Brought tears to my eyes.........

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Brought tears to my eyes.........

Post by classysupercas » 22 May 2017, 14:39

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: a stunning performance from cas considering a vastly improved leeds outfit.however i think the game would have been dead and burried alot earlier if roberts had played. great following from cas made me really proud of the town. reminds me of the town in 69 and 70 when we were a outstanding team and the whole town got behind them. well done to the club and coaching staff.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 22 May 2017, 16:53

classysupercas wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: a stunning performance from cas considering a vastly improved leeds outfit.however i think the game would have been dead and burried alot earlier if roberts had played. great following from cas made me really proud of the town. reminds me of the town in 69 and 70 when we were a outstanding team and the whole town got behind them. well done to the club and coaching staff.
The game was dead and burried until Gale went for a meaningless drop goal, Leeds got the ball back from the kick off which allowed them to apply pressure on us which lead to them scoring those late tries.
When you have your foot on the oppositions throat keep it there.

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 22 May 2017, 17:04

Sharlotiger wrote:
classysupercas wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: a stunning performance from cas considering a vastly improved leeds outfit.however i think the game would have been dead and burried alot earlier if roberts had played. great following from cas made me really proud of the town. reminds me of the town in 69 and 70 when we were a outstanding team and the whole town got behind them. well done to the club and coaching staff.
The game was dead and burried until Gale went for a meaningless drop goal, Leeds got the ball back from the kick off which allowed them to apply pressure on us which lead to them scoring those late tries.
Most important drop goal Galey has dropped. Won by 11 and handicap was 10 so won me my £60 bet :lol: so lucky haha.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 May 2017, 17:11

Normy-Tiger wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
Most important drop goal Galey has dropped. Won by 11 and handicap was 10 so won me my £60 bet :lol: so lucky haha.
My mates son lost 300 quid because of if that drop goal.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 May 2017, 17:32

Sharlotiger wrote:
Leeds had already scored 1 try before the drop goal to make it 28-12.

Can totally understand Gale going for the one to put the game beyond doubt again. At that point, I was thinking that 16 points in 11/12 minutes (which is what it was), was not an insurmountable task. All it would take was one try and we'd be panicking again.

It settled the nerves and got us an extra safety net to an extent. But I don't think you can blame that on soft defence. We should be keeping them out there.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 22 May 2017, 18:12

HuddsTigers wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
Leeds had already scored 1 try before the drop goal to make it 28-12.

Can totally understand Gale going for the one to put the game beyond doubt again. At that point, I was thinking that 16 points in 11/12 minutes (which is what it was), was not an insurmountable task. All it would take was one try and we'd be panicking again.

It settled the nerves and got us an extra safety net to an extent. But I don't think you can blame that on soft defence. We should be keeping them out there.
There no difference between a lead of 16 and 17, because we failed to deal with the retart from the drop goal it looked like poor game management to me when we had them stuck in their own half, looking tired and finding it tough to break out.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 May 2017, 18:51

There isn't a huge difference no, but it did waste another minute on the clock rather than giving Leeds the ball back straight away.

At that point they were getting on top again and we just needed to give us something to defuse that situation - IMO.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 23 May 2017, 10:11

In game management, I tend to look at the opposition when we are ahead. I use the mathmatical formula that a team, at this level, can score a point a minute plus 6 (taking into the account that they can score on the last play).

So with 10 minutes to go, they can score 16 points. There will always be anomalies, ie players sent off, terrible reffing etc

But it generally works. So when Gake gets a drop goal. It eats up a minute. Being able to do the sums mid game makes him such an important player

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 23 May 2017, 14:02

tigerfeat wrote:Unbeleivable support smallest town biggest support ...could have done without the idiot who let off the yellow smoke or the idiots who think its fun to throw full bottles of beer down into the crowd
thanks to that idiot my friend had a severe Asthma attack, it is not need in our game
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 23 May 2017, 19:07

tigerfeat wrote:Loved our new viking war chant now that would look good at old trafford :D
Sounded good. Very good we need to keep this going in my opinion

robbo
Truth is always best !

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 23 May 2017, 23:31

Di wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Unbeleivable support smallest town biggest support ...could have done without the idiot who let off the yellow smoke or the idiots who think its fun to throw full bottles of beer down into the crowd
thanks to that idiot my friend had a severe Asthma attack, it is not need in our game
we were right there and saw it. our clothes were left stinking of smoke as well.
in the light of what has happened in Manchester will it convince even the cretin that did this to never do it again.
what on earth do his mates (if he has any) think of him now?
jo brand is eddie warings love child

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 24 May 2017, 08:36

lurcher wrote:
Di wrote:
we were right there and saw it. our clothes were left stinking of smoke as well.
in the light of what has happened in Manchester will it convince even the cretin that did this to never do it again.
what on earth do his mates (if he has any) think of him now?
Probably not Lurcher, unfortunately idiots like this are far too stupid to think of anything other than themselves and won't even have the intelligence to realise what they're actions are causing to others. The same as the tools who continually choose to chuck beer around, they just think it's a laugh! Ignorant, mindless fools.