19 for hudds

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: 19 for hudds

Post by old cas lass » 02 May 2017, 14:39

Anyone know what's up with oli Holmes
Injured or just not selected.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 02 May 2017, 14:43

old cas lass wrote:Anyone know what's up with oli Holmes

Didn't warm up on Saturday so tipping injured.

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 02 May 2017, 14:59

old cas lass wrote:Anyone know what's up with oli Holmes
Lynchy put a pic on Instagram saying "Great session with the injured Cas lads in Wakey" Oli Holmes was on the picture.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 02 May 2017, 15:04

Tom Holmes has to play this game, if he can't be trusted at this point to be adequate cover then there's no point of him being in the squad.

Keep as many players as possible in the correct position, don't move people around for the sake of it when there's the correct players already in the squad ready to play.

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 02 May 2017, 15:28

Eden
Monaghan
Webster
Shenton
Minikin
Chase
Mcshane
Lynch
Milner
Springer
Millington
Jesse
Massey

Holmes
Cook
Moors
Loroyer/foster dependent on who impresses most in training

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 May 2017, 15:35

Ben Thaler ref.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 02 May 2017, 15:46

HuddsTigers wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:I think that's why Powell has kept monners in the squared fro the last couple of week so his body is still up to the pace of super league.
I would also point out that we saw out the game on Saturday with McShane and Chase in the halves and Monaghan on the left-wing. DP perhaps trialing it knowing that this he was probably lining up with this week?
Yes but it was only because we were miles clear on the scoreboard . There was no danger whatsoever by bringing Gale off . In an ideal world I'd like Milner at 13 , McShane at 9 and Holmes partnering Chase , but like a previous poster said , I'm not the coach of the best team in the country .

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 02 May 2017, 16:09

HuddsTigers wrote:Interesting a lot of people are selecting Foster. On what premise? For me, Larroyer is a better bet.

Foster has been working his way back from injury and has no match fitness. Larroyer has been playing in a Bradford side and is ready to rock and roll.
I get what you mean but also foster can cover centre too which makes him pretty handy for the bench
I've complete faith in dp to pick the best fit for the teams needs

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 02 May 2017, 16:16

old cas lass wrote:Ben Thaler ref.
Dont mind Ben when it comes to Sky games.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 May 2017, 20:25

two half backs down Tom Holmes must play, the lad as done every thing asked of him going by the reports from Batley

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 02 May 2017, 20:45

gateman wrote:two half backs down Tom Holmes must play, the lad as done every thing asked of him going by the reports from Batley
there is a big diffrence from playing for batley in championship to playing in super league
but i would start with tom and mcshance and bring rangi off the bench ...

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 02 May 2017, 21:05

We really need Rangi to start. We can't let Huddersfield get a fast start

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 May 2017, 21:27

onetiger wrote:
gateman wrote:two half backs down Tom Holmes must play, the lad as done every thing asked of him going by the reports from Batley
there is a big diffrence from playing for batley in championship to playing in super league
but i would start with tom and mcshance and bring rangi off the bench ...
Would imagine rangi will start with both are half backs missing
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 02 May 2017, 23:30

just on the basis of foster taking part in the warm up against wigan I think he'll be in the 17.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 02 May 2017, 23:47

Previously though Holmes was coming from training/19's to superleague. At least now he's coming from a step closer into super league. Got to give youth a chance.

Long live the Tigers!!!

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 03 May 2017, 08:58

Eden
Minikin
Webster
Shenton
Monaghan
Chase
McShane
Lynch
Milner
Springer
SJL
Foster/Larroyer
Massey

Millington
Moors
Cook
T.Holmes

Gill foster/Larroyer

Id choose Foster over Larroyer just because of the potential, Larroyer has been around sl before and not really been more that a squad player, Foster is stil young and could turn into a great find (or he couldn't)
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 03 May 2017, 09:10

jackknife wrote:Eden
Minikin
Webster
Shenton
Monaghan
Chase
McShane
Lynch
Milner
Springer
SJL
Foster/Larroyer
Massey

Millington
Moors
Cook
T.Holmes

Gill foster/Larroyer

Id choose Foster over Larroyer just because of the potential, Larroyer has been around sl before and not really been more that a squad player, Foster is stil young and could turn into a great find (or he couldn't)
That team looks more than capable of beating Huddersfield.
Some are raving about them beating Leeds.
I saw the game and both teams were poor.
Leeds in fact were dire.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 03 May 2017, 09:11

It as been posted that it is a big step up from championship to super league , but were else can a player step up from its either under 19S or championship, if we do not try these lads that have been out on loan loaning them out as been a pointless exercise

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 03 May 2017, 09:54

Just seen the club are taking 13 buses tomorrow, it's gonna be another great away day from the fans.

Also a post on twitter, junior moors a doubt.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Stadium Update

Post by Robbo » 03 May 2017, 10:24

HuddsTigers wrote:Apologies Robbo. I have been busy outside of Casforum.

First of all, let's address the elephant in the room that we're approaching this from two different angles. I'm extremely positive and back the club, and also believe the development will 100% happen.

You have a half-empty attitude and constantly ridicule the club at every opportunity and believe you can do better. You also are very skeptical about anything the club does and the development as a whole. Moreover, you come in with a vested interest of having your own business, which understandably you want to prioritise. However, it clouds your judgement too.

What I would suggest is that Lateral are being very conservative. They have to be. It's clear from their statement they don't want to overpromise. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that there is more than meets the eye to this situation. You, I, nor anyone else on here knows where the land lies, nor have we seen any of the contractual information. It's a guessing game from our standpoint.

However, what information I have passed on is already out there in the public domain. People can interpret it how they want. There's no spin, there's no manipulation of the truth. I could be wrong, I could be right. Either way, I'm fully confident the development will happen and I'm confident that "2020" wouldn't have been mentioned unless they were absolutely certain it was going to happen by the end of 2020.

In relation to funding, it's pretty clear that a lot of the planning hurdles had to be resolved before they could push on with the pension provider. You wouldn't throw out a load of cash if there wasn't the interest there, nor that it would make sense from an investment point of view that you were guaranteed to get your cash back. A lot of those have been resolved and a few more planning points are currently in situ.

Either way, groundworks are going to begin and so is coal extraction.
Deflection Hudd does not work. You are not a politician.
I have always supported the club both financially and as a fan. You supported RW when it was clear that we were in big trouble. I stood to my guns and brought about change which TBH ruined my friendship with JF but it had to be done.

I want the best for the club but I demand honesty and I am too old to buy spin. You are clearly part of the machine that throws out "what fans want to know". Amazing how certain news is out in an hour ,but other things are not.
Most fans are grown up and can form an opinion. After the debacle of last time they are right to be worried.
I note now buried in yet another go at me we are moving to the end of 2020 !! So as the season finishes in September you actually mean for the 2021 season. Correct?
I picked you up on "all funding was in place" Which now you rather reluctantly say is incorrect.
Robbo
Truth is always best !