Message about Stadium Public Consultation events

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Scott R. Resolve PA

Message about Stadium Public Consultation events

Post by Scott R. Resolve PA » 28 Mar 2014, 23:04

Hello all

I'm Scott and I’m working with Lateral who are the developers on the stadium project. You may have already seen that we are holding the public consultation events next week.

To confirm, the exhibitions will be open as follows:

• Friday 4th April - 3pm to 7.30pm at Glasshoughton Centre, Leeds Road, Glasshoughton,WF10 4PF
• Saturday 5th April - 10am to 3pm at the Five Towns Centre, Welbeck Street, Castleford, WF10 1DP
• Monday 7th April - 12.30pm to 5pm at St Giles Church, Market Place, Pontefract, WF8 1AT

These events are open to all. We really hope that you are all able to come along and see the proposals for yourselves.

Regards

Scott

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Message about Stadium Public Consultation events

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Mar 2014, 23:35

Can we also have them down at the club one night too, please?

Possibly 7:30-9:30pm with the bar open?

Just thinking of all the people who have to work who can't make it down during these times
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 29 Mar 2014, 00:16

Can some or all of the info be put online ? for those that can't get to any of the dates?
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 29 Mar 2014, 00:55

HuddsTigers wrote:Can we also have them down at the club one night too, please?

Possibly 7:30-9:30pm with the bar open?

Just thinking of all the people who have to work who can't make it down during these times

great idea hudds :clap: and thanks for keeping us up to date scott :clap:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: ...waiting at the gates to the promised land, that being Glasshoughton.....well near to there now.

Post by cvtiger » 29 Mar 2014, 07:49

alcasfan wrote:Can some or all of the info be put online ? for those that can't get to any of the dates?
And for some of us who live away from Cas too. If something was available on a match day I'd be keen to pop in and take a look.
Keep them updates coming.
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

Scott R. Resolve PA

Post by Scott R. Resolve PA » 29 Mar 2014, 09:10

Thanks for your questions.

We are very keen to enable as many people as possible to get involved, so yes it is our intention to hold events at the club and to have information available on matchdays. We'll let people know about these in due course.

A website with a comment form will also be launched when the consultation starts.

Regards

Scott

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 29 Mar 2014, 09:19

great stuff Scott, we look forward to seeing the proposals & pray this happens.

papa
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by papa » 29 Mar 2014, 09:47

Thanks Scott
If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?

vinniedog
League One Player
League One Player

Post by vinniedog » 29 Mar 2014, 10:55

Scott R. Resolve PA wrote:Thanks for your questions.

We are very keen to enable as many people as possible to get involved, so yes it is our intention to hold events at the club and to have information available on matchdays. We'll let people know about these in due course.

A website with a comment form will also be launched when the consultation starts.

Regards

Scott

Get ready for the bitters from over Heath common bombarding it with negativity

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 29 Mar 2014, 13:08

vinniedog wrote:
Scott R. Resolve PA wrote:Thanks for your questions.

Regards

Scott

Get ready for the bitters from over Heath common bombarding it with negativity

:lol: :lol: :lol:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 29 Mar 2014, 13:54

hope if this comes of we get bars like the ones at the hive, proper bars with floor coverings and tvs, not the usual wharehouse type places we have to stand in for a pint or three.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 29 Mar 2014, 18:24

His it possible for a mod to pin this page to the top so it doesn't get missed by anyone.

StanB

Post by StanB » 05 Apr 2014, 11:19

Is there and alternative if the Stadium is refused planning. There is a lot of people would like to see it kept down the lane? Could you not rebuild there and bring some much needed business back to Castleford town? I for one would like it to be kept in Castleford. We are Castleford Tigers not Glasshoughton Tigers!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 05 Apr 2014, 11:26

StanB wrote:Is there and alternative if the Stadium is refused planning. There is a lot of people would like to see it kept down the lane? Could you not rebuild there and bring some much needed business back to Castleford town? I for one would like it to be kept in Castleford. We are Castleford Tigers not Glasshoughton Tigers!
Cas need to move with the times.

A ground down Wheldon Road is NOT a possibility.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

hard team to follow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by hard team to follow » 05 Apr 2014, 11:36

StanB wrote:Is there and alternative if the Stadium is refused planning. There is a lot of people would like to see it kept down the lane? Could you not rebuild there and bring some much needed business back to Castleford town? I for one would like it to be kept in Castleford. We are Castleford Tigers not Glasshoughton Tigers!
get a grip and come in to the real world where not moving towns Glasshoughton is in Castleford I should know I live there. There are more people in that area than there is at Wheldon road area.

StanB

Post by StanB » 05 Apr 2014, 12:43

I'm all for progress, but not where it is thinking about going? After looking at the plans it will be a total nightmare for traffic, especially at the weekend, bank hols or when Ponte Races are on. I have to queue to get off the motorway now and there is a lot less infrastructure now. Two more supermarkets a, huge housing development and a new massive retail park is going to be unthinkable. If it is to be Glasshoughton, put it where they actually got planning consent in the first place?

mystery
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by mystery » 05 Apr 2014, 12:48

Because that land doesn't belong to the Developers! Waystone probably wouldn't sell anyway, I live in Glasshoughton and think it's a great idea, even though I love the atmosphere at Wheldon Road, still keep thinking about what it was like after the Wigan game, would love it to be the same next Friday.

StanB

Post by StanB » 05 Apr 2014, 13:02

I live in Glasshoughton too, so I have a right to a good moan! My house is one of those that will be used as an overflow car park and who will have to suffer the noise and blocked traffic. I will not benefit from a lovely country park as I will have all the rubbish end to look forward to. Forgive me for not being a happy bunny that a rugby ground which is extremely noisy being dumped in my back garden! Also the value of my property in going to fall thousands of pounds and when we asked about compensation got no answer at all. So it will be a NO from me.

hard team to follow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by hard team to follow » 05 Apr 2014, 13:11

StanB wrote:I live in Glasshoughton too, so I have a right to a good moan! My house is one of those that will be used as an overflow car park and who will have to suffer the noise and blocked traffic. I will not benefit from a lovely country park as I will have all the rubbish end to look forward to. Forgive me for not being a happy bunny that a rugby ground which is extremely noisy being dumped in my back garden! Also the value of my property in going to fall thousands of pounds and when we asked about compensation got no answer at all. So it will be a NO from me.
So really you just come on here to moan nothing really to do with Castleford Tigers at all why bother come on here.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 05 Apr 2014, 13:13

StanB wrote:I live in Glasshoughton too, so I have a right to a good moan! My house is one of those that will be used as an overflow car park and who will have to suffer the noise and blocked traffic. I will not benefit from a lovely country park as I will have all the rubbish end to look forward to. Forgive me for not being a happy bunny that a rugby ground which is extremely noisy being dumped in my back garden! Also the value of my property in going to fall thousands of pounds and when we asked about compensation got no answer at all. So it will be a NO from me.
it would be worth you going to the presentation & putting your fears to the team who may be able to put your mind at rest.