Saints on Saturday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Saints on Saturday

Post by tigerfeat » 14 May 2017, 12:31

cogito ergo sum wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Smith getting a roasting from saints fans but playing behind them forwards hes no chance they need to get rid of rush and long and give new coach a chance it took powell three or four years to build what he has theres no quick fixes
I agree it's a building process, but who would have predicted that Saints would be in this state last Jan?
Plus, in 2014 we were one play from the league leaders and in a Cup Final.
yes we were i just think weve gone to another level from 2014...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 14 May 2017, 12:47

I agree, certainly. I was thinking that when Saints get the new coach, they will compete with the best. I don't discard their current squad like most of their own fans do. The after match red button forum was a good watch on iplayer this morning, were Cas great or were Saints poor... Discuss.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 14 May 2017, 12:54

That try from Minikin from Bennys kick is ridiculous! Not the first time this season either.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 May 2017, 13:20

cogito ergo sum wrote:I agree, certainly. I was thinking that when Saints get the new coach, they will compete with the best. I don't discard their current squad like most of their own fans do. The after match red button forum was a good watch on iplayer this morning, were Cas great or were Saints poor... Discuss.
They have some good players i think the new coach as a massive job there tho..any team that comes to cas and not bang on it from minute one will get blown away
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 May 2017, 14:23

cogito ergo sum wrote:I agree, certainly. I was thinking that when Saints get the new coach, they will compete with the best. I don't discard their current squad like most of their own fans do. The after match red button forum was a good watch on iplayer this morning, were Cas great or were Saints poor... Discuss.
I thought DP's comment on watching the game summed it all up. "I said to ryan Sheridan as we were watching the game, I'd love to play in this team."
jo brand is eddie warings love child

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 May 2017, 16:42

Just watched match again how meny times did they mention size of pitch secrets out that little bit of real estate is reason were hammering everybody lol ...give over
Vince Lombardi

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 16 May 2017, 09:10

tigerfeat wrote:Just watched match again how meny times did they mention size of pitch secrets out that little bit of real estate is reason were hammering everybody lol ...give over
It winds me up!!

The pitch is 100yds long as opposed to 100m long that is a total difference of 10yds, that is 5yds per half - that is 15 feet per half WOW. The way they all bang on about it you would think it was about 20m difference.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 16 May 2017, 09:23

The Fox wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Just watched match again how meny times did they mention size of pitch secrets out that little bit of real estate is reason were hammering everybody lol ...give over
It winds me up!!

The pitch is 100yds long as opposed to 100m long that is a total difference of 10yds, that is 5yds per half - that is 15 feet per half WOW. The way they all bang on about it you would think it was about 20m difference.
You'd think the way they go on about it that weve only just shortened it. Its been that way for decades.

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 16 May 2017, 10:42

What about reverting to imperial measurements (brexit) and all the other pitches would be too long. :D

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 16 May 2017, 11:44

old cas lass wrote:
The Fox wrote:
It winds me up!!

You'd think the way they go on about it that weve only just shortened it. Its been that way for decades.
Thats what winds me up OCL. But they are just trying to find excuses as to how little old Cas can beat the 'big boys' consistently. This is the best they can come up with. I can't ever remember it being mentioned until last season when we were beating people with only half the first team or less on the field, so they had to make something up. Gets right on my nerves!

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 16 May 2017, 12:04

If opposition teams can't get across the line on a short pitch, how will they manage a longer one?

What I can't understand is that I can't ever remember the size of the pitch being mentioned between 1958 and 2015.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 May 2017, 12:50

I suspect it wasn't from 1926 never mind 1958

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 May 2017, 13:27

I find it interesting that the 'pundits' think there's an advantage to Cas on a 'smaller' pitch cos the most expansive, free flowing, rugby playing team couldn't play well on a larger pitch could they?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 16 May 2017, 14:03

The Fox wrote:
It winds me up!!

I will stand correcting but, The pitch length is maximum 100 metres (90 yards) there is no given minimum as long as there is a 6 metre run off ( in goal area) . So our pitch 100 yds easily fits the law.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 May 2017, 14:22

Flat Capper wrote:I find it interesting that the 'pundits' think there's an advantage to Cas on a 'smaller' pitch cos the most expansive, free flowing, rugby playing team couldn't play well on a larger pitch could they?
Agreed it just keeps our winning scorelines down!