Discipline

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Discipline

Post by ten » 05 Nov 2008, 16:40

With all the new signings coming in and the team looking stronger, I hope to god that there is more discipline at the club. Does anyone truly believe that will be the case?

If discipline improves then that will definately help improve Cas' league position.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Discipline

Post by braytontiger » 05 Nov 2008, 17:42

ten wrote:With all the new signings coming in and the team looking stronger, I hope to god that there is more discipline at the club. Does anyone truly believe that will be the case?

If discipline improves then that will definately help improve Cas' league position.
didnt we finish up the table in the fair play league last year

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 05 Nov 2008, 17:46

braytontiger wrote:
ten wrote:With all the new signings coming in and the team looking stronger, I hope to god that there is more discipline at the club. Does anyone truly believe that will be the case?

didnt we finish up the table in the fair play league last year
I now realise I should have been more clear with regards to "discipline".

What I meant was discipline such as stopping the players from getting a bit merry at Xscape and demanding fitness etc.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 05 Nov 2008, 18:44

Erm, discipline off the field? No, no matter who plays for the club this comes from above and that won't change.
Disciple on the field? Maybe, this can be coached (good tackling technique/clearing the ruck). Although we finished okay in the fair play league, Cas gave away lots of penalties on the last two tackles, wasting the hard work in defence on the previous tackles. We also conceded many penalties in our own half, which resulted in defending a set with the defensive line on our own try line, rather than conceding the penalties in the opposition 20 where the line can be set on half-way and there is less likelehood of conceding.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 05 Nov 2008, 18:54

ten wrote:What I meant was discipline such as stopping the players from getting a bit merry at Xscape and demanding fitness etc.
I think this can be worked on, after all TM has put in a ban on Ponte and i should also think Xscape.

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 05 Nov 2008, 19:04

There should be a ban on Xscape etc through the season. As drinking effected many performances last year.

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 05 Nov 2008, 19:26

there is a drinking ban this year, all the players have spokento TM about it in a open discussion, they all agree they have to toe the line, as bans ,money loss etc will come into force,,,,the players know now where Cas are aiming aswell,if enyone isnt commited they can find themselfs a new employer,

Cas are aiming high, and the players are know beleaving,,,,

youll see,

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 05 Nov 2008, 19:40

monkeyface wrote:there is a drinking ban this year, all the players have spokento TM about it in a open discussion, they all agree they have to toe the line, as bans ,money loss etc will come into force,,,,the players know now where Cas are aiming aswell,if enyone isnt commited they can find themselfs a new employer,

youll see,
is this what you hope will happen or what actually is going to happen?

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 05 Nov 2008, 20:26

monkeyface wrote:there is a drinking ban this year, all the players have spokento TM about it in a open discussion, they all agree they have to toe the line, as bans ,money loss etc will come into force,,,,the players know now where Cas are aiming aswell,if enyone isnt commited they can find themselfs a new employer,

youll see,
I know, as i stated TM has put a ban on Ponte for all the playing season. After that they are free to do whatever they want, untill pre season (them who are there long enough)

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 05 Nov 2008, 22:08

Last season we were in no position to drop people due to lack of players. This season we've got a fair few more than last, giving a little bit of room to drop players for under-performing and also on/off the field discapline.

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 05 Nov 2008, 22:16

i think matterson knows that its make or break for him and his team,there are no more excuses on the playing front we have been on a leval playing field for the first time in 4-5 years and we after see an improvment this year in where we finish.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 05 Nov 2008, 22:18

braytontiger wrote:i think matterson knows that its make or break for him and his team,there are no more excuses on the playing front we have been on a leval playing field for the first time in 4-5 years and we after see an improvment this year in where we finish.
Don't want to put no early jinx on him or anything as i do actually like the guy but I reckon if the first 10 - 15 games don't go well then TM will be gone and an English coach of some kind will be bought in.

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 05 Nov 2008, 22:19

braytontiger wrote:i think matterson knows that its make or break for him and his team,there are no more excuses on the playing front we have been on a leval playing field for the first time in 4-5 years and we after see an improvment this year in where we finish.
An improvement I think we will see for sure. But an improvement would be 11th. However, if we were to stomp out drinking etc and get all the players fit (i.e. sherwin) then there would definately be a greater improvement made.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 05 Nov 2008, 22:33

ten wrote:
An improvement I think we will see for sure. But an improvement would be 11th. However, if we were to stomp out drinking etc and get all the players fit (i.e. sherwin) then there would definately be a greater improvement made.
i think we all after be realistic,i feel that top 6 is still a few years away but we should be aiming to be around or above the likes of wakefield,quins and hkr and definatly above salford and celtic,a good cup run is also overdue and we must cut out the heavy scorlines,if we can do that and play some entertaining rugby like the backend of last year and im sure most of us will be happy.

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 05 Nov 2008, 22:40

braytontiger wrote:
ten wrote:
i think we all after be realistic,i feel that top 6 is still a few years away but we should be aiming to be around or above the likes of wakefield,quins and hkr and definatly above salford and celtic,a good cup run is also overdue and we must cut out the heavy scorlines,if we can do that and play some entertaining rugby like the backend of last year and im sure most of us will be happy.
I believe Cas should aim to win the league, cause even if they don't then they'll finish 2nd or 3rd ;)

On a serious note, I think Cas will be able to finish 10th and maybe 9th. It will be hard as they will have to find consistency - something they lacked last year. However, now we have the numbers in our squad which will help us find the level we should be performing at. Echoing the previous comment, if we rule out the heavy scorelines and improve our defence then I think us Cas fans can look forward to a good season as we all know scoring tries won't be a problem for us.

Dubai Cas Lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dubai Cas Lad » 06 Nov 2008, 05:31

like you say its all about consistency...and with this season this is what we should be looking for. the team shouldnt be aiming for mid table, they should be aming for the top. i know that thats not exactly going to happen but you dont enter into a competition and think "mmm if we finish in the middle thats good enough". dont get me wrong id love to see us finish anywhere above 8th position, id be over the moon in fact for this season. but the club, players and all need to be going into the season believing they can win every game infront of them.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 06 Nov 2008, 13:59

As you say DCL., we should be aiming to win everygame but in reality that is unlikely.

As fans we should always belive our team can win but realise that major improvements are still some way off. After so many years of struggling to cope with top flight rugby the road to recovery is long and hard. Pot holes lie around every corner but we can overcome, it wil just take time.

I'd be happy with 10/11th just so long as we become consitantly competitive with no more heavy defeats.

Although the future may be little brighter, it's possibly on a 60w bulb rather than a 150w. ;)
Spreading the Cas gene pool

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 06 Nov 2008, 18:02

Whatever people say, Cas as a team and club should be aiming for anywhere higher than 8th. As a proffesional rugby club you need to set your standards high as im positive Huddersfield, Hull KR, Hull FC and Harlequins are going to do for next season. Cas are capable of anything, causing upsets on our day and beating big teams, i wouldn't expect TM to come out and aim for the top 3 but if he said 8th i would be satisfied, i would then expect them to play like a top team for once with top players.