widnes friday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

widnes friday

Post by tigerfeat » 22 May 2017, 11:50

Wonder if we will try and rest one or two or go with strongest team we can if we do they will be in for a long night i think
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Re: widnes friday

Post by Beth » 22 May 2017, 11:59

Personally I'd rest Ben until the Leigh match, or later even. No point in rushing him back and exacerbating an injury.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 22 May 2017, 12:18

Could really do with rotating a few of the forwards over the next 2 games , particularly the likes of Moors, JSL and McMeeken who have not had a break as yet. Also maybe give Webster the night off against Widnes and bring Gill or Monaghan in and keep him for Leigh match.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 22 May 2017, 12:21

tigerfeat wrote:Wonder if we will try and rest one or two or go with strongest team we can if we do they will be in for a long night i think
Over the course of the 2 i'd expect some changes.

Springer will play
Larroyer im sure will get 1 game

We must we both though against the bottom 2

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 22 May 2017, 12:37

Rest webbo and millington if they are carrying slight knocks but don't change it too much if we don't have to. Keep the pressure on the teams below us if we keep winning there is nothing anyone else can do

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 May 2017, 13:06

I don't want to see us take anyone lightly and discredit anyone.

Widnes are still a useful side and they've shocked a couple already despite being largely disappointing. Every 2 points matters and these are games we must be winning.

With a block of 4 tough games coming up after (Saints, Warrington, Hull (CC) and Leeds), 4 points over the next weekend could be important in ensuring our top 4 place.

Roberts back in for Holmes and possibly Springer in for Foster.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 22 May 2017, 13:16

Definitely have to change it up a little. Webster and most of the forwards will probably get a rest this weekend. June looks a real tough month so need players to be ready.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 22 May 2017, 13:22

Zak
hitchcox
minikin
Shenton
Eden
Holmes
gale
massey
macca
Lynch
Jesse
foster
Milner

moors
meeks
cook
Springer

give millo and Webster this Friday off and bring back for Leigh on the Monday
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 22 May 2017, 13:37

the machine wrote:Zak
hitchcox
minikin
Shenton
Eden
Holmes
gale
massey
macca
Lynch
Jesse
foster
Milner

moors
meeks
cook
Springer

give millo and Webster this Friday off and bring back for Leigh on the Monday
Add Larroyer and rest Moors. Monaghan over Hitch if fit.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 22 May 2017, 14:00

Hitchcox (if fit)
Monaghan
Minikin
Shenton
Eden
Holmes
Gale
Springer
McShane
Cook
Larroyer
Foster
Massey

Milner
Millington
Sene-Lefao
Moors

That gives Hardaker, Webster, Roberts, Lynch & McMeeken a rest and Millington, Moors, Lefao & Milner less minutes.

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 22 May 2017, 14:07

I think Eden might have an enforced rest. In shentons interview with radio Leeds he said Eden was playing busted so must be carrying a knock, bit of a sickner of he is as we need him to keep scoring those tries for the record.

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 22 May 2017, 14:28

poor milo as stitches in he cut and out side bet poor lad as one hell of a head ache but what a trooper

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 22 May 2017, 14:36

Personally for me you go with the strongest team avalible and only rest people who have got injurys,dont want to rest to many people expecting to win teams and then people moan when we get turned over by them but thats just what i think always go with strongest you got on hand

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 22 May 2017, 14:39

Bolton-tiger wrote:Personally for me you go with the strongest team avalible and only rest people who have got injurys,dont want to rest to many people expecting to win teams and then people moan when we get turned over by them but thats just what i think always go with strongest you got on hand
When there's over 30 games a year, players need to be rested at some point other wise they'll be burnt out come the playoffs.

Powell said a few week ago too that every player will get a rest at some point in the season, so he clearly doesn't want burn out happening.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 22 May 2017, 14:47

Thats fair enough but dont rest all your best players at once,u rest millo,jr,webbo,mcmeeken at the same time thats a big chunk of talent gone out of the team and could come back and bite us

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 22 May 2017, 16:30

Firstly, this double header weekend just a few weeks after Easter and the England trip down under is a complete farce and purely down to the ineptness of the RFL.

With regards the game, for me it depends if Widnes have any players back for this one. If not then I'd be tempted to rest those carrying knocks and have them back for the Leigh game as Leigh look much more dangerous in attack than Widnes. If they do have players back then I'd go with the strongest team available but keep T Holmes in and allow Roberts that bit of extra time. I'm sure most players would want to be playing at the minute anyway with the way we are going. But as has already been mentioned whilst we don't want to be dropping points against the bottom two we also don't want to have burnt out players at the business end of the season. It's a fine balancing act for the coaching staff but I'm confident they'll get it right.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 May 2017, 16:43

I think the players themselves should put there hand up if they feel worn out or tired.
I'm sure like as been said, while we are on a winning streak most will won't to play.
Realisticly we have to look further down the line, we have some massive games coming up, no more than a CC game.

Rotating now seems a good option.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 May 2017, 16:49

old cas lass wrote:I think the players themselves should put there hand up if they feel worn out or tired.
I'm sure like as been said, while we are on a winning streak most will won't to play.
Realisticly we have to look further down the line, we have some massive games coming up, no more than a CC game.

Rotation from now on will be the key but as I've heard and read quotes from Powell saying he and his fellow coaches would love to play in this team, it's highly unlikely the players will volunteer to take a rest. Over to the coaches to do what they do best, apart from Bri Mac that is.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 22 May 2017, 16:50

If we can't rotate and rest players against the bottom two clubs then something's gone wrong. We don't need wholesale changes but any doubts can have an extra two days off. And then come back in for the next game while those that pick up knocks in the first sit it out.
These games will test our squad but that's why DP built a squad and not just a bare 17 with add ons.

Long live the Tigers!!!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 May 2017, 16:51

Flat Capper wrote:
old cas lass wrote:I think the players themselves should put there hand up if they feel worn out or tired.

Rotation from now on will be the key but as I've heard and read quotes from Powell saying he and his fellow coaches would love to play in this team, it's highly unlikely the players will volunteer to take a rest. Over to the coaches to do what they do best, apart from Bri Mac that is.

Thought mcmeeken and junior moors looked a bit jaded.
Mcmeeken just don't seen his self, junior when tackled seemed to take an age to get up off the floor. In saying that he still put some busts in.