St helens ruck speed

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

St helens ruck speed

Post by westyorkylad » 22 Apr 2017, 18:31

Watching saints game last week v cas an again last night v widnes does anyone else thing they are given an enormous amount of leeway for holding on an grappling in tackle ........I was happy that we were outplayed last weekend in first half no complaints but they slowed the ruck down a lot even when it wasn't earned, last night again widnes they took it to another level an I was amazed how often they were allowed get away with it.......is it just me thinking this??

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: St helens ruck speed

Post by init » 22 Apr 2017, 20:02

Wilkin is the biggest culprit always leaves his arms legs or knees in... the ref last night is also one of the weakest of the current bunch...he refs like a rabbit in headlights...has no feel for the game and I thought he was very bias towards St's last night - when Widnes tried to do a St's he pinged them yet went blind when St's were doing it.

I was really pleased for Widnes last night as they were on the end of a lot of 'giveys' to St's.
Saints have been getting away with this simply because they used to be a top team but no one seems to have recognised they are now bang average.....what is even more galling is that we lost to them and they just got beat by the bottom of SL but thats Cas for ya........

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: St helens ruck speed

Post by takethetwo » 23 Apr 2017, 07:21

Was just about to post the same thing , some very strange decisions for both teams especially regarding knock ons .
Widnes definitely the better team and fully deserved the win .