Zacks injury

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Zacks injury

Post by Exiled » 14 May 2017, 01:34

lurcher wrote:
the40/20 wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
Dave Sideshow wrote:Not sure if this has been covered off on another thread but a Saints fan told me today that they have put a bid in for Zak. Apparently we need the Solomona compo money which we won't now have clarity on until November and !eeds need payment before then. Any thoughts as don't want to see such a key player leave!
Thoughts are it's complete rubbish, St Helens are not in a great financial position and haven't been for years - Cas run at a profit.
How do you know we make profit?
How much profit?
Where do you get your facts from?
Big statement to make imo!!!!
if we aren't running at a profit I'd be amazed.
the wigan home game must have attracted at least 8,000 cas fans. after the game every pub in cas was packed and every one was wearing cas gear. if each of those only bought a replica shirt that's close to half a million. not all profit I admit.
I can only comment on the wheldon road end where I stand but have a look at the empty bottles and plastic pint pots. each one probably represents at least £2 profit.
then theres the daily draw, the golden gamble, the shirt of my back. sponsorship and so much more, long may it continue and improve. we must be the envy of most other super league clubs.
What do you recon the costs are? Daily, weekly, annually?

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 14 May 2017, 08:14

Dave Sideshow wrote:Not sure if this has been covered off on another thread but a Saints fan told me today that they have put a bid in for Zak. Apparently we need the Solomona compo money which we won't now have clarity on until November and !eeds need payment before then. Any thoughts as don't want to see such a key player leave!
If as a club we didn't have a contingency plan to fund the transfer I would be very dissapointed as keeping Zak imo is pivotal to what we are Building at cas and im sure there must be ways the club could find the revenue to Finance the last payment for the transfer. I would think the away game ticket sales could act as a real help to the club as a bonus figure this year too.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 14 May 2017, 08:23

i posted earlier that we have a couple of players off contact and will very probably be going (Lynch,Monaghan). That and increased gates/merchandise we should have enough.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 May 2017, 08:26

HuddsTigers wrote:

They can do what they like but we have an agreement in place with Leeds and it is very much upto the player too. I would like to think he's settled at Cas and is enjoying the rugby.

The next best alternative is that we take him on another season long loan and pay Leeds a staggered fee over the next couple of seasons/ the next term of his contract.

I'd also point out that this may already be the case and it may not be a lump sum as some people anticipate.
in that case hel be at cas next year looks happy and in a good place turned it around for himself great to see
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 14 May 2017, 08:29

the other fly in the ointment is whether we get a fee for solamona which would pay for zak or end up paying out legal costs ect

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 14 May 2017, 09:31

if we aren't running at a profit I'd be amazed.
the wigan home game must have attracted at least 8,000 cas fans. after the game every pub in cas was packed and every one was wearing cas gear. if each of those only bought a replica shirt that's close to half a million. not all profit I admit.
I can only comment on the wheldon road end where I stand but have a look at the empty bottles and plastic pint pots. each one probably represents at least £2 profit.
then theres the daily draw, the golden gamble, the shirt of my back. sponsorship and so much more, long may it continue and improve. we must be the envy of most other super league clubs.
We are running at a profit Lurcher. Financially we are one of 4 SL clubs making money. The others been Wakey, Widnes and Saints. Obviously some other clubs rely on a benefactor (like Koukash) to write the cheques and to some this isn't perceived as a loss.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 May 2017, 14:28

Exiled wrote:
lurcher wrote:
Exiled wrote:
lurcher wrote:zac had taken the ice pack off by the time the game was over so hopefully ok.
Not really a measure tbh. You should only ice for 10-30 mins at a time.
its subjective really and opinions on it seem to change with the seasons.
last I knew it was ice at first to limit swelling and then warmth to increase the blood flow which speeds recovery.
Regardless of ice or heat, you will struggle to find any doctor advising people to ice for ore than 30 mins, pretty sure that has been a constant. He came off 10 mins from the end and 10 mins later had no ice pack. The point was, that him not having an ice pack on proves nothing about the extent of the injury.
you could leave the old magic sponge on for as long as you liked. :lol:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Keithy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Keithy » 14 May 2017, 19:02

I'm not bothered about an injury to Zack but I am more bothered about Zak's injury. He will be fine for Sunday but I hear that Puke Gale has a bad stomach after eating an old spag bog.

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 14 May 2017, 22:00

I would b more than happy to contribute to a squad builder fund so that we can keep zac - in my opinion it's a must that we do.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 15 May 2017, 09:15

By all accounts ZACS fee as been agreed , if we could manage to get to Wembley the money generated from that would easily cover the fee, in the mean time I hope all readers and posters on here are contributing to the clubs lottery this type of regular income helps towards securing the contracts of players, you know it makes sense every little helps

Riggins
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Riggins » 15 May 2017, 10:47

Didn't SG say at the time of signing Zac that the money was in place and Solomona money has nothing to do with the deal.

Also Zac said the deal is in place and he's happy to make it permanent anytime.

100% believe he'll be our number 1 for many years to come.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 15 May 2017, 11:21

Going elsewhere won't help zak. At Cas he's rebuilt his reputation and he's the best fullback in the country. Also the 2nd best centre according to Wayne Bennett

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 15 May 2017, 12:19

Total crap this thread. Waste of time.

Zak's happy & going nowhere. Funds already were in place, solomona or no solomona.
Audacter Et Sincere

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 May 2017, 15:44

Just seen a video on Zak's Instagram, he as a boot on his leg. Hoping it's just precautionary.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 May 2017, 16:04

Didnt have a boot on saturday night ;)
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 15 May 2017, 18:36

Riggins wrote:Didn't SG say at the time of signing Zac that the money was in place and Solomona money has nothing to do with the deal.

Also Zac said the deal is in place and he's happy to make it permanent anytime.

100% believe he'll be our number 1 for many years to come.
This statement is true, they would not put a deal in place if the funds were not there it would have been a strait loan deal till end of season.

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 15 May 2017, 18:50

There's also no rush to announce the deal, save it until the end of the season when news starts to run dry and confirm the move as permanent.

Or if everything is in place by August and we make the CC final against Leeds announce it on the day.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 15 May 2017, 20:37

Matt wrote:There's also no rush to announce the deal, save it until the end of the season when news starts to run dry and confirm the move as permanent.

Or if everything is in place by August and we make the CC final against Leeds announce it on the day.
Not bothered when it's announced as long as he is staying :D

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 15 May 2017, 20:53

We have the first option,and boy are we going to take it .
However no need to pay until it's due.
As heaven forbid anything could happen.
Mr Hetherington is far too wise to base a deal based on the possibility of Cas receiving a Compensation Package for Denny.
The funds will be in place and l would be surprised if we had to prove they were.
Hope your fit to bring a bit more Cas Magic to Newcastle and remind them what a small town in Wakefield is capable of.
COYF

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 16 May 2017, 09:33

He's been told to rest up. He's likely to be out for a couple of weeks, he could play under injection but would risk a serious injury.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !