Do we need to sign anybody ?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Do we need to sign anybody ?

Post by The Firm » 16 May 2017, 13:44

init wrote:Prop is the next recruit for me..Lynchy on his way it makes sense..would love it to be this year but expect it for next season...

Think Gadwin will get a couple more shots but is rapidily dropping down the pecking order and when Patrick is fit falls even further behind....I thought this year he would start, with Lynchy making cameo apperances but he is being chosen so says something about the way dp sees things.

Wouldnt surprise me if a couple of props arrive the lads on loan dont appear to be making too much impact with dp even when lynchy n springer were not working he preferred to promote millington and moors.

Mcgillvary would be on my target list also giving dp time to slot minikin into centre as replacement for webbo after next year.

That would be about it for me...rest of the team sorted

Halves are sorted even when benny is injured...i like holmes and to be honest think he would have taken Rangis back up spot next year.
I wouldn't be surprised if Springer isn't with us next year. And yes i know he signed a new contract not long back.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 May 2017, 19:55

If we are looking for recruits, and the way the Samoan contingent are performing I would be looking to see if there were any more Samoans that are worth a contract,you cant fault the three we have

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 May 2017, 20:06

I don't think we need Carney. Minikin and Eden are the top tryscorers in the league. Shelton and Webster two of the best centres. Not sure who we would drop to accommodate Carney, and we can't afford another player taking up a quota spot and not playing.
Long term, a prop to replace Lynch is important. I'd be looking at Sam Moa, who just doesn't seem to be performing at Catalans (do any of their imports ever do well, apart from Menzies?).

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 16 May 2017, 21:31

Id like to go for fifita from wakey he fits our style of play and a strong runner or id like to sign a player from penrith panthers called Leilani Latu,watched him in nrl and he reminds me of junior moors way he plays

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 16 May 2017, 22:03

Bolton-tiger wrote:Id like to go for fifita from wakey he fits our style of play and a strong runner or id like to sign a player from penrith panthers called Leilani Latu,watched him in nrl and he reminds me of junior moors way he plays
Would like to see what magic powell could work on fafita think he could be a cracking signing for us but can't see Wakefield letting him go?

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 16 May 2017, 23:11

We need go forward and a big unit
Alex Walmsley would be my target

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 May 2017, 08:22

If only we could find another Denis Hartley, in the mean time lets hope Gadwin shows the desire for the game as he did before securing another contract, we have three props out on loan if we are down on props these lads should have a go

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 17 May 2017, 09:07

May not get many takers on here, but, I think we could do worse than having a look at Gil Dudson at Widnes.

He's getting to the age where props start to come into their best years, he's got a good offload, sound defensively - probably needs to up his fitness a bit but that's easily overcome with a decent pre-season.

As a replacement for Lynch, he doesn't need to be the flashy type of forward like Millo or Moors, just one who does the hard graft.

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 17 May 2017, 09:17

What?? Dudson has to be one of the worst props in Super League, I really do wonder if people watch this game before they post such nonsense.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 May 2017, 09:24

Dudson, not for me he might be big but that's as far as it goes if we are being silly and think its only size we need can we ask Earl Crabtree to come out of retirement

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 17 May 2017, 09:43

Jonny1975 wrote:What?? Dudson has to be one of the worst props in Super League, I really do wonder if people watch this game before they post such nonsense.
This is a discussion forum. Have some respect.

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 17 May 2017, 09:55

A few years ago Dudson really looked like he could have been the next walmsley/hill/amor sadly he hasn't kicked on, for me cuthbertson at Leeds would be an ideal signing for us, a big ball handling prop who can do big minutes seems to be DP 's mantra

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 17 May 2017, 10:12

Taylor at hull, kopczak at Salford

They'd be targets but I can't see either leaving or being allowed to.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 May 2017, 12:32

mart0042 wrote:Taylor at hull, kopczak at Salford

They'd be targets but I can't see either leaving or being allowed to.
Kopczak has just signed a long term deal at Salford

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 17 May 2017, 12:44

The Fox wrote:May not get many takers on here, but, I think we could do worse than having a look at Gil Dudson at Widnes.

He's getting to the age where props start to come into their best years, he's got a good offload, sound defensively - probably needs to up his fitness a bit but that's easily overcome with a decent pre-season.

As a replacement for Lynch, he doesn't need to be the flashy type of forward like Millo or Moors, just one who does the hard graft.
I also think Dudson is a player that Darryl could get something out of, he's a good ball carrier always gets over the advantage line, and makes some strong contact in defence, as well as playing good minutes.

Only downside is he is a local lad from that side of the Pennines so that could be an issue and no idea what his contract arrangements are.

Would fit the bill for me.

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 17 May 2017, 12:56

gateman wrote:Dudson, not for me he might be big but that's as far as it goes if we are being silly and think its only size we need can we ask Earl Crabtree to come out of retirement
Not once in my previous post did I mention size!! So where did that comment come from??

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 17 May 2017, 13:00

Jonny1975 wrote:What?? Dudson has to be one of the worst props in Super League, I really do wonder if people watch this game before they post such nonsense.
Well that's me told then!!

If 1975 refers to your birth year then I think with all certainty that I will have played in and watched far more games than you will have, so less of your condescending attitude thank you.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 17 May 2017, 13:35

Dudson is not that bad a player and I think DP would make him into a top forward easily with a little more fitness, strength and conditioning and fitting into the routines of Cas play, so he could fit the bill but it all depends on any player chosen to have the right attitude to commit and conform irrespective of their potential. You can clearly see that Cas players are totally committed to each other as a team and are oozing enjoyment in their play giving them the confidence to carry out their routines and are always looking to please and reward the Cas Fans fantastic backing which irrepressibly rubs off on them that then makes them even more committed ! - This all adds up to as a huge contributor to success. Coming back to Dudson, yes I would have him as I see potential not fully exploited within him yet.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 17 May 2017, 13:40

if players come on the market and dp wants them at the club im sure the board will do all they can to bring them to the club

IN DP WE TRUST
----------------------

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 May 2017, 14:42

Sorry to the FOX, I honestly did not post to ruffle any ones feathers, but having watched Dudson only this week this lad is not for me, as far as age I was born in 1939