Gale

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Gale

Post by braytontiger » 24 Apr 2017, 12:41

cogito ergo sum wrote:
fast hands wrote:This is no criticism of any one , but perhaps in recent years unfortunately Castleford & District haven't produced a lad of super league standard. Lots are playing Championship level which is a great achievement to the lads, but super league is a different level. This isn't DP's fault or any coaches at local clubs. Hopefully a couple of gems will be unearthed and hopefully we will be able to keep them at our club. I have watched local rugby over the years, and seen lads who I thought will make it, but was wrong, because it takes a special person to get to the highest level.
Back to the Gale post, hope he is ok for Saturday, and he is local, we have made him into international class, although to a degree, he is classed as a loiner.
Some local lads playing super league for other clubs: Daz Clark, Joe Westerman, Ben Crooks, Liam Watts, Gareth Ellis, Brett Ferres. OK, not as in 19/20 yrs old. We need to find the key to keeping them. The academy now doing OK.

In the 70's all the local junior schools played competitive RL. From Airedale in 1971 and the next five years, Andy Goodway, Andy Timson, Gary Hyde, Shaun Irwin, Bob and Kev Beardmore, Steve Watts and others. From Cas schools not including Airedale, lots more!
Sadly, youngsters are not introduced to RL in school as they once were. The raw material must still be there.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Apr 2017, 12:52

1973 wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
1973 wrote:If Gale can't play then put mc shane at 7. Give him this week to work on the plays. Very different to being asked to play in the same game the 7 gets injured. Still think we will beat Wigan without him.
Or play Chase and Roberts in the halves?
Exactly

I don't get why folk want to start moving players around the park when (and if) it's HB out HB in...

CHASE IS INJURED ? ](*,)
So why has he been in the 19 for the last two games???

Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 1973 » 24 Apr 2017, 13:50

Just mind games me thinks. Seen footage of him getting his hair cut on Facebook and he as got a medical strap on his left hand.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 24 Apr 2017, 14:48

1973 wrote:Just mind games me thinks. Seen footage of him getting his hair cut on Facebook and he as got a medical strap on his left hand.
Don't see the point in that at all. If you were an opposing coach would it make a jot of difference to how you prepare if hes in the 19 or not ? I doubt it

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 Apr 2017, 14:49

DP said in a recent interview it was a knock to the wrist in training and affects his grip on the ball.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 24 Apr 2017, 15:05

He injured it against Wakey, he came off after the game and was holding his right hand / wrist and would only shake hands with others with his left hand. I said to the others around us that Rangi looked like he had broken his hand, turns out it is his wrist.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 Apr 2017, 15:07

orrsome wrote:O/T Why is the game being played Saturday evening when it's not being shown live on Sky?
think it may be because the England squad fly out on sunday and cas and wigan have players involved. wonder how many pies players will pull out?
jo brand is eddie warings love child

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Apr 2017, 15:17

lurcher wrote:
orrsome wrote:O/T Why is the game being played Saturday evening when it's not being shown live on Sky?
think it may be because the England squad fly out on sunday and cas and wigan have players involved. wonder how many pies players will pull out?
There's only o'loughlin and Williams from Wigan.
Cant see them pulling out, lockers is captain (god knows why), he might pull a fast one and feign injury.

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 24 Apr 2017, 16:47

might be because we play the following Thursday
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 24 Apr 2017, 16:56

Di wrote:
might be because we play the following Thursday
It is. An extra days rest.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 24 Apr 2017, 17:50

old cas lass wrote:
lurcher wrote:
There's only o'loughlin and Williams from Wigan.
Cant see them pulling out, lockers is captain (god knows why), he might pull a fast one and feign injury.
It would be strange if O'loughlin actually played. . . . . . . . Ever :shock:

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 24 Apr 2017, 18:21

Because we are playing on Thursday.

Steve Gill said they are trialling a Saturday night game to see if it is more successful than when we move a game to the Friday to give the team a decent rest for a Thursday game. He is basically trying to see which night works best when we can't play on the Sunday

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 24 Apr 2017, 19:24

I think a Saturday night will be great. Cant wait.

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 24 Apr 2017, 19:45

Couple of jars before the game, beat goons, then loose count how many ales after perfect.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 24 Apr 2017, 19:46

well done our three players being selected, I only hope it does not harm our position in the league , I think its crazy to have a non event at the other side of the world in the middle of our domestic season, these lads will not feel 100% for a time after their flight home, and if we were unfortunate enough to have a few injuries this Saturday we will be down to the bare bones when we play Huddersfield I know that they are not playing very well but they will be up for it when they play us,

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 24 Apr 2017, 20:20

43s flyer wrote:Couple of jars before the game, beat goons, then loose count how many ales after perfect.
Sounds like a very good plan :)

You could always go for the long haul and find any pubs that are showing the boxing later!

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 24 Apr 2017, 20:36

Don't want to be too plastered to navigate my mobility scooter.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 24 Apr 2017, 20:50

You could always go for the long haul and find any pubs that are showing the boxing later!
On at Glasshoughton WMC (Leeds Road Club). Fiver including a pint ! :dance:

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 25 Apr 2017, 00:03

Tigerade wrote:
On at Glasshoughton WMC (Leeds Road Club). Fiver including a pint ! :dance:
There are times when I really miss my home town.....!!