Backbone!

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Backbone!

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Apr 2017, 21:16

We got to stop with the i cant believe were doing what were doing mentality hardaker shenton gale mcshane mkmeeken moors roberts could all feature in the international coming up minikin is one of the best prospects ive seen for some time weve got the best coach ..if we get beat by wigan or anybody else we get beat im just enjoying ever minute and think theres better to come in the years ahead
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 02 Apr 2017, 21:44

The only thing we miss is a really tough mentality in my mind at most times in a game we just seem to clock off and that brings us problems so far our attacking play has won over these but for most of our games I think we have been brilliant however I have walked away thinking we wasted a hat full of chances and we clocked off for 20mins there and let in some soft try's hopefully we can build and just be tougher for the FULL 80 in defense and just try kerb our attack a tiny bit when we don't need to over play and just try pick the perfect moments. What a great place to be in to be able to moan about something like this after years of a team who played dumb footy and were soft time after time and shipping points for fun shows just how far we have come.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 03 Apr 2017, 15:09

popsytiger wrote:
mdean wrote:
If we get turned over and can't get our game away because we are managed, bullied or whatever our of it, that is different.
This is my concern, our forwards can match any other team when it comes to pace, skill, passing, offloads etc just hope we won't be missing on sheer Aggression and power when up against rough house tactics some teams will try to throw at us..Hopefully we'll prove we've got the lot in the Grand Final !
clubb and j Tompkins looked anything like against whino's. both seemed to be bottling it without other big boys for support.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 03 Apr 2017, 16:21

Power we have in abundance,Webster,Minikin ,Roberts,Springer,Milner. To name but a few.
Pace ,flair,even wizardry.
Never sure how people interpret aggression but the don't take a backward step.
Yes we have the backbone we just do it differently than other teams.
We can strike from all over the park oh am so loving this season

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 06 Apr 2017, 23:01

popsytiger wrote:We all know and have seen that our team can play exciting, exhuberant and free scoring rugby, but has anyone any concerns about how we will react in a high stakes game against a team which is fired up and will play with a high intensity for the full 80?

Thinking ahead to this weeks game at Wigan, we all know that Wane will have them fired up and ready to play with his bully boy tactics and i'm just wandering how we'll react/cope.

Looking at most of our previous games:- Leigh, Warrington, Widnes, Salford, Catalans and Huddersfield... during the first 15 minutes or so (possibly the most intense periods of a game) we seem to have struggled to score points and have in the last couple of games found ourselves trailing before usually hitting a purple patch when our subs are introduced.

Wigan seem to be able to hold that intensity for the full 80 ..As last season when winning the grand final even tho for most of the season they struggled with their attack. Do we feel we have the team to match that in a pressure situation and do we have the forwards with enough Aggression to fight fire with fire?

Sorry for a long winded post but just wondered if anyone shared my concern?
We have bloody strong back bone

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 06 Apr 2017, 23:06

TT Tiger wrote:
popsytiger wrote:We all know and have seen that our team can play exciting, exhuberant and free scoring rugby, but has anyone any concerns about how we will react in a high stakes game against a team which is fired up and will play with a high intensity for the full 80?

Thinking ahead to this weeks game at Wigan, we all know that Wane will have them fired up and ready to play with his bully boy tactics and i'm just wandering how we'll react/cope.

Looking at most of our previous games:- Leigh, Warrington, Widnes, Salford, Catalans and Huddersfield... during the first 15 minutes or so (possibly the most intense periods of a game) we seem to have struggled to score points and have in the last couple of games found ourselves trailing before usually hitting a purple patch when our subs are introduced.

Wigan seem to be able to hold that intensity for the full 80 ..As last season when winning the grand final even tho for most of the season they struggled with their attack. Do we feel we have the team to match that in a pressure situation and do we have the forwards with enough Aggression to fight fire with fire?

