Today's game....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Today's game....

Post by ERG2012 » 24 Apr 2017, 11:20

old cas lass wrote:Not sure if i dare put this.
Whats peoples thoughts on oli holmes coming into the team.
It seem our step backwards is when oli reappeared.
Dont get me wrong oli is a great player.
I personally would rather have jesse play 2nd row as at the start of the season.
We seem to have more penetration when jesse played out wide than when oli is on the field.
Just my obsivation.
Personal opinion is - he's off pace and isn't fit.
I like Oggy and he's not performing to the standards he set over the last few years. Perhaps he's returning too soon
I think Lynch is also struggling as well. Lacking the momentum to get over the gain line.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Apr 2017, 11:30

with massey really poor at saints as well i would have liked to see douglas get a game over easter if hes not injured...looking at wigan game if gale plays i think we will win
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 24 Apr 2017, 11:51

i have posted RE Brandon Douglas being given a go, put your minds back to St Helens last season in his first match in the first team he looked a great prospect, we need some new blood in the forwards I can see no reason that Brandon cant be given a go,

Wildie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Wildie » 24 Apr 2017, 11:52

Maybe arrogance was the wrong word, but nobody seemed to want to be direct and thought that you would just get past us with offload after offload.

Also, on the video that is going around of the Watts red card, someone has noted that McShane flying in actually makes contact with Gale's head on the floor - which could have contributed to the concussion

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 24 Apr 2017, 13:00

why did we sign larroyer

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 24 Apr 2017, 13:42

ERG2012 wrote:
I personally would rather have jesse play 2nd row as at the start of the season.
We seem to have more penetration when jesse played out wide than when oli is on the field.
Just my obsivation.
I like Oggy and he's not performing to the standards he set over the last few years. Perhaps he's returning too soon
I think Lynch is also struggling as well. Lacking the momentum to get over the gain line.
On Oli, this thought crossed my mind whilst listening to the game yesterday and it could, of course, be coincidence but...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 24 Apr 2017, 14:41

Just my obsivation.
I agree

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 24 Apr 2017, 14:43

tigerfeat wrote:with massey really poor at saints as well i would have liked to see douglas get a game over easter if hes not injured...looking at wigan game if gale plays i think we will win
larroyer?

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 24 Apr 2017, 14:44

Flat Capper wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:
Just my obsivation.
On Oli, this thought crossed my mind whilst listening to the game yesterday and it could, of course, be coincidence but...
We looked far better with jesse out wide (i.e first 7 or 8 games)

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Apr 2017, 17:03

Watts receives a grade B for the gale incident.

Uppo58

Post by Uppo58 » 24 Apr 2017, 19:13

Great turn out by you Cas fans on Sunday, and made some noise, it really helped with the atmosphere.

At half time I was just waiting for the flood gates to open, and waited and waited. After 15 mins of pressure on our line I started think, there not looking the threat they were in the first half. then I started to think they've been there so long they've tried everything they don't know what to try next.

For sure I thought you were over a couple of times but somehow we kept you out, don't quite know how. Then with 20 to go I started the long clock watch, god it was painful. After every 5 mins I had another look and only 2 mins had passed, how does that work then !!
But when it got down to 8 to go I thought, my word we might do the impossible here. Then there was Albys 40/20 attempt and I saw the body language change. For the first time I thought it was on.

But what a nerve jangler and what a game for the neutral.

Was great in the pubs with you guys before and after the match, top RL fans. Thanks for making it a special game. Well it was special for us anyway.
See you down't road for round 2.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 24 Apr 2017, 20:20

Uppo58 wrote:Great turn out by you Cas fans on Sunday, and made some noise, it really helped with the atmosphere.

At half time I was just waiting for the flood gates to open, and waited and waited. After 15 mins of pressure on our line I started think, there not looking the threat they were in the first half. then I started to think they've been there so long they've tried everything they don't know what to try next.

For sure I thought you were over a couple of times but somehow we kept you out, don't quite know how. Then with 20 to go I started the long clock watch, god it was painful. After every 5 mins I had another look and only 2 mins had passed, how does that work then !!
But when it got down to 8 to go I thought, my word we might do the impossible here. Then there was Albys 40/20 attempt and I saw the body language change. For the first time I thought it was on.

But what a nerve jangler and what a game for the neutral.

Was great in the pubs with you guys before and after the match, top RL fans. Thanks for making it a special game. Well it was special for us anyway.
See you down't road for round 2.
Your clock is faulty, mine went 5 mins for every 2!

BTW....it's darn' lane!