't really think it is and I think Goldy will be playing with us next year, then contracts mean nothing. Proven if Goldy was to go to Wigan. Remember the contract he signed earlier on in the year? Therefore, Mathers signing/already signed a new contract wouldn't stop him from coming to us.
mate the fact ryan has spoken with wigan (noble) is 100% fact the only thing now in dispute is whether cas will even entertain any official approach from wigan. like the supposed attempt to sign webb (myself included) didnt believe it but because it didn't happen no one believes it was a possibility.

i cant see cas letting ryan go, but believe me ryan has expressed an interest in going!!!
I don't think he would express an interest in going if there was no club interested in him. Therefore, I would like Wigan to make an offer for him and Cas get as much money as they possibly can out of this deal. However, if he were to stay - I wouldn't complain. I'm happy if he goes but only on the best terms for Cas....obviously.

Dubai Cas Lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dubai Cas Lad » 05 Nov 2008, 05:28

he is being paid a big wod of cash to fill in the gaps like everyone are saying and has we dont play him right on the field (centre) and never have, then if he goes then he goes. im not too fussed and would be interested to see who we could bring in his place has it would put us in a pretty comfy position to hand out a good del to anyone.

but like a few people have been saying. if he went to wigan i reckon noble would get the best out of him and we would see a different player in a proper position.

Castafariani4eva
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Castafariani4eva » 05 Nov 2008, 08:28

Dubai Cas Lad wrote:he is being paid a big wod of cash to fill in the gaps like everyone are saying and has we dont play him right on the field (centre) and never have, then if he goes then he goes. im not too fussed and would be interested to see who we could bring in his place has it would put us in a pretty comfy position to hand out a good del to anyone.

but like a few people have been saying. if he went to wigan i reckon noble would get the best out of him and we would see a different player in a proper position.
I honestly can't see the problem with him! No other player last season carried the ball forward like Goldy i don't think he underperformed at all!

An are you sure we'd be able to interest a player of his quality/experience?!

Maybe i'm missing something? I did see the few errors he made, just i witnessed so many more great creative kicks and passes and breaks and carries, he was THE most important player imo, and we really don't wanna let him go.

Money isn't always everything, i'd say it was far more important to hang onto the best players, than to risk weakening the side so much n perhaps not being able to persuade another experienced top quality player in.

Dunno just seems crazy so many are so keen to see him go, i really don't understand, i'm sure it wouldn't help us for next season.

If he did go (which i don't think he will now) i really hope you're right and it doesn't affect us!

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 05 Nov 2008, 09:38

Ryan is good in attack but very poor in defence, he takes a huge % of the wage bill too. I have no idea weather the wigan thing is true but if he is not with us he should go now.

Castafariani4eva
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Castafariani4eva » 05 Nov 2008, 10:13

Yeah perhaps not so good in defence but often that's the case with attacking players, he's better defensively than Brent Sherwin an he must take up at least as much of the wage bill.

If he is wanting to go then yeah he should go quick so we can get huntin for a player to replace him, (which i believe will be difficult), however if he's not wanting to leave there's nothing to criticise about him, he's such an important part of the Castleford team!

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 05 Nov 2008, 11:21

Castafariani4eva wrote:Yeah perhaps not so good in defence but often that's the case with attacking players, he's better defensively than Brent Sherwin an he must take up at least as much of the wage bill.

If he is wanting to go then yeah he should go quick so we can get huntin for a player to replace him, (which i believe will be difficult), however if he's not wanting to leave there's nothing to criticise about him, he's such an important part of the Castleford team!
You must be having a laugh ? - There is really nothing wrong with Brents defence, He got caught out once or twice last season when defending wide, But that was for a lack of pace, Not tackling ability but as it happens he takes up an awful lot more of the wage bill
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Castafariani4eva
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Castafariani4eva » 05 Nov 2008, 11:58

dettoriman wrote:
Castafariani4eva wrote:Yeah perhaps not so good in defence but often that's the case with attacking players, he's better defensively than Brent Sherwin an he must take up at least as much of the wage bill.

