Outcome of the RFL Match Review Panel

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 08 Apr 2009, 13:06

I doubt for one minute widders would do 80 mins in the centers.
It's a option that could be changed within the 80 mins.

He can break a tackle and as good turn of pace.

Nev
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nev » 08 Apr 2009, 13:20

Having read the disciplinary's wording, saying it was the 'lower end of reckless' I think 2 matches is harsh and definitely worth an appeal.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 08 Apr 2009, 13:28

They tell me McG is (very) appealing!

As for the cover, one thing I will say is that the problem has instigated one of the better discussions for a while on here.

I've not seen anything yet to change my mind though and I would stilll use Dixon at full back. IIRC, he played one or two games there in 2007?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 08 Apr 2009, 13:37

How the hell can ANY player think about his technique when he as 2 players around his waist and legs and another coming in at speed to tackle him head on.
Imo the only thing ryan is guilty of his not getting the hand off timing right.

I still think the RFL made an example out of him.

Bomber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bomber » 08 Apr 2009, 13:39

Surely now is the time for Owen to step up and show what he can do in his natural position.
This is what the franchise sysem is about, giving youth a chance to shine and he can only improve his game by playing and learning at the top level.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 08 Apr 2009, 13:54

Bomber wrote:Surely now is the time for Owen to step up and show what he can do in his natural position.
This is what the franchise sysem is about, giving youth a chance to shine and he can only improve his game by playing and learning at the top level.
But does he have to start against Wakey? ;)

GILLwarrior
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by GILLwarrior » 08 Apr 2009, 13:56

old cas lass wrote:How the hell can ANY player think about his technique when he as 2 players around his waist and legs and another coming in at speed to tackle him head on.

I was there and Ryan knew exactly what he was doing. Two minutes earlier he'd had the ball stolen from him in a one on one situation - and he was obviously wound up.
The raised arm was obvious and is worthy of a ban. There was also a Chris Feather throw in the 2nd half which was much worse, that seems to have gone un-noticed.

Stupid actions considering the two games coming up over the easter break.

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 08 Apr 2009, 14:20

GILLwarrior wrote:
old cas lass wrote:How the hell can ANY player think about his technique when he as 2 players around his waist and legs and another coming in at speed to tackle him head on.

I was there and Ryan knew exactly what he was doing. Two minutes earlier he'd had the ball stolen from him in a one on one situation - and he was obviously wound up.
The raised arm was obvious and is worthy of a ban. There was also a Chris Feather throw in the 2nd half which was much worse, that seems to have gone un-noticed.

totally agree!

Amy
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: AmyBecca88

Post by Amy » 08 Apr 2009, 14:21

braytontiger wrote:not two weeks ago he was given a warning letter for the samething and he backed it up with abusing a linesman,on sunday it didnt look much but it was deliberate attempt to use his arm and thankfully the keighley player wasnt injured,imo mcgoldrick has got what he deserved he was given the bennefit of the doubt against hull and didnt take the warning which is more fool him.
:clap: :clap:
~*~ Amy Loves Riley ~*~
CasForum's Happiest Couple
CasForum's Sexiest Female

The Happy Hooker
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Usually found between open side and blind side prop

Post by The Happy Hooker » 08 Apr 2009, 16:52

Nev wrote:Having read the disciplinary's wording, saying it was the 'lower end of reckless' I think 2 matches is harsh and definitely worth an appeal.
Luke Burgess has appealed against 1 match ban.....................suprise, suprise he has had the one match suspension lifted............................................................now let me think who does he play for for????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
We await his second coming, Chuck Hardisty MkII

"It does not require many words to speak the truth"...Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 08 Apr 2009, 17:11

The Happy Hooker wrote:
Nev wrote:Having read the disciplinary's wording, saying it was the 'lower end of reckless' I think 2 matches is harsh and definitely worth an appeal.
Luke Burgess has appealed against 1 match ban.....................suprise, suprise he has had the one match suspension lifted............................................................now let me think who does he play for for????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
and if goldy appealed he wouldn't get his ban lifted because he plays for cas, right? :roll: :shock:

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 08 Apr 2009, 17:31

The Happy Hooker wrote:
All i can think of it being lifted is because that was his first time at the disciplinary i believe. Although it was absolutely reckless, was suprised to see Clint Greenshields head high not punished either.

