Rangi Gone

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Rangi Gone

Post by corvusxiii » 16 May 2017, 10:47

I'm sure in our dotage we will recall Rangi with a smile think ourselves lucky to witness such magic. All the best Mr Chase.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

terminaldecline
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by terminaldecline » 16 May 2017, 10:59

CasRus wrote:If Rangi thinks the club have helped him with his mental health issues, then he may be a good character witness for the club within the Solomona case who may claim otherwise ! Just a thought here !
I think the club has helped Rangi, and his comments from just before joining Cas compared with now are a testament to that. He's got back to enjoying Rugby. but at most, the club can only provide an environment and platform for Rangi to help himself. All the hard work has got to be done by Rangi himself.

Hopefully instead of it being a threat, Cas sending him out to Widnes is so that he can get game time and keep him focused on that, rather than too much free time on his hands and living inside his own head for too long.

I hope he gets to some kind of recovery (whether as a person or a rugby player) and that the environment at Cas has helped him in some small way

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 May 2017, 13:22

Thanks Randog, thoroughly enjoyed you sublime skills in the black and amber and I truly wish you all the best for your future.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Darnsarf

Post by Darnsarf » 16 May 2017, 15:25

SuffolkTiger wrote:Sadness is my overriding emotion about this.

He could have been a club legend but it feels a real waste of a rare and exceptional talent.

I wish him well both in the remainder of his playing career and the rest of his life.

Thanks Rangi - at times you glittered like the brightest star.

Stay well fella.
This. Heartbroken.
Thank you & good luck from the whole Tigers community.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 17 May 2017, 20:14

Mr XP wrote:On loan for the rest Of The season to widnes, no recall clause and no contract for next year.

I wish him well and just wish he could have knuckled down and fought for his place in the team.

Probably the best outcome for the club. Not sure about the player though.
Would he be here next year if he had no off the field issues I wonder ?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 May 2017, 10:17

fords wrote:
Mr XP wrote:On loan for the rest Of The season to widnes, no recall clause and no contract for next year.

I wish him well and just wish he could have knuckled down and fought for his place in the team.

Probably the best outcome for the club. Not sure about the player though.
Would he be here next year if he had no off the field issues I wonder ?
I think he would and then retired here. Maybe getting some coaches badges.

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 18 May 2017, 12:02

Gutted that he's leaving although understand why, been amazing watching Rangdog play for us, will never forget the look on his face just a few weeks ago when he chased the ball to the line with the last kick of the game, didnt score punched the ground, as he got to his feet all the fans at the railway end and corner of Princess Street as one started cheering for him, he looked so so happy.

Much loved by my family and from the bottom of our hearts we wish you all the best in whatever you do, you will always be welcome back in whatever fashion that may be.

Show them Widnes fans 'the magic'!

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 18 May 2017, 13:14

Really sad how it as all turned out and I had hoped Cas as a club who takes care of its players would have continued to support him through his problems.
Hope as the season unfolds we don't have posters coming on here saying " if only we had Rangi maybe we would have won that"
All the best Rangi and thanks for all the moments of magic you have given us and I for one will never forget how you carried us for a few years and your magical skills always made sure people never wanted to miss a chance to see you in action, worth the admission money alone.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 18 May 2017, 20:48

I for one defended Rangi when the story broke about him at Fev, thinking he wouldn't do anything so stupid.
After listening to a landlord of a village pub saying he was out of his head last Thursday in his pub and asked him to leave, my defence of him was shattered. Why would someone given a 2nd chance at a club he begged to come back and play for, would let the club down in a big way. This is no rumour,also the story of him being smashed again in Pontefract after the Huddersfield game (although not documented) is also a fact. The club gave him a chance, with help of his team-mates, and he let everyone down including the fans, some who idolised him.

Le Van
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Le Van » 18 May 2017, 22:23

fast hands wrote:I for one defended Rangi when the story broke about him at Fev, thinking he wouldn't do anything so stupid.
After listening to a landlord of a village pub saying he was out of his head last Thursday in his pub and asked him to leave, my defence of him was shattered. Why would someone given a 2nd chance at a club he begged to come back and play for, would let the club down in a big way. This is no rumour,also the story of him being smashed again in Pontefract after the Huddersfield game (although not documented) is also a fact. The club gave him a chance, with help of his team-mates, and he let everyone down including the fans, some who idolised him.
I totally agree FH the guy was given a second chance and didn't take it.

If it was me I would have thought there's something special happening here in the next few years and I wanna be part of it, if it takes 2 years of sacrifice of not going out on the lash I'm gonna do it just to be part of it.

Instead he did what he always did and put Rangi first. ....

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 18 May 2017, 22:26

off topic but Carney has gone to Hull KR too. What could have been of Chase and Carney aye if they kept clean.

Hull KR will be making a good push for promotion against the likes of Leigh and Widnes in the middle 8s.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 May 2017, 22:34

Like I've said before, you can help someone who wants to help themselves. Rangi didn't want it enough, apparently. I hope it works for him at Widnes, but I can't see it.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 May 2017, 22:50

Hes playing well enough to help keep widnes in super league but unless he as a complete life change its only a matter of time till he appears in a widnes night spot with some blokes women and they will have to deal with what we had to deal with
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 19 May 2017, 09:09

Normy-Tiger wrote:off topic but Carney has gone to Hull KR too. What could have been of Chase and Carney aye if they kept clean.

Hull KR will be making a good push for promotion against the likes of Leigh and Widnes in the middle 8s.
Carney didnt really let the club down though like Rangi has .
Yes he made a big mistake which ultimately cost him his Cas career but what he did was only immoral not illegal .

Edit : I mean the incident whilst at Cas , not the one hes banned for now , theres no place for racial abuse in our game .

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 19 May 2017, 09:44

takethetwo wrote:
Normy-Tiger wrote:off topic but Carney has gone to Hull KR too. What could have been of Chase and Carney aye if they kept clean.

Yes he made a big mistake which ultimately cost him his Cas career but what he did was only immoral not illegal .

Edit : I mean the incident whilst at Cas , not the one hes banned for now , theres no place for racial abuse in our game .
It's interesting though that there is, apparently, a place for racial abuse in our Game, at HKR, if it is the case that Salford are taking the moral high ground and getting rid of Justin. HKR appear to accept his racial abuse and give him a job. Although the RFL felt it worth a long ban, Salford distance themselves but HKR employ him. Double standards for me.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 19 May 2017, 10:58

cogito ergo sum wrote:
takethetwo wrote:

It's interesting though that there is, apparently, a place for racial abuse in our Game, at HKR, if it is the case that Salford are taking the moral high ground and getting rid of Justin. HKR appear to accept his racial abuse and give him a job. Although the RFL felt it worth a long ban, Salford distance themselves but HKR employ him. Double standards for me.
Each to their own I suppose. HKR look like they'll do whatever it takes to get back into SL.

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 19 May 2017, 12:33

takethetwo wrote:

Not sure I agree with your first sentence. For me what Carney did while at Cas is worse than what Rangi has done.

Rangi has an issue with causing himself trouble while away from the ground. Not letting Cas down but causing himself bother.

Carney to me disrespected fellow players and caused agro between the lads. What he did cant be forgiven. From a mate to a mate its something that you just dont do, yet Carney chose to do it anyway.