Rangi

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Rangi

Post by casfanfromcov » 24 Apr 2017, 23:45

I know he has been injured, but when he is fit Rangi has to play. Put Roberts at centre, and move Webster into the forwards. The Hull game showed we need to be more creative and we can't rely on Gale to do it all on his own. I'm sure Roberts will still make fantastic breaks playing at centre.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Rangi

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Apr 2017, 08:06

Agree mate or roberts at 13 either way all three need to trot out in starting 13 for mine
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 25 Apr 2017, 08:22

We missed Gale's creativity at Hull, Rangi would have made a difference, had he been in the bench to replace Luke, although it's our defence that's more of a worry to me just lately.
We don't want to lose Ben's input on attack, which happens when he's been moved to fullback.
Rangi can be good off the bench, but it disrupts so much in attack, where 3 players have to change position, but of course would have been great at Hull and probably have won us the game.
Danny Boy

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 25 Apr 2017, 09:55

Rangi causes defences big problems when in possession. Whereas you might be able to read Gale, you can't with rangi. I hope he's back as the weekend, we need an extra pivot on the field not an extra winger on the bench

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Apr 2017, 10:21

I like Rangi but we shouldnt play people for the sake of it and to accommodate people by moving others around.

Also think it is pointless putting Roberts into an unaccustomed position where he doesn't get the same control of the ball he does in the halves.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Apr 2017, 10:52

roberts as played at centre i think hed be great there myself
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Apr 2017, 11:02

Just seen a rumour by a fc fan.
Chase on loan to them for the rest of the season.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Apr 2017, 11:09

roberts at six it is then....
Vince Lombardi

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 25 Apr 2017, 11:17

What is it with the obsession on here with playing players out of position?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Apr 2017, 11:29

when rangi comes off bench zak moves to wing roberts goes to fullback i think we look better as a team when rangi started in those early games but with roberts playing so well i would be tempted to try him at centre for a game at least
Vince Lombardi

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 25 Apr 2017, 11:30

TheSheriff wrote:What is it with the obsession on here with playing players out of position?
I was just about to say the same thing... Roberts at centre? What tosh.

He's a great 6 and a decent backup at 9 or 1. Why on earth do people want to put him in the centres?

Chase is a great backup half, and i think him on the bench when fit gives us an extra spark when we need it (or injury cover for when thugs like Westwood target the halfback, or accidents like against Hull happen).

casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casfanfromcov » 25 Apr 2017, 12:11

Squaddie86 wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:What is it with the obsession on here with playing players out of position?
I was just about to say the same thing... Roberts at centre? What tosh.

He's a great 6 and a decent backup at 9 or 1. Why on earth do people want to put him in the centres?

Chase is a great backup half, and i think him on the bench when fit gives us an extra spark when we need it (or injury cover for when thugs like Westwood target the halfback, or accidents like against Hull happen).
To say Roberts can't play well at centre is an insult to Roberts. He has played well there in the past. The Hull match showed we need Rangi in the team when he is fit, to create chances for others. The outside backs were very predicatable and inaffective on Sunday against only 12 men.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 25 Apr 2017, 12:24

Update please RE Rangis injury ?? , Ben Roberts , why move him he is playing out of his skin in the position he is in ??

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 25 Apr 2017, 12:26

I think far too many people need to stick to football manager and leave the coaching to those that no what they are doing. Roberts is the form half back in the league so let's play him in the centre,seriously I often wonder what some folk are watching. ;)

casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casfanfromcov » 25 Apr 2017, 12:32

braytontiger wrote:I think far too many people need to stick to football manager and leave the coaching to those that no what they are doing. Roberts is the form half back in the league so let's play him in the centre,seriously I often wonder what some folk are watching. ;)
We were watching a team that couldn't break down a team with only 12 men.Roberts makes fantastic breaks, he can also do those at centre. I respect your opinion and normally I would agree with you, but Rangi is an exceptional player who can create numerous chances, and when fit is wasted on the bench

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Apr 2017, 12:39

When has Roberts played at centre?

He's never played that position in his life for us. He was operating between wing and full-back versus Salford.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 25 Apr 2017, 12:41

casfanfromcov wrote:
braytontiger wrote:I think far too many people need to stick to football manager and leave the coaching to those that no what they are doing. Roberts is the form half back in the league so let's play him in the centre,seriously I often wonder what some folk are watching. ;)
We were watching a team that couldn't break down a team with only 12 men.Roberts makes fantastic breaks, he can also do those at centre. I respect your opinion and normally I would agree with you, but Rangi is an exceptional player who can create numerous chances, and when fit is wasted on the bench

Were in a good position then having 3 quality HB's. Normally we don't have 1

Don't be moving people to centre for the sake. It means 1 has to miss out or be on bench. They will all get the chances throughout the year.

Better to have 3 and 1 miss out then have 1 full stop like its been for years

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Apr 2017, 12:41

I would also say that Rangi is a good player but I don't think he's wowed me at any point this season. Against Leigh he was very steady but Roberts has outshone him in all areas this season.

For me, Roberts is 6 and a starting 6 every day of the week. First receiver where he can get his hands on the ball. Powell commented last week how exceptional his relationship with McMeeken and Webster has been and now people want to chop and change that.

Do you want to make us look more unstructured and dysfunctional than we have in the last few weeks?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Apr 2017, 12:41

You dont have to be the coach to have an opinion and its my opinion we looked better as a team with rangi at 6 and gale at 7 ... ;)
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Apr 2017, 12:42

old cas lass wrote:Just seen a rumour by a fc fan.
Chase on loan to them for the rest of the season.
Probably more rubbish given they have Sneyd, Kelly and Connor who can play there. :roll: