Everyone Loves Cas.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Everyone Loves Cas.

Post by casjunction » 16 May 2017, 22:06

tallguyx wrote:It's always been the same. If we win or do well people are waiting in the wings to take the mick when we fail. Or make fun of us just been a small town in Wakefield.

I'm proud of where I'm from and I'm proud of the town. We rose up from near extinction to this and like our song says good times never felt so good. Enjoy it now and hopefully this is just the beginning.
I'm not from Cas had no connection to Rugby League until my now father in law took me to my first game almost forty years ago.
This for me has thus far been the most entertaining ,exciting ,exhilarating rugby l have had the privilege of watching.
So l am reveling in the moment.
There are always the what ifs l know there are plenty of potential hurdles.
However my cup remains half full,hopefully overflowing by the end of the season.
I am so proud of our club and there will always be dissenters however ok everyone may not love us but they certainly admire us and wish their team played as well as Cas.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 17 May 2017, 00:04

derbystiger wrote:
Tigerade wrote:We haven't won the club of the year award for quite a few years. We must be due that one as well.
Don't you have to assault another clubs mascott to get awarded that one?! :? :?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 17 May 2017, 01:09

Thing is we have all met with Pie fans, Loiners etc whose team having transcended mere sport has endowed that fan with a knowledge and arrogance befitting their status. Don't be like them. It's sport and entertainment. Only.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 17 May 2017, 08:48

I am crossing everything that the wheels don't fall off the season. I have met people who don't give R.L a 2nd glance tuning in to watch when we are on Sky/TV. Love that we are winning and promoting the game in a positive light :)

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 17 May 2017, 11:53

"Everyone loves Cas"......Steady on here, let's not throw this blanket over everyone. :)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 May 2017, 12:07

even if some people dont like to see cas on top to be officially taking most fans to the newcastle weekend from a town of 40 odd thousand we have to be the success story of sport never mind rugby league in recent times
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 17 May 2017, 12:16

Many of us on here have been through the bad times with our club and I for one don't believe you can throw the "only sing when you're winning" tag at us but for me we are still only in the position of enjoying the good times which, as already stated, "never felt so good".

As with the good and bad times, we just need to ride all the comments thrown our way, whatever they may be.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 17 May 2017, 12:18

tigerfeat wrote:even if some people dont like to see cas on top to be officially taking most fans to the newcastle weekend from a town of 40 odd thousand we have to be the success story of sport never mind rugby league in recent times
You taking more than Hull, Leeds and Wigan? Impressive.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 May 2017, 12:25

according to cas website mate yeah
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 17 May 2017, 12:41

That is some sales.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 17 May 2017, 13:46

I think it's the most of the Sunday teams Hull is the only team taking more but they are a Saturday team.

matt_casfan
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by matt_casfan » 17 May 2017, 13:47

We have overtaken Hull.

Wildie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Wildie » 17 May 2017, 14:20

matt_casfan wrote:We have overtaken Hull.
We had over 4,000 as of last weekend, so would expect that to rise again this week as it approaches. I think that number is only for those tickets bought through the club, more will have been sold via the RFL, or even walk up on the day like I know a couple of coach loads are doing

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 17 May 2017, 20:46

I live in Colchester (Essex) and work in Canary Wharf. I was chatting to a friend of mine today who I hadn't seen for a few weeks - home counties lad, working at JP Morgan also in Canary Wharf. He's now following Cas, having initially noticed them due to my obsession with them, and the fact I used to sit next to him in the office. Anyway, he said to me today "everyone's a Cas fan".... said that people are actually chatting about the team - he seemed to think it was the small town done well thing, an ethos that the home town club football fans down here subscribe to (the Watford / Layton Orient / Colchester fans etc).

Surprised me tbh, as I don't work with him any more!

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 18 May 2017, 08:36

Burratha wrote:I live in Colchester (Essex) and work in Canary Wharf. I was chatting to a friend of mine today who I hadn't seen for a few weeks - home counties lad, working at JP Morgan also in Canary Wharf. He's now following Cas, having initially noticed them due to my obsession with them, and the fact I used to sit next to him in the office. Anyway, he said to me today "everyone's a Cas fan".... said that people are actually chatting about the team - he seemed to think it was the small town done well thing, an ethos that the home town club football fans down here subscribe to (the Watford / Layton Orient / Colchester fans etc).

Surprised me tbh, as I don't work with him any more!

Canary Wharf-JP Morgan-Castleford Tigers RLFC? Don't hear this too often but this tale has really cheered me up!
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 May 2017, 10:14

They could maybe sponsor us? Big company back small town team. Plenty of cheap publicity

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 18 May 2017, 11:19

Ha... I wish. I don't work there now - I'm now at Barclays in Canary Wharf.

Good to know we're getting noticed.... although I think it's because of me constantly going on about how great we are! :D

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 May 2017, 11:51

Shouting out the good word is helpful to the club. Ego knows who might be listening. Wire have Stuart Pearce and Chris Evans as high profile supporters.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 18 May 2017, 12:09

mart0042 wrote:Shouting out the good word is helpful to the club. Ego knows who might be listening. Wire have Stuart Pearce and Chris Evans as high profile supporters.
We have Ivette Cooper and Tyrone from Corrie!

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 18 May 2017, 12:12

On a slightly different subject fans of other clubs don't seem to believe we will have as large a number of supporters at Newcastle as reported.

Think they will be in for a shock :)