wembley 1969 Brochure

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

wembley 1969 Brochure

Post by Flat Capper » 31 Jan 2012, 01:59

I have been fortunate to receive what appears to be a orignal copy of an apparent souvenier brochure of our 1969 wembly triumph.

Whislt the pictures and stories of this great day are fascinating what amazes me are the business that advertised in the booklet and which were very familiar to me as a child in the 70/80's. Names like Simpson's car dealers, Allinson's flour Mill, Leslie Sykes frying fats, Wallace Arnold's and South Yorkshire Motors, Eric Wiley's and most noticeable - Asda Queen's amongst many others.

the stangest advert is one for British coal which makes a claim of 100 years of Yorkshire coal!

I have no idea how rare this booklet now is but it brings a smile to my face when I read it.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Glassblower
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: wembley 1969 Brochure

Post by Glassblower » 31 Jan 2012, 22:02

Flat Capper wrote:I have been fortunate to receive what appears to be a orignal copy of an apparent souvenier brochure of our 1969 wembly triumph.

Whislt the pictures and stories of this great day are fascinating what amazes me are the business that advertised in the booklet and which were very familiar to me as a child in the 70/80's. Names like Simpson's car dealers, Allinson's flour Mill, Leslie Sykes frying fats, Wallace Arnold's and South Yorkshire Motors, Eric Wiley's and most noticeable - Asda Queen's amongst many others.

the stangest advert is one for British coal which makes a claim of 100 years of Yorkshire coal!

I have no idea how rare this booklet now is but it brings a smile to my face when I read it.
Thanks FC, it is really good to read those names again. At least one or two are still around mate.
get'em'on side referee

Kolakubez07

Re: wembley 1969 Brochure

Post by Kolakubez07 » 24 May 2018, 21:31

Leslie sykes is my grandpa