Cas vs Super League

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigertrike
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigertrike » 09 Nov 2008, 14:26

tallguyx wrote:I couldnt agree more, I can't wait for the season to get going.This on paper is our best squad for a few years, a good blend of youth and experience.

A good pre season and i think we will shock a few next season :clap:
I seem to remember a lot of people saying this at the same time last year.. I hope its true this year.. :pray: :pray:
just because better people than you have tried and failed, it does'nt mean you shouldn't try...

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 09 Nov 2008, 15:12

tigertrike wrote:
tallguyx wrote:I couldnt agree more, I can't wait for the season to get going.This on paper is our best squad for a few years, a good blend of youth and experience.

I seem to remember a lot of people saying this at the same time last year.. I hope its true this year.. :pray: :pray:
Well i always think a good pre season is putting out a good team to get confidence and fitness. I know its a good run out for the kids but i would rather see new signings play to be honest. Come February everyone has played a game maybe tried a few positions and feel comofortable with the players next to them.

BARMYARMYCAS
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BARMYARMYCAS » 09 Nov 2008, 23:49

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
tigertrike wrote:

Well i always think a good pre season is putting out a good team to get confidence and fitness. I know its a good run out for the kids but i would rather see new signings play to be honest. Come February everyone has played a game maybe tried a few positions and feel comofortable with the players next to them.
i do agree we need our big guns out to get them comfortble playin with each other huge factor.

big-t
League One Player
League One Player

Post by big-t » 10 Nov 2008, 00:47

tigertrike wrote:

This time last year people were saying Cas wouldn't get a point all season :lol:

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 10 Nov 2008, 00:56

big-t wrote:
tigertrike wrote:

This time last year people were saying Cas wouldn't get a point all season :lol:
I said 10 points, we got 15 should of been 22 .

We have made improvements but we will have to see how we fair next season . My eye will be on the coaching side of things, no excuses this time .

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

big-t
League One Player
League One Player

Post by big-t » 10 Nov 2008, 01:00

Wicksy wrote:
big-t wrote:
tigertrike wrote:

I said 10 points, we got 15 should of been 22 .

We have made improvements but we will have to see how we fair next season . My eye will be on the coaching side of things, no excuses this time .
I've already predicted between 22-26 points for next season, they squad is there now, so I agree with you that it's down to the coaches now, no excuses this season.

BARMYARMYCAS
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BARMYARMYCAS » 10 Nov 2008, 02:16

I will go for 24 points winning 12 games

salford x2
celtic x2
wakey x2
hull kr x1
quins x1
huddersfield x1
hull fc (MM) x1
catalan x1
bradford x1

then try and get big scalps like leeds, wigan, saints

big-t
League One Player
League One Player

Post by big-t » 10 Nov 2008, 02:35

BARMYARMYCAS wrote:I will go for 24 points winning 12 games

salford x2
celtic x2
wakey x2
hull kr x1
quins x1
huddersfield x1
hull fc (MM) x1
catalan x1
bradford x1

then try and get big scalps like leeds, wigan, saints
I had:
Bradford (home)
Celtic (home)
Harlequins (home & away)
Huddersfield (home)
Hull KR (home)
Leeds (home)
Salford (home & away)
Wakefield (home & away)
Warrington (home & away...again)
Wigan (home)

for 28 points, Wigan at home might be a bit out there, Leeds at home usually ends up being a win, so I put that in there, Huddersfield seem to be a bit of a bogey side.

Dubai Cas Lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dubai Cas Lad » 10 Nov 2008, 05:28

unbeatable at home next season :D

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 10 Nov 2008, 09:32

Dubai Cas Lad wrote:unbeatable at home next season :D
That would be nice, but doubt it vey much.