Message about Stadium Public Consultation events

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
StanB

Re: Message about Stadium Public Consultation events

Post by StanB » 05 Apr 2014, 12:43

I'm all for progress, but not where it is thinking about going? After looking at the plans it will be a total nightmare for traffic, especially at the weekend, bank hols or when Ponte Races are on. I have to queue to get off the motorway now and there is a lot less infrastructure now. Two more supermarkets a, huge housing development and a new massive retail park is going to be unthinkable. If it is to be Glasshoughton, put it where they actually got planning consent in the first place?

mystery
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by mystery » 05 Apr 2014, 12:48

Because that land doesn't belong to the Developers! Waystone probably wouldn't sell anyway, I live in Glasshoughton and think it's a great idea, even though I love the atmosphere at Wheldon Road, still keep thinking about what it was like after the Wigan game, would love it to be the same next Friday.

StanB

Post by StanB » 05 Apr 2014, 13:02

I live in Glasshoughton too, so I have a right to a good moan! My house is one of those that will be used as an overflow car park and who will have to suffer the noise and blocked traffic. I will not benefit from a lovely country park as I will have all the rubbish end to look forward to. Forgive me for not being a happy bunny that a rugby ground which is extremely noisy being dumped in my back garden! Also the value of my property in going to fall thousands of pounds and when we asked about compensation got no answer at all. So it will be a NO from me.

hard team to follow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by hard team to follow » 05 Apr 2014, 13:11

StanB wrote:I live in Glasshoughton too, so I have a right to a good moan! My house is one of those that will be used as an overflow car park and who will have to suffer the noise and blocked traffic. I will not benefit from a lovely country park as I will have all the rubbish end to look forward to. Forgive me for not being a happy bunny that a rugby ground which is extremely noisy being dumped in my back garden! Also the value of my property in going to fall thousands of pounds and when we asked about compensation got no answer at all. So it will be a NO from me.
So really you just come on here to moan nothing really to do with Castleford Tigers at all why bother come on here.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 05 Apr 2014, 13:13

StanB wrote:I live in Glasshoughton too, so I have a right to a good moan! My house is one of those that will be used as an overflow car park and who will have to suffer the noise and blocked traffic. I will not benefit from a lovely country park as I will have all the rubbish end to look forward to. Forgive me for not being a happy bunny that a rugby ground which is extremely noisy being dumped in my back garden! Also the value of my property in going to fall thousands of pounds and when we asked about compensation got no answer at all. So it will be a NO from me.
it would be worth you going to the presentation & putting your fears to the team who may be able to put your mind at rest.

StanB

Post by StanB » 05 Apr 2014, 13:16

So the new stadium is nothing to do with Cas Tigers? I have lived in Castleford all my life and am proud of Castleford Rugby team. Just consider the people who live here too. Plenty of other places to build on non green belt land and away from traffic, traffic that will effect everyone round Castleford and Pontefract.

StanB

Post by StanB » 05 Apr 2014, 13:18

I have been to the meetings and have put my views forward and found they weren't really bothered what I was worried about.

Year of the Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Year of the Tiger » 06 Apr 2014, 11:50

couldn't make Thursday but I went on Friday, as a resident I did have some concerns. But now I can only see the development as a plus for the town. My son bought a house at the rear Of Xscape before it was built. The house rocketed in value once Xscape was built.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 06 Apr 2014, 12:02

StanB wrote:I have been to the meetings and have put my views forward and found they weren't really bothered what I was worried about.
do you mean they weren't interested or did they put your mind at rest?

Scott R. Resolve PA

Post by Scott R. Resolve PA » 06 Apr 2014, 21:09

Evening

Thanks to all who have attended the exhibitions so far. Just a reminder that we have another event tomorrow afternoon (12.30pm to 5pm) in St Giles Church in Pontefract. Please do come along if you've not yet had the opportunity to.

For those unable to attend, the website is now live - http://www.castlefordyoursay.co.uk. There is a feedback form on the website, so please let us know what you think of the proposals.

Many thanks

Scott

chodbin
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chodbin » 07 Apr 2014, 21:44

StanB, will the rugby ground be as noisy (aprox 15 times a year for 80 mins at at time) as the M62 (24/7, 365 days of the year) from your house?
I'm presuming you live on Stainburn Avenue?

Why do you assume they will park on your street when the whole complex will have free parking?

Do you have the problem now with people using your street for xscape/Freeport?

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 07 Apr 2014, 22:54

StanB is a NIMBY
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 08 Apr 2014, 06:17

What's a nimby.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 08 Apr 2014, 08:15

old cas lass wrote:What's a nimby.
Not in my back yard
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

TheUndertaker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TheUndertaker » 25 Apr 2014, 18:08

HuddsTigers wrote:
Not in my back yard
Who's back yard?

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @nogis

Post by Sigon » 25 Apr 2014, 19:15

TheUndertaker wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Not in my back yard
Who's back yard?
My's
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

caslad69
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by caslad69 » 17 Jun 2014, 06:28

Does anyone know when the developers are going to apply for planning permission

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 17 Jun 2014, 15:36

Was told at the ground when I went to view the plans that they were hoping for july.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 Jun 2014, 10:19

Do the club and council have it in writing that it's the ground first then the rest can be built? Is it watertight?
I don't want us to fall into the Newmarket category. Without the Cas fans this would struggle to get off the ground like Newmarket but they cooked the books and look what happened.
If this doesn't take place we'll have lost time when we could have been upgrading WR.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Jun 2014, 10:31

A Director told me that this was the case on Tuesday.
On the point about doing up WR, I would be surprised if we can afford to do much.