You must be having a laugh ? - There is really nothing wrong with Brents defence, He got caught out once or twice last season when defending wide, But that was for a lack of pace, Not tackling ability but as it happens he takes up an awful lot more of the wage bill

Nah not avin a laff man! He missed a lot more than one or two!!! Not that it's a problem, he's not a tackling kinda guy lol even less so than Mcgoldrick, they both make up for it in attack tho!

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 05 Nov 2008, 12:11

Castafariani4eva wrote:
dettoriman wrote:

Nah not avin a laff man! He missed a lot more than one or two!!! Not that it's a problem, he's not a tackling kinda guy lol even less so than Mcgoldrick, they both make up for it in attack tho!
Maybe its just Ryan's stand out more as almost every time they cost us points, Especially when he was playing FB
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 05 Nov 2008, 14:58

tallguyx wrote:Ryan is good in attack but very poor in defence, he takes a huge % of the wage bill too. I have no idea weather the wigan thing is true but if he is not with us he should go now.
That's why he should have a fixed position in the team. Whether it be at LF and this would give us a passing and creative LF and then maybe put Joe in the second row.

Dubai Cas Lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dubai Cas Lad » 06 Nov 2008, 05:18

ten wrote:
tallguyx wrote:Ryan is good in attack but very poor in defence, he takes a huge % of the wage bill too. I have no idea weather the wigan thing is true but if he is not with us he should go now.
That's why he should have a fixed position in the team. Whether it be at LF and this would give us a passing and creative LF and then maybe put Joe in the second row.
i agree with his attacking side has he is perfect for the go forward and his strong and fast running the ball in with great ability at passing the ball out wide (apart from his wild card passes that is) the problem for me at putting him in at loose forward is his defence...this is a key roll in defence and when joe plays at loose for us he's involved in nearly every tackle down the middle and usually the first man in from the ruck which is pretty vital i think.

if he can pick is defence up a bit more id be more than happy for him to be our regular 13...but i cant see it.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 06 Nov 2008, 12:09

I couldnt think of playing him at 13 personally, As were very strong in the back row, Which now allows Joe to play 13.

Ryan should play centre, Thats what he was brought over here to play, Its his best position and if we play an expansive game he will still see lots of the ball, There is nothing to stop him drifting in field when we attack to get involved in "THE MOVE" but he should play centre, The chances of that are probably slim to none though
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Riggins
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Riggins » 06 Nov 2008, 13:34

Nothing will be given away with squad numbers either as I'm sure he'll in in the 23 shirt again.

Its a tricky question really and I don't think its helped by Goldy playing good at different positions and bad in the same positions. I like his attacking quality at FB but felt safer with Donlan (wish he ws still here). Centre is a good position but then it takes away so of the broken play making things happen type roll. He also played well at 13 but I think we have better players now in the team that can play that role with Sione and Westy.

A I guess the good thing is that TM has the luxury of deciding where Goldy would be best suited against each team.

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 06 Nov 2008, 16:42

I'd love for Goldy to be centres as it will sort all this Goldy headache out. However, Matterson won't play Goldy at centre, I'm very confident of that. I wish he would mind you.

Jazzman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jazzman » 06 Nov 2008, 17:03

I'd really prefer a new coach

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 06 Nov 2008, 17:06

Jazzman wrote:I'd really prefer a new coach
I think we should give him a chance with this new squad first. After all, there can be no more excuses.

THE BUNGLER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by THE BUNGLER » 06 Nov 2008, 17:23

Jazzman wrote:I'd really prefer a new coach
Isn't TMs contract up at the end of the season anyway?

Personally I cant see him signing a new contract after the 2009 season.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 06 Nov 2008, 17:53

Like i keep saying put Goldy and Evans on one side and keep Owen and Shenton on the other - that way we have one side that has speed and the other side creative.