Sorry for a long winded post but just wondered if anyone shared my concern?
We have bloody strong back bone

Not sure shenton would agree right now ! :D
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 24 Apr 2017, 20:22

Well having been shaky now for a number of weeks , even when we have won, the next game against Wigan is the time to find out if this current side as some backbone or not.
Since the early rounds of the season we continually want to move the ball wide without doing the hard work up the middle first, we got away with it against the lesser /injury hit outfits but the tide as turned and it's about time the forwards started doing some of the dirty work.
Time for the pack to stand up and be counted.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 24 Apr 2017, 23:38

Sharlotiger wrote:Well having been shaky now for a number of weeks , even when we have won, the next game against Wigan is the time to find out if this current side as some backbone or not.
Since the early rounds of the season we continually want to move the ball wide without doing the hard work up the middle first, we got away with it against the lesser /injury hit outfits but the tide as turned and it's about time the forwards started doing some of the dirty work.
Time for the pack to stand up and be counted.
Spot on. They will play old fashioned rugby league for the first 20 and see if we have the stomach to match them.

To beat Wigan any side has to fight fire with fire and be as relentless as them. They are still the benchmark in SL for me and this game will say a lot about us.

We need more grit and mongrel. Relying on Junior too much.

It's my/our wedding anniversary on Saturday...... negotiations still underway..... [-(

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 25 Apr 2017, 10:00

If we play out game we can win. Beating them at their game is hard and ugly to watch. I'll take a win any way we can get it and then the Cas train keeps rumbling on.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Apr 2017, 10:19

Leuluai out with a broken jaw. Looks like an untried half combination for them - either Sam Powell or O'Loughlin.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 25 Apr 2017, 10:29

I think for certain matches like this we should start with the big guns on the pitch and matchup to wigan physically and with intensity.not much point having a great bench if we are 18-0 down when they come on.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Apr 2017, 10:35

Bramley Tiger wrote:I think for certain matches like this we should start with the big guns on the pitch and matchup to wigan physically and with intensity.not much point having a great bench if we are 18-0 down when they come on.
We would have won the hull game if we'd have kicked our goals.
So being 18 0 down wasn't a point, we got back into it....tbh I'd rather it be us 18 0 up but it wasn't.
After watching the hull highlights it make my blood boil we missed kicks that gale would have got blind folded.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 25 Apr 2017, 11:04

true 2 of those kicks should have been slotted over.i just don't see us coming back against a side like wigan if we start so poorly.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 25 Apr 2017, 12:42

old cas lass wrote:
Bramley Tiger wrote:I think for certain matches like this we should start with the big guns on the pitch and matchup to wigan physically and with intensity.not much point having a great bench if we are 18-0 down when they come on.
So being 18 0 down wasn't a point, we got back into it....tbh I'd rather it be us 18 0 up but it wasn't.
After watching the hull highlights it make my blood boil we missed kicks that gale would have got blind folded.
There was only the last one out wide. If Gale was kicking he would have kicked all 5 im sure

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 25 Apr 2017, 12:43

fords wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
There was only the last one out wide. If Gale was kicking he would have kicked all 5 im sure
Having said that we should have still kicked the 3 we missed hardly difficult ones

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 25 Apr 2017, 17:23

Normy-Tiger wrote:Real tough one this. Just glad even if we lose we still stay above them.
No we will not. If we lose, Leeds win, and Hull win we will be down to 4th.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Apr 2017, 17:40

stuey wrote:
Normy-Tiger wrote:Real tough one this. Just glad even if we lose we still stay above them.
He posted that at the beginning of April when we played them the first time. ;)
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 25 Apr 2017, 21:55

HuddsTigers wrote:
stuey wrote:
He posted that at the beginning of April when we played them the first time. ;)
:D Hudds Tiger always on the ball.

I will give it another go now.

Real tough one this. Lose and we could drop to 4th. Joint 5th with Salford but better points diff.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 29 Apr 2017, 20:55

casjunction wrote:Power we have in abundance,Webster,Minikin ,Roberts,Springer,Milner. To name but a few.
Pace ,flair,even wizardry.
Never sure how people interpret aggression but the don't take a backward step.
Yes we have the backbone we just do it differently than other teams.
We can strike from all over the park oh am so loving this season
Well tonight's performance should put that question to bed.
Sorry for quoting myself.
But we sounded magnificent tonight
Just love this rollercoaster ride.
Really must stop giving staff holiday so l have to work.
Ah well back to work .

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 05 May 2017, 10:19

International duties,injured players ,away,fired up opposition and we won .lt may not have been pretty but a wins a win.
Top of the league.
COYF.