Solomona Case Settled for "in excess" of £200k

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Re: Solomona Case Settled for "in excess" of £200k

Post by the happy hooker9 » 21 Jun 2017, 18:48

In view of some of the statements made by Sale Sharks regarding the actions by Cas, without getting into a 'slanging match, I do feel that someone at the club should be replying to these statements, and repudiating the outrageous comments my these two blinkered idiots

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 21 Jun 2017, 19:02

Even the Sale fans are embarrassed by the statement and are calling for it to be taken down!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Jun 2017, 19:15

Yeah fair play to there fans who have posted on the matter cringeworthy statement really ,sale have signed some top union players for next season a short the matters been resolved and no further comment will be made was all that was needed and move on ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 21 Jun 2017, 19:59

Their arrogance is beyond belief, telling Cas how they should have responded to their approach for DS, as if their club is somehow superior and how we should simply have accepted the inevitable and sold to them. The fact that we held the registration and were under no obligation to accept any offers seems to have bypassed them, as does the actions of Diamond in attempting to coerce us to take a hit and sell on the cheap. The relationship between DS and Cas broke down because pound signs were brandished by Sale and Clark, hence DS attempting to quadruple his salary not long after he signed an extension. The consolation for me is that, reading their forum, their fans haven't fallen for the spin.

Highlander XIII

Post by Highlander XIII » 21 Jun 2017, 20:58

Looks like their fans don't believe the Sale statement much either
http://m.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s ... 4,16029581

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 21 Jun 2017, 21:50

the happy hooker9 wrote:In view of some of the statements made by Sale Sharks regarding the actions by Cas, without getting into a 'slanging match, I do feel that someone at the club should be replying to these statements, and repudiating the outrageous comments my these two blinkered idiots
I strongly disagree. Cas should take the high road from hereon out and let Sale embarrass themselves.

Remember: "Never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you by experience"

Or if you prefer:

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good you are they'll just kick over the pieces and strut around like they won".

We should ignore these clowns and move on. The snake will be erased from our history by the end of this season.

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 21 Jun 2017, 22:02

Squaddie86 wrote:
the happy hooker9 wrote:In view of some of the statements made by Sale Sharks regarding the actions by Cas, without getting into a 'slanging match, I do feel that someone at the club should be replying to these statements, and repudiating the outrageous comments my these two blinkered idiots
I strongly disagree. Cas should take the high road from hereon out and let Sale embarrass themselves.

Remember: "Never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you by experience"

Or if you prefer:

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good you are they'll just kick over the pieces and strut around like they won".

We should ignore these clowns and move on. The snake will be erased from our history by the end of this season.

Lol .....
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 21 Jun 2017, 22:53

Squaddie86 wrote:

Or if you prefer:

Haha. Definitely going to steal the second one for next time I'm having to deal with idiots at work!

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 21 Jun 2017, 23:02

Highlander XIII wrote:Looks like their fans don't believe the Sale statement much either
http://m.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s ... 4,16029581
Do you know, the only pleasant thing about this whole episode, have been the Sale fans, and they have helped restore faith in humans. All the way through the vast majority of them been very condemnatory and critical, of their own club hierarchy for their underneath actions in this whole affair. Many calling it diabolical what they have done.

Their fans actually deserve a good team for their integrity alone. Unfortunately their management don't. If the roles had been reversed and RL happened to be by far the more affluent of the two codes, and we had gone and done exactly what they have just done to us, I wonder how many of our fans would have taken the same stance as theirs.

Actually I think most of us would, as I think we are a fair minded bunch. All hypothetical of course, as I am sure our management would never stoop to doing that, even if in the position to do so.

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 21 Jun 2017, 23:35

Sale fans gone up in my estimation after reading that thread. They clearly deserve better people running their club than they have at present.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 22 Jun 2017, 00:53

drleftie wrote:Sale fans gone up in my estimation after reading that thread. They clearly deserve better people running their club than they have at present.
I agree but also strongly agree with leaving it at that and letting the pigeons strut around the chess board.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 22 Jun 2017, 08:52

Reading Sky sports news, the way I have read it is that we may not be getting the full £200.000 have read it wrong?? I hope I have

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 22 Jun 2017, 09:39

i think its something to do will the legal cost how cas will not be able to claim the full 100k
but thats for the lawyers to sort out judas as gone we got some cash move on

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Jun 2017, 12:09

I'm sticking with the pigeon analogy; everything Sale put out says more about their club than anything we could say although their fans do deserve some credit.

I remain intrigued by the apparent outcome as it would appear the settlement includes Sale paying Cas' costs but this continues to be spoken about as though it isn't settle. If not, how can it be called a settlement? Done and dusted for me.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 22 Jun 2017, 12:24

Usually because when you agree to pay costs they will have to be scrutinised to make sure they are reasonable and relevant so you can end up with an agreed compensation fee plus costs and the amount of those costs only emerges later down the line

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 22 Jun 2017, 12:32

Also most litigation that is undertaken by law firms are underwritten by an ATE insurance policy which will cover you for costs incurred on a job. As the previous posted said its a case of assessing if these costs are fair and ultimately required as to how much the underwriter pays out and what may come off of the settlement.

In this case I don't think anyone who had such a water tight case would have agreed to costs being re-imburshed without confidence they were fully justified in the first place. Its a bit of gamesmanship from the other side putting a bit of spin on the statement

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 22 Jun 2017, 12:50

As the innocent party, It's been a rocky road for Cas as I see it, of which Its plainly evident caused by opposing greed, self interests and cover up statements.

If you are a firm believer of "what comes around" based on "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" then let's watch this space for future developments as fate can play some mysterious and justified level playing fields on occasions and if people have a conscience , their actions will hopefully and ultimately catch up with them. Here endeth the sermon !

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Jun 2017, 17:19

Richard Cramer will be on BBC Radio Manc at 6:20pm if anyone wants a listen.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 22 Jun 2017, 19:12

Could you post a link hudds once it's finished?

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 23 Jun 2017, 07:15

HuddsTigers wrote:Richard Cramer will be on BBC Radio Manc at 6:20pm if anyone wants a listen.
It was a good listen and he came across really well. There was no mud slinging and for i think it made Steve Diamond, Sale and DS look even more ridiculous
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend