Rangi

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Rangi

Post by old cas lass » 25 Apr 2017, 20:02

Rangi just tweeted....don't know were these rumours have come from, but I'm a happy tiger.

casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casfanfromcov » 25 Apr 2017, 20:03

jackknife wrote:People keep saying we couldn't brake a 12man hull team down yet we out scored them 5tries to 1 after the send off with only 1 half on the field, it was clear the reason we lost was because we missed so many kicks.
I agree the missed kicks didn't help, they put extra pressure on us, meaning we had to score an extra try to compensate

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 25 Apr 2017, 23:10

Squaddie86 wrote:
casfanfromcov wrote:
Squaddie86 wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:What is it with the obsession on here with playing players out of position?
I was just about to say the same thing... Roberts at centre? What tosh.

He's a great 6 and a decent backup at 9 or 1. Why on earth do people want to put him in the centres?

Chase is a great backup half, and i think him on the bench when fit gives us an extra spark when we need it (or injury cover for when thugs like Westwood target the halfback, or accidents like against Hull happen).
To say Roberts can't play well at centre is an insult to Roberts. He has played well there in the past. The Hull match showed we need Rangi in the team when he is fit, to create chances for others. The outside backs were very predicatable and inaffective on Sunday against only 12 men.
1. I didn't say he can't play well at centre, I'm sure he'd be fine there.
2. When has he ever played centre for us? I've never seen him there that i remember.
3. Seriously, why are you and others so determined to force this square peg into a round hole when we have plenty of round pegs?

4. All Sunday showed was that we panic when the pressure is on, and that Gales goalkicking is very important.
Spot on

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 26 Apr 2017, 06:37

I don't think Gale has been playing well at all .
Got away with it against Wakey , crap against saints .
He probably needed this rest .

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 26 Apr 2017, 07:32

What rest?

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 26 Apr 2017, 08:55

casfanfromcov wrote:
jackknife wrote:People keep saying we couldn't brake a 12man hull team down yet we out scored them 5tries to 1 after the send off with only 1 half on the field, it was clear the reason we lost was because we missed so many kicks.
I agree the missed kicks didn't help, they put extra pressure on us, meaning we had to score an extra try to compensate
The reason we lost was giving them an 18 point start.....switch on from the kick off, stop giving stupid penalties away and the result would of been a comfortable win.

No matter what we say about the result, we are guilty of clocking off for periods in games, usually at the start and against the better teams we are losing because of it, Hull were great defencively and we panicked agreed however without our self destruct at the start of the game we wouldnt of been playing catch up.

look at he Saints game, our mistakes, our stupid penalties and we gifted them 3 tries, they wern't even in the game until we clocked off.

Even though we won at Wigan, we had to defend heroically for the first 15 minutes because of our lack of control and discipline.

Catalans - we were 14 nil down and almost 20 nil at the start of the game.

DP must see the issue - how you fix it god knows because this is simply down to the players attitude and awareness - perhaps we start games thinking we are better than we are or at least the opposition and it takes us 20 mins to mentally realise we have to play rugby to win, the unfortunate thing is at the business end of the season giving the better teams 14-18 point starts will mean losing more than we win because they will simply be close games to start with.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 26 Apr 2017, 09:07

I agree we have lost three games we should have won, Salford Zac trying to trap a rugby ball instead of putting his name on it gifted them a try, likewise Cook at St Helens, Hull first 20 minutes giving penalty after penalty away inviting them into our half==18 points down and a mountain to climb, lets hope we learn from our mistakes or the top four will only be a dream, get well soon Rangi I am sure we are going to need you

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Apr 2017, 09:23

Nailed on top four ..i thoght hull would have hammered us if liam watts not been sent off plenty to work on for sure but i dont get the doom and gloom you cant go thru a season at your best all the time theres up and downs long as your there to sing championi at back end ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Uppo58

Post by Uppo58 » 26 Apr 2017, 09:59

I'm not sure you gave us 18 start, we were running hot with 13, that was clear to see. I think the penalties you gave away were a result of the continual pressure you were under. Actually i agree with many on here who think had both Watts and Gale stayed on the field the margin between us would have been even greater.

Rangi or no Rangi we'll never know if he'd have made a difference. Personally I don't think so, and the 18pts "start" may have been even more had he started? No one has a crystal ball, but the facts show we were like a machine in attack and defence with 13. With 12 we were like a machine in Defence.
Overall a gripping game, made even better by the numbers and volume of you Cas fans. Great turnout.

