Today's game....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Today's game....

Post by SuffolkTiger » 23 Apr 2017, 16:54

Couldn't make it today - it was a very tough listen on the radio.

Sounds like we were bullied in the first 20 and then were beaten by a side with only 12 men but more grit and heart. We lack size and power in certain positions and it's starting to show.

Having seen a similar thing at Saints, it's hard not be a bit frustrated. I get that expectations are higher and Gale was missing for a huge chunk of the game but, if we are to be serious contenders, we have to win games like today.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Today's game....

Post by Fumper27 » 23 Apr 2017, 16:56

Let's wait for the "but we only lost by 2" brigade!!! Players believing their own hype after the start we had. DP needs to flog them this week and get back to how we were in the first eight weeks.

Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Exiled » 23 Apr 2017, 16:58

The Hull crowd reffing the game did not help.

Le Van
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Le Van » 23 Apr 2017, 17:02

Fumper27 wrote: Players believing their own hype after the start we had
Unfortunately have to agree with this - too much talk off the pitch and now not enough action on it.

Let's nip it in the bud and get back on track

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 23 Apr 2017, 17:05

Last two games lost on goal kicks.

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 23 Apr 2017, 17:07

Not beating a 12 man side is utter garbage with the strike power we have.

Its becoming apparent we cannot switch on at the start of games and it is costing us, our starting pack are not on form like they were at the start of the season, what has happened to Lynchy and Springer!!! we are dropping balls again at crucial times.

3 times we were over the line and dropped the ball, at least twice we had a simple run in to score and failed.

We are not learning any lessons and next week will see us off the top if we play at this level. not fatigue we had almost a week for this game....Has form has gone??.

Twice inside a week we have totally failed to manage and win a tight game....even though IMHO against 12 men and with aledgedly the best attack in the league we should have crucified Hull.

Lets see if DP follows thorugh with his threats and drops the players who arn't performing....wouldn't surprise me to see a prop or two being brought in sooner rather than later.

Frustrated is not even coming close.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 23 Apr 2017, 17:10

cogito ergo sum wrote:Last two games lost on goal kicks.
Yes - but:

- against a team that's been struggling and then lost to Widnes
- then to a team who have been on a bad run, played with key players out and only 12 men for an hour

We lack grit

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Apr 2017, 17:13

Maybe dropping off the top might help.
I think the pressure is getting to us, something we've never experiance before.

Also I think DP should have a word with one or two player to stop being instergram performers and start concentrating on there rugby instead.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 23 Apr 2017, 17:15

old cas lass wrote:Maybe dropping off the top might help.

Also I think DP should have a word with one or two player to stop being instergram performers and start concentrating on there rugby instead.
We're still top OCL!!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Apr 2017, 17:21

Fumper27 wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Maybe dropping off the top might help.

We're still top OCL!!

Won't be after next week.
Leeds win and Wigan beat us, which I can't see us beating them....unless there's a total turn around from us.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Apr 2017, 17:28

Can anyone explain why Hicks twice brought things back fora penalty to us after we played on and got over the line? 12 points gone missing there. I'm sure Mr Hicks knew what he was doing but can anyone enlighten me

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Apr 2017, 17:34

Don't know what 'brigade' I am in danger of being enlisted to bot when we reached this cluster of 4 fixtures I could see us picking up no more than 2 points. Instead we got 4 and I'm disappointed so we must be doing something right

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 23 Apr 2017, 17:36

Basically cause he had a really bad day at the office and instead of playing advantage and waiting for the result of it he blew for the penalty too early, not allowing the full advantage to be resulted...he had a shocker for both teams today.

Heres a question - would you be dropping any of our wingers for Wigan?? I think DP will drop at least one of them.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 23 Apr 2017, 17:38

1. Who's not performing or gone off the boil?

2. How bad is Gales injury? Muscluar or concussion?

3. Which area of the park are we struggling in?

4. Do we have any new injuries?

Weve hit a blip IMO. Weve not been smashed by anyone at all; weve lost 3 tight games.

