Gale

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Gale

Post by nottinghamtiger » 24 Apr 2017, 08:42

It seems Gale failed the concussion test against Hull.
Firstly, if so, can he play on Saturday? Is it meant to be six clear days before playing again (and therefore he is out) or can he play on the sixth day afterwards?
More importantly, what are the regs in flying after a concussion injury? Surely if he is not fit to play on Saturday, it's a risk sending him half way around the world on a plane and subjecting his brain to that kind of change in pressure and oxygen levels?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Gale

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Apr 2017, 08:45

He can play on the 6th day, pending medical assessment.

Concussion on Sunday rules you out of Thurs/Fri games.
There is a six-step process for the player to pass through, with Day 1 starting the day after the injury. Eventually at professional levels he will complete a Cogsport Test which assists in the decision on whether he is allowed to return to play. The first day that a player can return to play after a concussion is Day 6.

So a player concussed on a Sunday can't play the following Friday. The shortest possible turnabout would be for him to return to action on the Saturday but that's the minimum time, don't forget.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 1973 » 24 Apr 2017, 08:51

If Gale can't play then put mc shane at 7. Give him this week to work on the plays. Very different to being asked to play in the same game the 7 gets injured. Still think we will beat Wigan without him.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Apr 2017, 08:51

Daryl Powell more or less said he was fine straight after the game.
I'm better he'll play Saturday.

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 24 Apr 2017, 09:01

O/T Why is the game being played Saturday evening when it's not being shown live on Sky?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Apr 2017, 09:05

1973 wrote:If Gale can't play then put mc shane at 7. Give him this week to work on the plays. Very different to being asked to play in the same game the 7 gets injured. Still think we will beat Wigan without him.
Or play Chase and Roberts in the halves?

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 24 Apr 2017, 09:31

Fumper27 wrote:
1973 wrote:If Gale can't play then put mc shane at 7. Give him this week to work on the plays. Very different to being asked to play in the same game the 7 gets injured. Still think we will beat Wigan without him.
Exactly

I don't get why folk want to start moving players around the park when (and if) it's HB out HB in...

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Apr 2017, 09:35

orrsome wrote:O/T Why is the game being played Saturday evening when it's not being shown live on Sky?
Think it's to do with turnaround times
Our next game is Huddersfield away on the following Thursday .4 May

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 24 Apr 2017, 09:37

This is the one issue for me at Cas. You look at other clubs they're willing to play a young lad in his correct position rather than moving 3/4 players about. Are our young players that poor or does DP just want his best 17 on the field every game even if it means a couple of them out of position. Anyone agree?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Apr 2017, 09:52

I do mate our young players dont get a chance for me you look at wigan they just throw young players in and its let see if you sink or swim ...is rangi still injured does anybody know
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 24 Apr 2017, 09:56

tigerfeat wrote:I do mate our young players dont get a chance for me you look at wigan they just throw young players in and its let see if you sink or swim ...is rangi still injured does anybody know

Wouldn't swap DP for anyone but my only criticism is we haven't seen a local lad become a first team regular under him.

Rangi is a strange one, whispers going round he's in bother again, for me it's still the hand injury. Time will tell.

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 24 Apr 2017, 10:28

Tiger talk radio said it was still the hand injury.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 24 Apr 2017, 10:30

43s flyer wrote:Tiger talk radio said it was still the hand injury.
Wouldn't say they're in the know, st helens scored a try Monday and they were busy discussing Junior having his socks down and no other player having there socks down!! ](*,)

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 24 Apr 2017, 10:36

This is no criticism of any one , but perhaps in recent years unfortunately Castleford & District haven't produced a lad of super league standard. Lots are playing Championship level which is a great achievement to the lads, but super league is a different level. This isn't DP's fault or any coaches at local clubs. Hopefully a couple of gems will be unearthed and hopefully we will be able to keep them at our club. I have watched local rugby over the years, and seen lads who I thought will make it, but was wrong, because it takes a special person to get to the highest level.
Back to the Gale post, hope he is ok for Saturday, and he is local, we have made him into international class, although to a degree, he is classed as a loiner.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 24 Apr 2017, 10:40

fast hands wrote:This is no criticism of any one , but perhaps in recent years unfortunately Castleford & District haven't produced a lad of super league standard. Lots are playing Championship level which is a great achievement to the lads, but super league is a different level. This isn't DP's fault or any coaches at local clubs. Hopefully a couple of gems will be unearthed and hopefully we will be able to keep them at our club. I have watched local rugby over the years, and seen lads who I thought will make it, but was wrong, because it takes a special person to get to the highest level.
Back to the Gale post, hope he is ok for Saturday, and he is local, we have made him into international class, although to a degree, he is classed as a loiner.

I think Brandon Douglas proved a point that he could do a job against Sts away last year.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 24 Apr 2017, 10:58

fast hands wrote:This is no criticism of any one , but perhaps in recent years unfortunately Castleford & District haven't produced a lad of super league standard. Lots are playing Championship level which is a great achievement to the lads, but super league is a different level. This isn't DP's fault or any coaches at local clubs. Hopefully a couple of gems will be unearthed and hopefully we will be able to keep them at our club. I have watched local rugby over the years, and seen lads who I thought will make it, but was wrong, because it takes a special person to get to the highest level.
Some local lads playing super league for other clubs: Daz Clark, Joe Westerman, Ben Crooks, Liam Watts, Gareth Ellis, Brett Ferres. OK, not as in 19/20 yrs old. We need to find the key to keeping them. The academy now doing OK.

In the 70's all the local junior schools played competitive RL. From Airedale in 1971 and the next five years, Andy Goodway, Andy Timson, Gary Hyde, Shaun Irwin, Bob and Kev Beardmore, Steve Watts and others. From Cas schools not including Airedale, lots more!
Sadly, youngsters are not introduced to RL in school as they once were. The raw material must still be there.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Apr 2017, 11:05

Unfortunately there dont seem to be that many coming out of airedale academy. Its now an arts school.
Castleford academy is the sports school.
Even the schools rugby teams from airedale dont get to any finals anymore.
They all come from cas academy.

Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 1973 » 24 Apr 2017, 12:07

ERG2012 wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Exactly

I don't get why folk want to start moving players around the park when (and if) it's HB out HB in...

CHASE IS INJURED ? ](*,)

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 24 Apr 2017, 12:09

whats wrong with RANGI ??

Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 1973 » 24 Apr 2017, 12:17

Hurt his hand and it's strapped up.