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 26 Apr 2017, 10:43

Uppo58 wrote:I'm not sure you gave us 18 start, we were running hot with 13, that was clear to see. I think the penalties you gave away were a result of the continual pressure you were under. Actually i agree with many on here who think had both Watts and Gale stayed on the field the margin between us would have been even greater.
Your missing the point and its not an attack at Hull, our starts in games have been poor and as a consequence teams have been able to get points on us early, the penalties - 2mins in is hardly running hot and controlling the game, gave you the field position and we were at 6/7's and you took advantage - momentum was with you and thats how rugby is - we were very fortunate that Watts took out Gale in a way because I think we would have been crucified and lost by a huge score.

If buts and maybe I arn't interested in what bothers me is the pattern that is apparent to those of us following Cas that we are not switched on at the start of most games, our defence is poor, we give away penalties and we cough up possession, its not a one off against Hull, it has happened in every game this season with the possible exception of the Leeds game and when we come up against teams such as Hull they will punish us, we can get away with it against the lower teams Wakey,Leeds etc because our attack is always going to score against them - as proved against Hull when the opposition defence is good they can limit our attack (having one HB didnt help though :lol: :lol: )

If it helps you were the best side on the day and deserved the win - like yourselves over the last few weeks you have been looking for answers to why teams were putting 50+ points against you - we are evaluating why we are losing these types of games. looking forward to the return game.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 26 Apr 2017, 12:48

We just need to get back our aggressiveness and intensity from the earlier rounds.as do some of the players.like Powell said changing attitudes will fix up a lot of our problems

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 26 Apr 2017, 13:05

Uppo58 wrote:I'm not sure you gave us 18 start, we were running hot with 13, that was clear to see. I think the penalties you gave away were a result of the continual pressure you were under. Actually i agree with many on here who think had both Watts and Gale stayed on the field the margin between us would have been even greater.
Hull aren't the first team to get an 18 point start against Cas this year. Who knows what could've happened? Speculation is pointless.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 26 Apr 2017, 13:11

We missed Gale big time, his kicking game, his organisation and his goal kicking!
I believe our loss was greater than theirs, but we'll never know!
Just hoping Watts actions don't impact on the pies game for us, but at least we could plan for Luke missing, whereas on Sunday it was obviously thrust upon us, otherwise there's no way Benny would have been kicking goals (sorry that should read attempting to kick goals)
Danny Boy

Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Exiled » 26 Apr 2017, 13:16

old cas lass wrote:Rangi just tweeted....don't know were these rumours have come from, but I'm a happy tiger.
Stop posting them up then ](*,)

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 26 Apr 2017, 14:21

dude wrote:No composure for me is why we lost. Panic rugby similar reason to why we lost all our games. Powell said we should have scored 40 points in the second half but had no composure to finish the moves
And he is spot on with that

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Apr 2017, 14:37

Exiled wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Rangi just tweeted....don't know were these rumours have come from, but I'm a happy tiger.

What!!!!!!

Martiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Martiger » 26 Apr 2017, 14:54

old cas lass wrote:
Exiled wrote:

What!!!!!!

He's correct, posting rumours on here what have no substance then leads to more speculation and reaches the player to get a justified answer. Not even half way through the season and people talking about players leaving or moving to other clubs, wait till october!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Apr 2017, 15:02

Martiger wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
Exiled wrote:

What!!!!!!

He's correct, posting rumours on here what have no substance then leads to more speculation and reaches the player to get a justified answer. Not even half way through the season and people talking about players leaving or moving to other clubs, wait till october!

I agree it was a rumour, it came from a hull fc forum.
From a hull fc fan.
I was just passing it on on this forum to see if there was any substance in it, obviously there isn't, which I'm glad about.

Any other rumour info I get I'll keep it to myself HTH. OK

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 26 Apr 2017, 15:30

old cas lass wrote:
Martiger wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
Exiled wrote:

What!!!!!!

I agree it was a rumour, it came from a hull fc forum.
From a hull fc fan.
I was just passing it on on this forum to see if there was any substance in it, obviously there isn't, which I'm glad about.

Any other rumour info I get I'll keep it to myself HTH. OK
God how touchy are some people on here ocl?does my head in

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Apr 2017, 15:43

Don't worry about it scoopage, I'm used to it.
That's why the wakey fans call this forum the nut job :D