Solomona Case Settled for "in excess" of £200k

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Solomona Case Settled for "in excess" of £200k

Post by St Albans tiger » 22 Jun 2017, 12:32

Also most litigation that is undertaken by law firms are underwritten by an ATE insurance policy which will cover you for costs incurred on a job. As the previous posted said its a case of assessing if these costs are fair and ultimately required as to how much the underwriter pays out and what may come off of the settlement.

In this case I don't think anyone who had such a water tight case would have agreed to costs being re-imburshed without confidence they were fully justified in the first place. Its a bit of gamesmanship from the other side putting a bit of spin on the statement

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 22 Jun 2017, 12:50

As the innocent party, It's been a rocky road for Cas as I see it, of which Its plainly evident caused by opposing greed, self interests and cover up statements.

If you are a firm believer of "what comes around" based on "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" then let's watch this space for future developments as fate can play some mysterious and justified level playing fields on occasions and if people have a conscience , their actions will hopefully and ultimately catch up with them. Here endeth the sermon !

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Jun 2017, 17:19

Richard Cramer will be on BBC Radio Manc at 6:20pm if anyone wants a listen.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 22 Jun 2017, 19:12

Could you post a link hudds once it's finished?

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 23 Jun 2017, 07:15

HuddsTigers wrote:Richard Cramer will be on BBC Radio Manc at 6:20pm if anyone wants a listen.
It was a good listen and he came across really well. There was no mud slinging and for i think it made Steve Diamond, Sale and DS look even more ridiculous
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 23 Jun 2017, 07:45

StevieTheTV wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Richard Cramer will be on BBC Radio Manc at 6:20pm if anyone wants a listen.
It was a good listen and he came across really well. There was no mud slinging and for i think it made Steve Diamond, Sale and DS look even more ridiculous
Having listened to this last night it does kind of dissapoint me that we didn't go the whole way or that the rfl didn't back us to set this president fully on I fully understand as a club why we opted to take the deal and fully support that as come the season end we would be 300k worse off going in to building the squad for next year. Just think the rfl should have supported this more to strengthen our game.

Classy B
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Classy B » 23 Jun 2017, 08:24

The interview is on Radio Manchester:-

LIFE OUTSIDE RUGBY LEAGUE and it's about 23 minutes in on a 90 minute programme.

It almost makes Diamond look more stupid then he does himself, although I realise it would be impossible to achieve that.

It also raises issues about the commitment of the RFL in fully supporting us.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Jun 2017, 08:52

betts21 wrote:
StevieTheTV wrote:
Having listened to this last night it does kind of dissapoint me that we didn't go the whole way or that the rfl didn't back us to set this president fully on I fully understand as a club why we opted to take the deal and fully support that as come the season end we would be 300k worse off going in to building the squad for next year. Just think the rfl should have supported this more to strengthen our game.
Will we?

I view it as us being £55k/£155k/£205k better off than the 3 offers tabled, and that amount better off the squad next year. View it as we got Hardaker + Cash for Solomona, because that's effectively the situation.

We were never ever going to get full £500k as that's a valuation placed by us, and how can you determine the true value of a player in a sport where fees are rarely paid.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 23 Jun 2017, 10:03

Lineham went for £110k. I think and of similar age. He had however come through the ranks at Hull which should increase his worth but then wasn't a record try scorer.

So £205k, if that's the true amount, Is a good price for a winger at the moment.

This won't be the last problem Cas deal with but we've shown in each and every one we will help our players, staff and fans as much as possible.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 23 Jun 2017, 12:54

mart0042 wrote:Lineham went for £110k. I think and of similar age. He had however come through the ranks at Hull which should increase his worth but then wasn't a record try scorer.

So £205k, if that's the true amount, Is a good price for a winger at the moment.

This won't be the last problem Cas deal with but we've shown in each and every one we will help our players, staff and fans as much as possible.
Didn't Hull sign Tom Lineham from York?

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 23 Jun 2017, 13:06

HuddsTigers wrote:
betts21 wrote:
StevieTheTV wrote:
Will we?

I view it as us being £55k/£155k/£205k better off than the 3 offers tabled, and that amount better off the squad next year. View it as we got Hardaker + Cash for Solomona, because that's effectively the situation.

We were never ever going to get full £500k as that's a valuation placed by us, and how can you determine the true value of a player in a sport where fees are rarely paid.
I think he was agreeing with taking the deal as it would have left us 100k in fees and 200k for solomona worse off.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Jun 2017, 13:17

My bad - apologies, Betts. Read your message wrong. I thought you meant taking the £200k would leave us £300k worse off from the original £500k we wanted.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 27 Jun 2017, 10:20

Fumper27 wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Lineham went for £110k. I think and of similar age. He had however come through the ranks at Hull which should increase his worth but then wasn't a record try scorer.

Yes just seen that. £110k sound about right then.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 27 Jun 2017, 15:09

mart0042 wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:

Could have had Tommy for nothing when I watched him at York. However he is another player who would do well with the strong work ethic of DP. Can be a bit lazy and likes a sherburt or two
Truth is always best !

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 27 Jun 2017, 17:40

Robbo wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:

Could have had Tommy for nothing when I watched him at York. However he is another player who would do well with the strong work ethic of DP. Can be a bit lazy and likes a sherburt or two
or three or four!
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 29 Aug 2017, 23:48

sorry to bring him up again but he hopes we win the title. do we forgive him now?

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/n ... ague-title

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 30 Aug 2017, 00:35

dude wrote:sorry to bring him up again but he hopes we win the title. do we forgive him now?

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/n ... ague-title
Do we F***...

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 30 Aug 2017, 08:24

Denny who?

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 30 Aug 2017, 09:18

What a good turn Solomona did for our club, would he have scored more trys than Eden debatable , the settlement lets us get ZAK without going in to debt , big thanks to Denny and good bye

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 30 Aug 2017, 10:05

He paid for Zak and also Wardle. Denny has been a real game changer for us.