Everyone Loves Cas.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Everyone Loves Cas.

Post by casjunction » 16 May 2017, 15:43

Gosh we are the media darlings.
The BBC presenter described us as the most entertaining team in any sport in Britain and everyone's second favourite team.
Daryl is odds on favourite to become Coach to The Lions.
Other teams and their fans love our ground!
Although not the result!
We must win coach ,team and MOS .
Sweet Caroline will hopefully be ringing around Wembley this season.
COYF

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Everyone Loves Cas.

Post by old cas lass » 16 May 2017, 16:15

Don't want to sound negative, but, let's keep our feet on the ground.
Yes it's nice having all the accolades just now, but we haven't won anything just yet.
If we keep doing what we are doing and we don't have a massive injury crisis, then the skies the limit.

Big game Sunday, let's get through that and see where it leads to.
Not sure why, maybe I've seen to many come downs in my near 60yrs of watching, I still have a niggling feeling it could all come tumbling down around us.
Hope I'm wrong and we put a big score on the loiners Sunday.

#COYF

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 May 2017, 16:26

I know what you mean. I'm not getting carried away and just enjoying the ride but I've just started to get a little nervous around squad size and there was something special about having a spare international half back who was a club legend.
I'm usually thought of as being on the rose tinted side of things but I agree we shouldn't get too carried away just yet. Enjoy the moment though!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 May 2017, 16:37

Bet other fans sick of hearing how good cas are ..like leeds ,they will wont to stuff us good and proper sunday
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 16 May 2017, 16:41

tigerfeat wrote:Bet other fans sick of hearing how good cas are ..like leeds ,they will wont to stuff us good and proper sunday
Lesser teams like to do that, it's their cup final

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 16 May 2017, 17:15

We haven't won the club of the year award for quite a few years. We must be due that one as well.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 16 May 2017, 17:25

I've actually seen the opposite of everyone loving cas - it seems that many fans, particularly Wigan and Hull FC fans, are upset that Cas are getting more attention than them.

On one thread on facebook some fan page gave Cas "team of the week" for our game against Saints, and the Hull fans were crying that they nilled Catalans. I'm actually surprised by the bitterness of Hull fans as we normally have a good rapport with them.

As for Wigan fans, well they're always arrogant self centred bar stewards, and I honestly hope we win a trophy this year and they don't so we can revel in their salty tears.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 16 May 2017, 17:26

I'm getting sick of pretty much everyone praising the way Cas play but then following it up by talking about how poor the other team was.

Every big win Cas have had, fans/media have followed it up with "but X were shocking!" because there's no possible way they were forced into making mistakes or being made to look poor...

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 16 May 2017, 17:37

Squaddie86 wrote:I've actually seen the opposite of everyone loving cas - it seems that many fans, particularly Wigan and Hull FC fans, are upset that Cas are getting more attention than them.

On one thread on facebook some fan page gave Cas "team of the week" for our game against Saints, and the Hull fans were crying that they nilled Catalans. I'm actually surprised by the bitterness of Hull fans as we normally have a good rapport with them.

As for Wigan fans, well they're always arrogant self centred bar stewards, and I honestly hope we win a trophy this year and they don't so we can revel in their salty tears.
Really? I've always found them to be knobheads! Proper delusions of grandeur since moving from the boulevard to the kc. Must just be the ones I've had the misfortune of bumping into!
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 16 May 2017, 17:44

The British have always loved the underdog. The trouble is that when you're on top, everyone else is an underdog. It's better where we are, I'm sick of being the underdog.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 16 May 2017, 18:43

Entertaining yes
Won anything - nope
Keep our feet on the ground until we open the trophy cabinet and put in a bit of tin.

We'll be knocked and belittled until we win something. Then the likes of Leeds and Wigan will chip in with "flash in the pan" "only won it once"

Keep chipping away at it and see where our roller-coaster season leads.

Keep at the task and stay humble

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 16 May 2017, 21:33

Tigerade wrote:We haven't won the club of the year award for quite a few years. We must be due that one as well.
Don't you have to assault another clubs mascott to get awarded that one?! :? :?

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 16 May 2017, 21:38

TheSheriff wrote:I'm getting sick of pretty much everyone praising the way Cas play but then following it up by talking about how poor the other team was.

Every big win Cas have had, fans/media have followed it up with "but X were shocking!" because there's no possible way they were forced into making mistakes or being made to look poor...
Thats the one that gets to me. I normally couldn't give a monkeys what other people/fans say about us, but this and the 'tiny pitch' rubbish is really starting to grate a little now

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 16 May 2017, 21:47

It's always been the same. If we win or do well people are waiting in the wings to take the mick when we fail. Or make fun of us just been a small town in Wakefield.

I'm proud of where I'm from and I'm proud of the town. We rose up from near extinction to this and like our song says good times never felt so good. Enjoy it now and hopefully this is just the beginning.

Dave Sideshow

Post by Dave Sideshow » 16 May 2017, 21:52

You cannot deny that watching Cas at home this season has been truly entertaining. We have seen some great tries (Roberts kick through for Minikin on Saturday being one) and in games we thought might be close (Wigan, Saints, Leeds) we have scored over 50 points in each game.

However, the reality remains. If we lose our next two games we could well go from top to fourth! For me, the team to beat will be Hull but if we keep playing as we are and the Jungle remains a fortress then we will win something! :dance:

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 16 May 2017, 22:06

tallguyx wrote:It's always been the same. If we win or do well people are waiting in the wings to take the mick when we fail. Or make fun of us just been a small town in Wakefield.

I'm proud of where I'm from and I'm proud of the town. We rose up from near extinction to this and like our song says good times never felt so good. Enjoy it now and hopefully this is just the beginning.
I'm not from Cas had no connection to Rugby League until my now father in law took me to my first game almost forty years ago.
This for me has thus far been the most entertaining ,exciting ,exhilarating rugby l have had the privilege of watching.
So l am reveling in the moment.
There are always the what ifs l know there are plenty of potential hurdles.
However my cup remains half full,hopefully overflowing by the end of the season.
I am so proud of our club and there will always be dissenters however ok everyone may not love us but they certainly admire us and wish their team played as well as Cas.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 17 May 2017, 00:04

derbystiger wrote:
Tigerade wrote:We haven't won the club of the year award for quite a few years. We must be due that one as well.
Don't you have to assault another clubs mascott to get awarded that one?! :? :?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 17 May 2017, 01:09

Thing is we have all met with Pie fans, Loiners etc whose team having transcended mere sport has endowed that fan with a knowledge and arrogance befitting their status. Don't be like them. It's sport and entertainment. Only.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 17 May 2017, 08:48

I am crossing everything that the wheels don't fall off the season. I have met people who don't give R.L a 2nd glance tuning in to watch when we are on Sky/TV. Love that we are winning and promoting the game in a positive light :)

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 17 May 2017, 11:53

"Everyone loves Cas"......Steady on here, let's not throw this blanket over everyone. :)