Rangi Gone

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Rangi Gone

Post by Mr XP » 15 May 2017, 19:42

On loan for the rest Of The season to widnes, no recall clause and no contract for next year.

I wish him well and just wish he could have knuckled down and fought for his place in the team.

Probably the best outcome for the club. Not sure about the player though.

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Rangi Gone

Post by Beth » 15 May 2017, 19:46

Clearly being at Cas wasn't helping - it wasn't the time for him to upset the apple cart so hope this works out for all parties. He gets game time, Widnes have a little bit of spark, and he helps knock a few other teams off their perch! Good that he can't play against us too.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 15 May 2017, 19:48

Mr XP wrote:On loan for the rest Of The season to widnes, no recall clause and no contract for next year.

I wish him well and just wish he could have knuckled down and fought for his place in the team.

Probably the best outcome for the club. Not sure about the player though.
Great chance for rangi to get away from cas abit a chance to knuckle down and find some of his best form hopefully take a few teams down to help us along the way.
From the club side one less distraction that keeps popping up tom Holmes really stepped up in his last two games and give him a chance think was the best decision for all. Would love it to have been a fairly tale end and to see rangi lift some silver wear with us but it wasn't to be unfortunately least his come back helped paper over the way he left the first time a little bit, hope he finds his best form and sorts his head and life out for his own good!

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 15 May 2017, 19:48

A little gutted. Was expecting big things this year.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 15 May 2017, 19:50

Sadness is my overriding emotion about this.

He could have been a club legend but it feels a real waste of a rare and exceptional talent.

I wish him well both in the remainder of his playing career and the rest of his life.

Thanks Rangi - at times you glittered like the brightest star.

Stay well fella.

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 15 May 2017, 19:51

Half back gone rumour of a forward having to retire good luck to both can we expect any experienced significant players coming in to bring the squad back up to strength

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 May 2017, 19:55

He wants to play he will get chance at widnes he looked good till he lost his place because of what happened at ponte ...tom holmes will get better more he plays so were still in good shape hope he shows what he can do for them and we dont read on there forum rangi in trouble again ..good luck rangi
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 15 May 2017, 19:56

Rangi goes with almost all fans best wishes, and everyone holding their breath. I hope Rangi wants to sort himself out as much as we want him to. Good luck Rangi, and thanks for the memories.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 15 May 2017, 20:01

i hope at widnes he settles down and gets his problems sorted out a brilliant talent on the field and a nice lad to chat to off .good luck rangi and a big thank you

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 15 May 2017, 20:06

He needs to get away from Castleford. While I'm sure he loves the club and won't be feeling too great at the prospect of not playing for us again a new start away from here might be all that he needs.

It's a shame that Rangi has left the club this way, when he rejoined Cas the smile returned and he really looked to be enjoying himself, unfortunately the off field issues have put a downer on this and it's not to be.

I hope he does well at Widnes, get back into that form we all know he's capable of and gets all the help needed off the field.

All the best for the future Rangi :clap:
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 15 May 2017, 20:29

Properly gutted but was inevitable really I suppose.

I just hope we're on the look out for another couple of bodies. We're seriously short on numbers and now, with no sign of a return for Holmes or Patrick and heavily reliant on our good look on the injury front continuing.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 15 May 2017, 20:40

Its a shame very talented player and could produce magic for cas but in the end i thinks its best decision for everyone,good luck to him for the future and hope he does well but it would be nice for us to get a few bodies added to are squad for next year.

CasTiger7

Post by CasTiger7 » 15 May 2017, 20:43

Pretty upset by this news, although it was inevitable.

He looked to have integrated himself back in well and the smile seemed to have returned, he looked to be playing with a true happiness and love for the game.

All the best in the future Rangi, you'll always be welcome at Cas.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 15 May 2017, 20:44

On his day a world beater,provided more moments of pure magic than any other player it has been my good fortune to watch.
You go with the good wishes of most if not all Cas fans.
Remember that fact on any future dark days.
I hope you get plenty of game time and provide Widnes supporters with some dazzling displays.
Good luck for the future both on and of the field.
Take care of yourself and those you love.
Thank you for those your breath taking skills which will long in the memories of the Wheldon Road faithful.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 15 May 2017, 20:59

Releasing Rangi is the only course of action the club could have done, sorry to say it but the lad does not learn from his mistakes its obvious that booze and Rangi don't mix, all the best to him and his FAMILY for the future,

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 15 May 2017, 21:17

I was expecting it and thought it would be the best. But hard to not feel upset at this. He really looked happy when he was on the pitch. But hopefully getting away from Cas fev Pontefract is the best thing.
Just hope widnes give he the support he needs.
Think this is the best outcome for both club and player

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 15 May 2017, 22:27

Like most others, a little upset at how it's turned out, but maybe for the best all round. I really hope it works out for Rangi and I wish him and his family all the very best for the future, and hope that he can address and sort any problems out that he has and gets all the support he needs. All the best Rangi.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 15 May 2017, 22:32

lidds wrote:I was expecting it and thought it would be the best. But hard to not feel upset at this. He really looked happy when he was on the pitch. But hopefully getting away from Cas fev Pontefract is the best thing.
Just hope widnes give he the support he needs.
Think this is the best outcome for both club and player
I'm only speculating, but I would suspect that Cas have made an offer Rangi couldn't refuse..go on loan or face dismissal. At least this way Rangi saves face and is not cast aside by the game. I for one hope he succeeds at Widnes, they both deserve some good fortune, after they've played Cas of course without Rangi.

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: ...waiting at the gates to the promised land, that being Glasshoughton.....well near to there now.

Post by cvtiger » 15 May 2017, 22:45

Sad day, Rangi you brought joy to me when you played in the amber and black.
Good luck fella x
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 15 May 2017, 23:09

Rangi's main problem was Rangi himself. Hopefully regular game time will help him. Great player who did some things on the field nobody in the game could do. There were times when 'his' plays were worth the entry fee alone. All the best.