Rangi Gone

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Rangi Gone

Post by lidds » 15 May 2017, 21:17

I was expecting it and thought it would be the best. But hard to not feel upset at this. He really looked happy when he was on the pitch. But hopefully getting away from Cas fev Pontefract is the best thing.
Just hope widnes give he the support he needs.
Think this is the best outcome for both club and player

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 15 May 2017, 22:27

Like most others, a little upset at how it's turned out, but maybe for the best all round. I really hope it works out for Rangi and I wish him and his family all the very best for the future, and hope that he can address and sort any problems out that he has and gets all the support he needs. All the best Rangi.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 15 May 2017, 22:32

lidds wrote:I was expecting it and thought it would be the best. But hard to not feel upset at this. He really looked happy when he was on the pitch. But hopefully getting away from Cas fev Pontefract is the best thing.
Just hope widnes give he the support he needs.
Think this is the best outcome for both club and player
I'm only speculating, but I would suspect that Cas have made an offer Rangi couldn't refuse..go on loan or face dismissal. At least this way Rangi saves face and is not cast aside by the game. I for one hope he succeeds at Widnes, they both deserve some good fortune, after they've played Cas of course without Rangi.

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: ...waiting at the gates to the promised land, that being Glasshoughton.....well near to there now.

Post by cvtiger » 15 May 2017, 22:45

Sad day, Rangi you brought joy to me when you played in the amber and black.
Good luck fella x
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 15 May 2017, 23:09

Rangi's main problem was Rangi himself. Hopefully regular game time will help him. Great player who did some things on the field nobody in the game could do. There were times when 'his' plays were worth the entry fee alone. All the best.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 15 May 2017, 23:49

Rangi first time round was exceptional but I feel second time around he was trying too hard to emulate his former days and yes there were flashes of brilliance but trying too hard stopped his natural flow as he was caught with the ball a number of times and his kicking game wasn't all that good, however he didn't get enough game time to slot in properly either so that was against him. I do hope he can settle his demons and going to Widnes, who are in dire need of inspiration, lays the perfect platform for him to hopefully achieve his goals and be treated like a star like us lot did. Top players are prone to depression after there career has finished, some more than others and I think Rangi may be already drifting into this before he has even finished in trying to stay at the top of his game - I think he will need a lot of attention and keeping an eye out for him within the Widnes camp but once his career has finally come to an end, I do hope he can find something that will keep him happy and out of any depression. Does make me worry for him though with what's been going on with him these past few months as we all know what depressed people can do to the extreme and hope there is counselling ready if this starts to materialise.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 16 May 2017, 00:20

gave us some fantastic moments especially the 1st time around and I wish him all the best for the future.
hate to say it but all his problems started when cuckoocash waved the cheque book and paraded rangi like a pimp would.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 16 May 2017, 00:32

Not exactly a surprise but a massive shame it has turned out like this. Getting away from the area is for the best though and hopefully he can get his life back on track whilst still playing the game he loves. Thanks for the good times Rangi and good luck.

Le Van
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Le Van » 16 May 2017, 07:06

To be honest I always thought that the Rangi signing was a double edged sword. ..... to help Rangi sort his life round and also to give Benn Roberts a kick up the arris especially with the squad numbers announcement and Bennys tweeted reply

At least one of them worked

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 May 2017, 08:22

Le Van wrote:To be honest I always thought that the Rangi signing was a double edged sword. ..... to help Rangi sort his life round and also to give Benn Roberts a kick up the arris especially with the squad numbers announcement and Bennys tweeted reply

At least one of them worked
No doubt Roberts will be No 6 next year then

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 May 2017, 08:45

As moley said on other thread we got trueman and mclelland i know there highly regarded tom holmes roberts and gale ..we can strengthen now in other posistions ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 16 May 2017, 09:26

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: really sad it has turned out this way. if he truly wanted to things could have turned out differently. he said he loved cas but his actions proved otherwise. for every action there is a consequence, and rangis actions brought bad consequences unfortunatley for himself and the club and town. everybody on here is probally gutted including myself that he didnt repay daryls faith in him. this has happened at salford, leigh and castleford. castleford as a club could not let rangi continue on a path like he was on any longer if they was to retain any credability. now he has 2 choices he can knuckle down and rescue his last couple of years in rugby or he can continue the path he has been on these last few years. i truly hope rangi that you get help you need and prove to yourself and family that you turned your life and rugby around and made everybody proud of you once again. good luck rangi and thanks for some magical moments

Shameless
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shameless » 16 May 2017, 09:53

I'm pleased Cas were able to offer Rangi the chance to get fit and fall in love with the game again. Probably too many easy traps to fall into around his old stomping ground so a new Club is probably best for both parties.

Cas have lived up to their billing and as a supportive and family/player orientated club and Rangi is fit and raring to go again. Win-win. Good luck Rangi, hopefully may fiver on you for MoS is still an outside shot.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 16 May 2017, 10:19

A sad day. A truly unplayable player in his day. So much so that even his team didn't know what he was going to do. He was our x factor.

I think we've done the right thing. To win we have to be ultra professional.

Thanks for the memories Rangi good luck with the future.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 16 May 2017, 10:34

If Rangi thinks the club have helped him with his mental health issues, then he may be a good character witness for the club within the Solomona case who may claim otherwise ! Just a thought here !

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 16 May 2017, 10:47

I'm sure in our dotage we will recall Rangi with a smile think ourselves lucky to witness such magic. All the best Mr Chase.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

terminaldecline
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by terminaldecline » 16 May 2017, 10:59

CasRus wrote:If Rangi thinks the club have helped him with his mental health issues, then he may be a good character witness for the club within the Solomona case who may claim otherwise ! Just a thought here !
I think the club has helped Rangi, and his comments from just before joining Cas compared with now are a testament to that. He's got back to enjoying Rugby. but at most, the club can only provide an environment and platform for Rangi to help himself. All the hard work has got to be done by Rangi himself.

Hopefully instead of it being a threat, Cas sending him out to Widnes is so that he can get game time and keep him focused on that, rather than too much free time on his hands and living inside his own head for too long.

I hope he gets to some kind of recovery (whether as a person or a rugby player) and that the environment at Cas has helped him in some small way

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 May 2017, 13:22

Thanks Randog, thoroughly enjoyed you sublime skills in the black and amber and I truly wish you all the best for your future.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Darnsarf

Post by Darnsarf » 16 May 2017, 15:25

SuffolkTiger wrote:Sadness is my overriding emotion about this.

He could have been a club legend but it feels a real waste of a rare and exceptional talent.

I wish him well both in the remainder of his playing career and the rest of his life.

Thanks Rangi - at times you glittered like the brightest star.

Stay well fella.
This. Heartbroken.
Thank you & good luck from the whole Tigers community.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 17 May 2017, 20:14

Mr XP wrote:On loan for the rest Of The season to widnes, no recall clause and no contract for next year.

I wish him well and just wish he could have knuckled down and fought for his place in the team.

Probably the best outcome for the club. Not sure about the player though.
Would he be here next year if he had no off the field issues I wonder ?