Do we need to sign anybody ?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Do we need to sign anybody ?

Post by The Fox » 17 May 2017, 12:56

gateman wrote:Dudson, not for me he might be big but that's as far as it goes if we are being silly and think its only size we need can we ask Earl Crabtree to come out of retirement
Not once in my previous post did I mention size!! So where did that comment come from??

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 17 May 2017, 13:00

Jonny1975 wrote:What?? Dudson has to be one of the worst props in Super League, I really do wonder if people watch this game before they post such nonsense.
Well that's me told then!!

If 1975 refers to your birth year then I think with all certainty that I will have played in and watched far more games than you will have, so less of your condescending attitude thank you.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 17 May 2017, 13:35

Dudson is not that bad a player and I think DP would make him into a top forward easily with a little more fitness, strength and conditioning and fitting into the routines of Cas play, so he could fit the bill but it all depends on any player chosen to have the right attitude to commit and conform irrespective of their potential. You can clearly see that Cas players are totally committed to each other as a team and are oozing enjoyment in their play giving them the confidence to carry out their routines and are always looking to please and reward the Cas Fans fantastic backing which irrepressibly rubs off on them that then makes them even more committed ! - This all adds up to as a huge contributor to success. Coming back to Dudson, yes I would have him as I see potential not fully exploited within him yet.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 17 May 2017, 13:40

if players come on the market and dp wants them at the club im sure the board will do all they can to bring them to the club

IN DP WE TRUST
----------------------

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 May 2017, 14:42

Sorry to the FOX, I honestly did not post to ruffle any ones feathers, but having watched Dudson only this week this lad is not for me, as far as age I was born in 1939

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 17 May 2017, 16:16

A class threequarter, jake and monners are coming towards the end, lose one of shenton, minnikin or eden for the season and we're severely stretched. I know mcmeeken can do a job in the centre, but surely a bit of cover wouldn't go amiss.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 17 May 2017, 17:11

I would like to get Evelds From Salford, hes a class player, he can cover the loss of Monaghan, to cover on the wing, and cover for fullback. I think he is out of contract, at the end of the season.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 17 May 2017, 17:13

Spanishtiger wrote:A class threequarter, jake and monners are coming towards the end, lose one of shenton, minnikin or eden for the season and we're severely stretched. I know mcmeeken can do a job in the centre, but surely a bit of cover wouldn't go amiss.
Don't we have cover with Gill, Egodo and Crooks possibly returning next season? We can't spend a huge chunk of our cap just on a back up plan.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 May 2017, 18:59

Gill and Egodo are still very much unproven. While they have looked OK for Oldham, it's a different kettle of fish in Super League.

Egodo is still very much a project and I'd like to see him get some game time at a top end Championship club if we can at some point. Same with Gill.

But we do need a replacement for Hitchcox and Monaghan should they both go.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Dirk Diggler
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dirk Diggler » 17 May 2017, 19:44

As the season rolls on there will always be areas within a squad where it could be said better quality in depth would be benificial, be that through injury or loss of form.

As much as I am an admirer of Rangi's on field talent and skills, that ship has now sailed and as much as I would have loved to have seen a fairytale in Rangi recapturing his form of the first stint at Cas, alas that was not meant to be.

Looking at the squad at this moment, I feel that we are well covered in the halves, Gayle and Roberts pencilled in as first on the team sheet if fit with Holmes and McShane to deputise.

My thoughts are that another hooker would boost us, Milner is looking awesome and rejuvenated in his new role in the back of our pack.

I know he's under contract but just a thought, does everyone else think Daz Clark would fit seamlessly into our team at the moment? Playing DP's philosophy of shackles off rugby, if you see a play go for it rather than the structured way of Tony Smith that IMO has stifled Daz's potency and strike power.

On the forwards front, here's hoping Patrick makes a return in June. He will feel like a new signing.
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 17 May 2017, 22:00

Sharlotiger wrote:
Spanishtiger wrote:A class threequarter, jake and monners are coming towards the end, lose one of shenton, minnikin or eden for the season and we're severely stretched. I know mcmeeken can do a job in the centre, but surely a bit of cover wouldn't go amiss.
Don't we have cover with Gill, Egodo and Crooks possibly returning next season? We can't spend a huge chunk of our cap just on a back up plan.
I was talking about this season, our best chance to win summat since SL started. Granted there's only so much cash to spend but with rangi off the roster we ought to bring in someone to cover the backline, a couple of injuries and we would have to recall players from oldham with zero SL experience. To me that's the only hole in our squad atm.

COYF

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 17 May 2017, 22:26

if it was possible I would go for Ikahihifo at Hudds - makes a ton of yards for a prop and is the top in tackle busts.

and playing in a really poor team at that.

Dont know when his contract is up but signed in may 2016 and would guess a 2 year so may be up at the end of this campaign.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 18 May 2017, 00:01

iv'e no doubt that DP will have irons in the fire to cover every position and probably more.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 May 2017, 07:14

init wrote:if it was possible I would go for Ikahihifo at Hudds - makes a ton of yards for a prop and is the top in tackle busts.

Dont know when his contract is up but signed in may 2016 and would guess a 2 year so may be up at the end of this campaign.
If it's two years it will be 2018, which is next. ;)

But he signed a 2 and a half year deal which means he is tied up until end of 2018.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 May 2017, 08:36

Daz Clark, would be a great signing but there is no way Warrington would release him he as stood out in an underperforming Warrington and I think that they have just extended his contract, this season if injuries necessitate our out on loan players should be given a go, We will never know whether they can make the step unless they are given their chance

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 18 May 2017, 08:54

Haven't gone through all the posts so sorry if this has already been mentioned but what about Ben Jones-Bishop from Wakey? I believe he's out of contract at the end of the season although rumours Hull are after him but Wakey have offered a contract that would make him their highest earner.

Would be excellent replacement for Monners and seems to be back to his best now he's back in W Yorks. If Hull rumours are true then no doubt would be very tempting for him but he does seem to like being near home and presume would know Powell from his Leeds days coming through the system?

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 May 2017, 08:59

WallTiger wrote:Haven't gone through all the posts so sorry if this has already been mentioned but what about Ben Jones-Bishop from Wakey? I believe he's out of contract at the end of the season although rumours Hull are after him but Wakey have offered a contract that would make him their highest earner.

Would be excellent replacement for Monners and seems to be back to his best now he's back in W Yorks. If Hull rumours are true then no doubt would be very tempting for him but he does seem to like being near home and presume would know Powell from his Leeds days coming through the system?
I'd take Jones-Bishop but not if he wants too much money. We have Minikin and Eden who are both better. However, BJB can play on either wing and at ful-back so would give us some very good cover.
I suspect he will go to Hull FC. They need at least one winger next year so will be willing to pay more than us.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 18 May 2017, 09:01

I wouldnt mind another hooker to spell Mcshane , and play milner at Loose permanantly .

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 May 2017, 10:03

Fumper27 wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Taylor at hull, kopczak at Salford

They'd be targets but I can't see either leaving or being allowed to.
Kopczak has just signed a long term deal at Salford
Taylor is on a contract at hull but certainly 2 which would take us forward.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 May 2017, 10:08

init wrote:if it was possible I would go for Ikahihifo at Hudds - makes a ton of yards for a prop and is the top in tackle busts.

Didn't rate him at the start, but remember do gone posting on here that he would be a star. Its taken him a while but hee looking like class now. Love Murdoch-massila at Salford as well.