Saints on Saturday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Saints on Saturday

Post by old cas lass » 13 May 2017, 17:24

Oldcasman wrote:How many was there looked to to be more than the 5/6 thousand most were tipping

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 13 May 2017, 17:39

tigerfeat wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:Time for Tommy Holmes to make a claim for regular contention. Good luck Cas and make it a long afternoon for Saints
Had his best game ive seen him have in a cas shirt another vintage performance by the boys hope zaks not too bad
Cheers for the heads up and comments - couldn't make it today due to work commitments. Good to hear that and hopefully it will build his confidence

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 13 May 2017, 18:10

old cas lass wrote:
Oldcasman wrote:How many was there looked to to be more than the 5/6 thousand most were tipping

Is it a shared gate today? Looked more than that to me

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 13 May 2017, 18:13

chesterfieldtiger wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

Is it a shared gate today? Looked more than that to me
Looked right, stands were sparse all around.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 May 2017, 18:18

Another two candidates for try of season ..cant wait for next sunday
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 May 2017, 00:13

old cas lass wrote:

at the risk of sounding like a wakey fan "there looked more than that". :lol: sorry jinj. ;)
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 14 May 2017, 07:01

lurcher wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

at the risk of sounding like a wakey fan "there looked more than that". :lol: sorry jinj. ;)
5216 seems low. Could you double it and add a thousand for a capacity crowd. Im not sure you could have.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 May 2017, 07:52

Normy-Tiger wrote:
lurcher wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

5216 seems low. Could you double it and add a thousand for a capacity crowd. Im not sure you could have.
I said the same. Whilst you could see space, I don't think we could of doubled the crowd that was there.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 May 2017, 08:42

Looks can be deceiving.

There was loads of space down the edges of Wheldon Rd, loads of space in Princess St and Railway End could easily hold another 1000 I'd say.

The club don't have anything to gain by declaring a different attendance as they have to give the right one for tax purposes anyway
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 14 May 2017, 10:01

I think was bout right most spaced out game this season in wre by along way yesterday shame really was hoping for a top crowd and that performance deserved it but suppose it's hard for people on a Saturday as that's prob the most family time for most and was also on tv hope for a home draw next and a top crowd! Does anyone have a link to highlights

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 14 May 2017, 10:10

Watch the full thing on the iplayer?

Just watching it again and the BBC commentary team only mention the small pitch 5 times in the first 10 minutes!
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 14 May 2017, 10:27

For me, it's that 10/15 minute spell at 10-4 when saints were on top. Our defence was outstanding and kept them score less, we got the ball, went up the other end and scored (Webster I think it was). If they'd have scored in that spell it would have been very different imo.

Must be so deflating for them though.

Virtually the same happened at Huddersfield the week before.

Not that I'm too arsed like, seen us get wellied all over in the past, think that makes it all the sweeter this year!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 May 2017, 10:34

Smith getting a roasting from saints fans but playing behind them forwards hes no chance they need to get rid of rush and long and give new coach a chance it took powell three or four years to build what he has theres no quick fixes
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 May 2017, 12:22

WF10 wrote:Watch the full thing on the iplayer?

Just watching it again and the BBC commentary team only mention the small pitch 5 times in the first 10 minutes!
When we're attacking there always seems to be lots of space out wide. God help our opponents if we had a proper size pitch!!

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 14 May 2017, 12:23

tigerfeat wrote:Smith getting a roasting from saints fans but playing behind them forwards hes no chance they need to get rid of rush and long and give new coach a chance it took powell three or four years to build what he has theres no quick fixes
I agree it's a building process, but who would have predicted that Saints would be in this state last Jan?
Plus, in 2014 we were one play from the league leaders and in a Cup Final.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 May 2017, 12:31

cogito ergo sum wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Smith getting a roasting from saints fans but playing behind them forwards hes no chance they need to get rid of rush and long and give new coach a chance it took powell three or four years to build what he has theres no quick fixes
I agree it's a building process, but who would have predicted that Saints would be in this state last Jan?
Plus, in 2014 we were one play from the league leaders and in a Cup Final.
yes we were i just think weve gone to another level from 2014...
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 14 May 2017, 12:47

I agree, certainly. I was thinking that when Saints get the new coach, they will compete with the best. I don't discard their current squad like most of their own fans do. The after match red button forum was a good watch on iplayer this morning, were Cas great or were Saints poor... Discuss.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 14 May 2017, 12:54

That try from Minikin from Bennys kick is ridiculous! Not the first time this season either.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 May 2017, 13:20

cogito ergo sum wrote:I agree, certainly. I was thinking that when Saints get the new coach, they will compete with the best. I don't discard their current squad like most of their own fans do. The after match red button forum was a good watch on iplayer this morning, were Cas great or were Saints poor... Discuss.
They have some good players i think the new coach as a massive job there tho..any team that comes to cas and not bang on it from minute one will get blown away
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 May 2017, 14:23

cogito ergo sum wrote:I agree, certainly. I was thinking that when Saints get the new coach, they will compete with the best. I don't discard their current squad like most of their own fans do. The after match red button forum was a good watch on iplayer this morning, were Cas great or were Saints poor... Discuss.
I thought DP's comment on watching the game summed it all up. "I said to ryan Sheridan as we were watching the game, I'd love to play in this team."
jo brand is eddie warings love child