So-At what point are we taken serious?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: So-At what point are we taken serious?

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 13 Mar 2017, 17:25

Agree with Hudds to a point. Hill Ratchford Currie make them harder to beat. However we ripped them apart with all those playing at Magic weekend last year and also should have won at wire in the 8s with Sandow added. Shows they are a waning force and Powell has the measure of Smith.
Leeds are poor. No quality in the halves. Poor coach/player relations. Another dynasty coming to an end. But we pumelled them.
There can be no question that we have the best attack both statistically and aesthetically. No better side to watch in full flow. How will the very top sides counter act us? What gameplan will Wane, Radford, Frayssinous etc adopt to handle the pace and variety we throw at teams? Can't wait to see...

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Mar 2017, 18:52

sparky49 wrote: Leeds only had Ablett back for the Catalans game and destroyed them so this doesn't really support your theory and don't forget what we did to them last season with some of them playing and our long injury list.
Maybe so but I also don't think Leeds are really as bad as that scoreline suggests with their first teamers.

Again if you take the game last year, they were missing:

Briscoe, Moon, Hall, Galloway, Falloon, Ablett, Ward, Delaney and Singleton. So again, a decimated team.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Mar 2017, 20:47

sparky49 wrote:Leeds were missing Galloway, JJB, Ablett, Ward, Ferres, Garbutt, who would have put up a better fight in the middle of the park.

Catalan have a big pack who will front up to us so that's why I feel they are a test. And before they drew against Widnes they were doing really well in the league both home and away.

Leeds only had Ablett back for the Catalans game and destroyed them so this doesn't really support your theory and don't forget what we did to them last season with some of them playing and our long injury list.
What about Rob Burrow and Tom Briscoe?

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 13 Mar 2017, 21:24

We'll will be taken seriously when we finally win something in the SL era. It's been a long wait since '94 and we are on the verge of winning something IMO.

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 13 Mar 2017, 22:45

I don't think I'll ever have the swagger of a Wigan/ Wire/ saints / Leeds fan but I've got to say I'm quietly optimistic this year, next step to been taken more serious let's say is our visit to the sales sharks stadium..... wonder if there will be any x players watching :lol:
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Mar 2017, 09:13

When were crouched behind that board at old trafford fireworks are starting to go off and everyone starting to jump around like loonies
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 14 Mar 2017, 16:43

Bookies taking us seriously. Grand Final, Wigan 2-1, Us 9-4.
1-8 for top 4

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Mar 2017, 17:03

cogito ergo sum wrote:Bookies taking us seriously. Grand Final, Wigan 2-1, Us 9-4.
1-8 for top 4
Some of bets on offer before season started like 4-1 top four finish and 200-1 minikin top try scoret look amazing value now ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 14 Mar 2017, 17:43

Think it's already happened.
The pundits ,the bookies,opposition coaches and fans .
The Guardian and I newspapers.
Our attack ,defence , our creativity our fans.
Stating the obvious we can only play what is in front of us and boy we have done that and some!
Who's to say we have played our best rugby yet.
What ever the rest of the season holds and l am sure we are in for more thrills
I have never been happier to be a Cas fan

yorktiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorktiger » 14 Mar 2017, 19:20

As has been said before...

We get a better idea after we've played Wigan, Hull, Saints and co...

We are a better team than Widnes were, but this time last year they were well clear at the top. We can only beat who's put in front of us, but we haven't played the best yet.
:I think this boy has the look of Barney Rubble about him...'

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 14 Mar 2017, 20:06

yorktiger wrote:As has been said before...

We get a better idea after we've played Wigan, Hull, Saints and co...

We are a better team than Widnes were, but this time last year they were well clear at the top. We can only beat who's put in front of us, but we haven't played the best yet.
Think you can knock saints off that list this year their only win this year was a 2 point win against Leeds first day of the season.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 Mar 2017, 21:05

yorktiger wrote:we haven't played the best yet.
But we cannot play ourselves!!!

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 14 Mar 2017, 21:16

I suppose as each game passes we'll get more or less convinced we are the real deal.
As some have said, feet on the ground, and take things a game at a time ! Under the radar you can safely say we are not.

Can we handle been one of the teams to beat.

We're going to find out.

Salford here we come !

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 15 Mar 2017, 01:20

Fumper27 wrote:
yorktiger wrote:we haven't played the best yet.
But we cannot play ourselves!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 15 Mar 2017, 06:59

As said, We're definitely been taken serious,absolutely everyone is talking about us, and we're mega short to win honours this year.

Each week is our biggest test, Salford are much tougher than Widnes, We need to go and beat them, if not the momentum stops and that won't be easy.

Catalans will be a big physical test, And then its Wigan. We'll have a better idea for sure after that game. We need to remain 100% record for me, As Wigan will keep getting stronger throughout the season.

I still fancy Hull to be a major force this season also, So right now, We need to be beating everyone, and hoping they and Wigan drop points. Try and put a gap between us and 5th, But ideally us and 3rd. We've still not had to play anyone in peak form yet, and still haven't had to dig awfully deep to win a game. These times will come and it's how we deal with them.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 15 Mar 2017, 07:17

dettoriman wrote:As said, We're definitely been taken serious,absolutely everyone is talking about us, and we're mega short to win honours this year.

Each week is our biggest test, Salford are much tougher than Widnes, We need to go and beat them, if not the momentum stops and that won't be easy.

Catalans will be a big physical test, And then its Wigan. We'll have a better idea for sure after that game. We need to remain 100% record for me, As Wigan will keep getting stronger throughout the season.

I still fancy Hull to be a major force this season also, So right now, We need to be beating everyone, and hoping they and Wigan drop points. Try and put a gap between us and 5th, But ideally us and 3rd. We've still not had to play anyone in peak form yet, and still haven't had to dig awfully deep to win a game. These times will come and it's how we deal with them.
Huddersfield in between Catalan and Wigan. Cant get sloppy on the games we think should be easier.

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 20 Mar 2017, 09:48

May be we can all settle down no after that 1 point defeat!

Yes we were poor for most parts of the game but we still could have knicked it at the end. I think Salford played the conditions better than us and there game plan suited the conditions too.

DP summed it up for me when he mentioned that we probably played too safe for the conditions.

I still firmly think we should be taken seriously as a top four side and go from there.

Has someone has said, back on the horse Sunday!

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 20 Mar 2017, 16:44

At the end of April if we have still only lost one match.

Wigan home and away, Hull away, St Helens away, Wakefield home in April. We could lose 4 of them!!

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 20 Mar 2017, 16:45

When we can close tight games out when we are in winning positions. The top sides aren't going to let us play our flamboyent style so in the big games as the season progresses we are going to have to adapt and find other ways to win.When we show we can do this people will believe we are the real deal.

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 20 Mar 2017, 17:12

One concern of mine yesterday was that we seemed to lack a cool head on the pitch. It was always going to be a game of chess. Granted we were disrupted by the injury situation but we still had shenny n mr bossy on the pitch.

At the same time , I would take where we are now with two home games to come.

Still feel we'll be in the top four.