Its certainly not a case of it being because he plays for Leeds, we ought to count ourselves lucky, Hudson could of had a couple of games for 'man handling' the referee but didn't, also Mcgoldrick could of been banned sooner for the few times he's verball abused the ref/linesman .. so i disagree that its just because he plays for Leeds.

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 08 Apr 2009, 18:03

GILLwarrior wrote:

Yes Gill he knew wot he was doing, its a shame ,but hey lets get behind the boys even more,

Roll on friday,,,

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 08 Apr 2009, 22:19

Nothing yet about an appeal, looks like it has been decided to accept the punishment.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 09 Apr 2009, 00:06

having not seen any video evidence of the incident it's difficult to know the facts but as I see it, the following happened?

McG is already being held by two defenders when a third shapes to come in hard. McG then raises his arm to protect his head and is found guilty of taking the ball in with a raised elbow?

Pardon my ignorance but throughout my years of watching RL I've seen many a player raise his arm to protect himself and in particular his head.

Indeed, Graham Steadman did it as a matter of course and a work colleague of mine ( former Doncaster player and their game record points holder) Tony Zelei says he was taught to do it from an early age.

Therefore my question is, are you allowed to protect yourself?

If this is not the case and McG simply lead with the forearm then the punishment fits.

StokeFan
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StokeFan » 09 Apr 2009, 07:13

It was right in front of us, he lead with the forearm, simple as. Given his recent disciplinary track record a ban was inevitable.

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 09 Apr 2009, 08:43

Flat Capper wrote:having not seen any video evidence of the incident it's difficult to know the facts but as I see it, the following happened?

McG is already being held by two defenders when a third shapes to come in hard. McG then raises his arm to protect his head and is found guilty of taking the ball in with a raised elbow?

Pardon my ignorance but throughout my years of watching RL I've seen many a player raise his arm to protect himself and in particular his head.

Indeed, Graham Steadman did it as a matter of course and a work colleague of mine ( former Doncaster player and their game record points holder) Tony Zelei says he was taught to do it from an early age.

Therefore my question is, are you allowed to protect yourself?

If this is not the case and McG simply lead with the forearm then the punishment fits.
At the time it happened - I said that Ryan was lucky not to be sent off for it immediately. It did appear that he knew exactly what he was doing and it certainly looked deliberate. He was obviously wound up from being made to look silly by having had the ball stolen from him minutes earlier.

I also thought at the time when he was only penalised for it that he would hear more about it and a ban was likely.

Taking into account the fact that for the last few weeks Ryan has been called up before the disciplinary committee twice and had warnings - they have obviously taken the view that he hasn't heeded the warnings and so have decided a more severe punishment is necessary.

legionited
League One Player
League One Player

Post by legionited » 09 Apr 2009, 12:47

He ran straight at the guy who had pinched the ball, leading with the forearm. Whether he was being tackled or otherwise is irrelevant to me, he knew exactly what he was doing and the intent was there.

I find it hard to believe some Cas fans are trying to defend his actions, if this had been last season and Korkidas had done it, then there would have been outrage on here and nobody would have defended him.

Goldy is a likeable character and has been one of our best players, but come on, let's take the blinkers off. He's been punished appropriately for a very stupid reaction.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 09 Apr 2009, 12:53

It's not that long ago that players like nick fozzard and barry mcdermott use to wear thick padding on there forearm.
They use to always lead with it into opponants face/head.

Ryan mcgoldrick did NOT lead with the elbow, he raised his arm to fend off the on coming keighley player who was running in very fast.
It look worse because the inpact on mcgoldrick forced the keighley player to bounce off pretty fearsly, he got straight up with no hesitation at all.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 09 Apr 2009, 13:02

It looks like I'll have to try and see the video evidence to finally make my mind up but if he led with the forearm, then I'm disappointed.

I will say though that it is difficult to lead with the forearm if you already have tacklers around you. Surely to lead the action needs to be the first one undertaken and if he's already being tackled other actions will have taken place.

I've no doubt he raised his arm so that it contacted with the opponents head but that's not the same as leading with it.

Either way he clearly needs to work on his technique, if only to avoid further appearences at Red Hall.