I do maintain however, as I said earlier this season, we need a big nasty prop and an outside back. Too often in the past have we been 2 or 3 players away from a champion team. I must say though, Im sure well bring someone in. soon.

I think our back 2 should be mcmeeken and jsl. Holmes not in my 13.
Audacter Et Sincere

Martiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Martiger » 23 Apr 2017, 17:48

Pretty much a joke all round today. 18-0 after 12 minutes is a joke, sending off debatable by all accounts but to then not beat a team with 12 men playing for 65 minutes is terrible, attack poor, defence even worse. As much as Roberts seems to be taking the plaudits he knocks on far too much for me, also imo our staring forwards are past it, milo Jsl, jnr been relied on too much.

Also Can anyone explain why chase has not played again would of made the difference!

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 23 Apr 2017, 17:51

Once again we are pants in the first 20 minutes and it costs us the game. So to the fans that a couple of week ago say that it doesnt matter how we play in the first 20..... I believe it does.

Too many dropped balls. 6 points down at half time against 12 men, we should have gone on to win it but didnt.

1 point now seperates the top 4 half way through the regular season. Should be a fun run in. Hope to god we beat Wigan.

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 23 Apr 2017, 17:54

1. Who's not performing or gone off the boil?

A: Eden, Lynch, Springer, Gale, McMeekin, Holmes (just come back so maybe a bit harsh), Massey

2. How bad is Gales injury? Muscluar or concussion?

A: Don't know just that he failed head test

3. Which area of the park are we struggling in?

A: Not really area of the park but our ability to hold onto the ball or stop giving away penalties would be a start

4. Do we have any new injuries?

A: no idea

5. Do we have an issue starting games

A: Yes and as we get deeper into the season and players having to play with injuries which leads to a more even playing field this will and is now starting to cost us points (18-0 after 15 minutes today) <--- this cost us the game today

Weve hit a blip IMO. Weve not been smashed by anyone at all; weve lost 3 tight games.

I do maintain however, as I said earlier this season, we need a big nasty prop and an outside back. Too often in the past have we been 2 or 3 players away from a champion team. I must say though, Im sure well bring someone in. soon.

<I think its obvious we need to shore up the props, we look so much better with milo/moors and JSl on the pitch.>

I think our back 2 should be mcmeeken and jsl. Holmes not in my 13 - As a starting back row I agree

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 23 Apr 2017, 17:57

Went with the step lads so was the sole cas fan in the hull end. First , the ref gave no flow to the game, Pretty much a penalty every set it was rediculous. I do t recall us kicking on the last till half time. We were beaten by 12 men but don't be disillusioned, if they took anyone else out other than gale we would have walked it. Not sure what happened to chase, still injured ? But he could have helped with that final pass. Cas were making the yards and I don't think hull bullied us, we had no direction moving from one side of the field to the other. The players may be tired or complacent but I found it more worrying that I couldn't hear the cas support till our first try. We were 18-0 down and the support stopped after hulls first. Fair play to hull but I think we will be back to topple the pies next week. Hopefully hicks will keep well away from cas matches for a while the bloke ruins rugby for all teams

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Apr 2017, 17:59

We really on gale ..would like to know why rangi was missing ..hull defence heroic at times ...hicks a joke
hope we can regroup for wigan
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casfanfromcov » 23 Apr 2017, 18:04

I defended Cas last week, but we were poor today. We didn't seem to know what to do when we had the ball in attack. Obviously Rangi would have helped if he had been on the bench, but I can't believe we rely so much on Gale. The only excuse for Cas was the woeful decision by the ref to disallow our try in the right hand corner, then give us a penalty instead of playing advantage. Overall Hull deserved to win, or maybe if we had kicked one of the kickable conversions we missed, a draw would have been a fair result