Brought tears to my eyes.........

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Brought tears to my eyes.........

Post by usacas » 21 May 2017, 19:40

...... listening to the Cas fans at St. Jame's Park at the end of the game. Listening to Sweet Caroline, the noise they made to show their appreciation to the team made me proud to be a Cas fan. What a team, what fans can it get any better? Only when we win the Cup and the Grand Final. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Brought tears to my eyes.........

Post by johnson » 21 May 2017, 19:42

usacas wrote:...... listening to the Cas fans at St. Jame's Park at the end of the game. Listening to Sweet Caroline, the noise they made to show their appreciation to the team made me proud to be a Cas fan. What a team, what fans can it get any better? Only when we win the Cup and the Grand Final. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Agree!!!!

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 21 May 2017, 19:57

As Cas fans we need to enjoy this, because we are witnessing something very special here. I know this doesn't mean a certain trophy, but regardless of what may happen, we should give the guys the credit they deserve.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 21 May 2017, 20:00

Rope-a-dope! Leeds put everything into the first half and their pack had nothing left.

Our wide defence seemed a bit weak for their late tries.

Captain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Captain » 21 May 2017, 20:14

The scenes at the end looked like a home game. Completely filled that end. Smallest town of the weekend - biggest number of fans.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 21 May 2017, 20:35

usacas wrote:...... listening to the Cas fans at St. Jame's Park at the end of the game. Listening to Sweet Caroline, the noise they made to show their appreciation to the team made me proud to be a Cas fan. What a team, what fans can it get any better? Only when we win the Cup and the Grand Final. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
me too :dance: :dance:

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 21 May 2017, 20:49

Watching in tenerife so proud of the club player's and more importantly the fans looked and sounded fantastic.there's a small bar in tenerife that know a lot more about us after today. Will be back for the widnes game cant wait.something special is happening.and I need to be there

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 21 May 2017, 23:54

Special days indeed. We'll remember 2017 when even older than now!
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 22 May 2017, 08:19

I couldn't make it yesterday but when I saw the mass of Cas fans in the Gallowgare End it choked me. Take a bow everyone who made the trip and showed the RL world what support is all about.

What's happening to us this season is remarkable and emotional.

Loving every minute...

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 May 2017, 08:32

Unbeleivable support smallest town biggest support ...could have done without the idiot who let off the yellow smoke or the idiots who think its fun to throw full bottles of beer down into the crowd
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Keithy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Keithy » 22 May 2017, 08:54

Wow what a day! I haven't heard a noise level so high for many years and to be part of the 4,000 fans who filled the Gallowgate was fantastic to say the least. Just watching Danny Orr stood in front of the posts while the players shook hands said it all, he obviously couldn't believe what he was seeing. Bring on Widnes and Leigh for a another big weekend.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 22 May 2017, 12:15

Keithy wrote:Wow what a day! I haven't heard a noise level so high for many years and to be part of the 4,000 fans who filled the Gallowgate was fantastic to say the least. Just watching Danny Orr stood in front of the posts while the players shook hands said it all, he obviously couldn't believe what he was seeing. Bring on Widnes and Leigh for a another big weekend.

Will be even better at Wembley or Old Trafford when we win one or both. I've convinced myself we are going to win one of them for sure

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 May 2017, 12:40

Loved our new viking war chant now that would look good at old trafford :D
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 May 2017, 13:02

tigerfeat wrote:Unbeleivable support smallest town biggest support ...could have done without the idiot who let off the yellow smoke or the idiots who think its fun to throw full bottles of beer down into the crowd
And the other idiots too drunk to even get back up the stairs, and those fighting, and so on, and so on.

Seriously don't what enjoyment people get from going all that way to drink themselves silly or get a criminal record, while giving the club a bad rep at the same time. It spoils what is outstanding support and what we have going for us at the moment.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 22 May 2017, 13:25

We were one of them main recipients of the beer been thrown.my little girl was asleep when first one came over and drenched her.absolute morons.then I saw 2 Huddersfield fans walking out during the game saying to stewards there not staying in that lot.tried to apologise to the lady but she was very peed off.dont know how we attract these idiots I really don't.on a positive note a friend of mine who lives in Australia and is a sharks fan said a lot of pubs in his area are talking about cas and their brand of rugby.creating a lot of interest not just in England

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 22 May 2017, 14:39

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: a stunning performance from cas considering a vastly improved leeds outfit.however i think the game would have been dead and burried alot earlier if roberts had played. great following from cas made me really proud of the town. reminds me of the town in 69 and 70 when we were a outstanding team and the whole town got behind them. well done to the club and coaching staff.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 22 May 2017, 16:53

classysupercas wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: a stunning performance from cas considering a vastly improved leeds outfit.however i think the game would have been dead and burried alot earlier if roberts had played. great following from cas made me really proud of the town. reminds me of the town in 69 and 70 when we were a outstanding team and the whole town got behind them. well done to the club and coaching staff.
The game was dead and burried until Gale went for a meaningless drop goal, Leeds got the ball back from the kick off which allowed them to apply pressure on us which lead to them scoring those late tries.
When you have your foot on the oppositions throat keep it there.

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 22 May 2017, 17:04

Sharlotiger wrote:
classysupercas wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: a stunning performance from cas considering a vastly improved leeds outfit.however i think the game would have been dead and burried alot earlier if roberts had played. great following from cas made me really proud of the town. reminds me of the town in 69 and 70 when we were a outstanding team and the whole town got behind them. well done to the club and coaching staff.
The game was dead and burried until Gale went for a meaningless drop goal, Leeds got the ball back from the kick off which allowed them to apply pressure on us which lead to them scoring those late tries.
Most important drop goal Galey has dropped. Won by 11 and handicap was 10 so won me my £60 bet :lol: so lucky haha.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 May 2017, 17:11

Normy-Tiger wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
Most important drop goal Galey has dropped. Won by 11 and handicap was 10 so won me my £60 bet :lol: so lucky haha.
My mates son lost 300 quid because of if that drop goal.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 May 2017, 17:32

Sharlotiger wrote:
Leeds had already scored 1 try before the drop goal to make it 28-12.

Can totally understand Gale going for the one to put the game beyond doubt again. At that point, I was thinking that 16 points in 11/12 minutes (which is what it was), was not an insurmountable task. All it would take was one try and we'd be panicking again.

It settled the nerves and got us an extra safety net to an extent. But I don't think you can blame that on soft defence. We should be keeping them out there.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!