'Knock-out football'

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: 'Knock-out football'

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 19 Jun 2017, 18:04

Bramley Tiger wrote:we want to put everything into staying top of the league and winning some silverware in the form of LLS.it would be a great accomplishment for us as I think it was clear to many of us watching that we will not win the BIG ONE OFF game that will be a grand final.i would love to be wrong but at the minute don't think we can.
Can't even think why people are thinking like that. We do usually win on neutral grounds,I.e. Leigh Sporting Village Cup Semi, Magic Weekends. We do win away at big clubs, e.g. Wire and Wigan.
We were out thought three years ago at Wembley with a very different and less experienced team. We now have 6 players in the England set up. We lost away on goal kicks against a very determined team who want to hang on to the cup. Let's see how they do at the Jungle in a couple of weeks. Losing 4 games out of 19 isn't evidence of a side that chokes

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 19 Jun 2017, 18:07

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
Bramley Tiger wrote:we want to put everything into staying top of the league and winning some silverware in the form of LLS.it would be a great accomplishment for us as I think it was clear to many of us watching that we will not win the BIG ONE OFF game that will be a grand final.i would love to be wrong but at the minute don't think we can.
Can't even think why people are thinking like that. We do usually win on neutral grounds,I.e. Leigh Sporting Village Cup Semi, Magic Weekends. We do win away at big clubs, e.g. Wire and Wigan.
We were out thought three years ago at Wembley with a very different and less experienced team. We now have 6 players in the England set up. We lost away on goal kicks against a very determined team who want to hang on to the cup. Let's see how they do at the Jungle in a couple of weeks. Losing 4 games out of 19 isn't evidence of a side that chokes
Correct :clap:

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 19 Jun 2017, 18:10

Hmmm how time s have changed for me anyway.............
Can remember the sixties when we had a league of 30 clubs and the ONLY pleasure of a win was Batley, Dewsbury , Donny. and Liverpool City ( remember them) at home, an way win was as rare as a Green Dove.
Keighley, Huddersfield, Fax , Rochdale H tonking us at Wheldon Road was the norm ......beat Leeds six times on the trot ....................fantasy.
Now where are we, Top Of The League, on course for some sort of Silver ware, in the minds of all Sl fans, playing the attractive rugby that was ALWAYS synonymous with Castleford, the 'darlings' of the media.
I personally don't give a rats arris if we win a trophy, its just been a momentous season and in view of what I've suffered following this great team Ill always KEEP THE FAITH

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 19 Jun 2017, 19:00

the happy hooker9 wrote:Hmmm how time s have changed for me anyway.............
Can remember the sixties when we had a league of 30 clubs and the ONLY pleasure of a win was Batley, Dewsbury , Donny. and Liverpool City ( remember them) at home, an way win was as rare as a Green Dove.
Keighley, Huddersfield, Fax , Rochdale H tonking us at Wheldon Road was the norm ......beat Leeds six times on the trot ....................fantasy.
Now where are we, Top Of The League, on course for some sort of Silver ware, in the minds of all Sl fans, playing the attractive rugby that was ALWAYS synonymous with Castleford, the 'darlings' of the media.
I personally don't give a rats arris if we win a trophy, its just been a momentous season and in view of what I've suffered following this great team Ill always KEEP THE FAITH
We used to beat Bradford Northern also. I remember selling them Albert Tonkinson on the never - never, and I don't think we ever got paid!
These are the good times, enjoy them.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 19 Jun 2017, 19:52

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
I just call it how I see it.if we go all out to win LLS then we have accomplished something-the bonus being we get a home draw in semi final giving us a shout at making a grand final.i just happen to not think we are quite ready for the ultimate step up.most grand finals are not won by blowouts and I see little evidence that our players can win a tight one in the most pressurised of circumstances.of course I hope I am wrong but until we actually win something then the doubts must remain.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 19 Jun 2017, 22:21

That is one of the best posts I've ever read and absolutely spot on!

Davc1h

Post by Davc1h » 20 Jun 2017, 12:34

Great post.
On a personal note I have enjoyed the rugby that we have played this year more than any other and whether we win a trophy or not will not change that.

It would be nice to get some silverware though just to get on record how good Cas have been this year.

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 20 Jun 2017, 14:38

Thats exactly how i see things. The rugby we play is by far and away the best in the league. Even on our off days we are competing and even outscoring (try wise) our opponents.

Any trophy would be a massive bonus this year as i still think we are ahead of where we should be in our building phase. I see us hitting our straps either next year or the year after, just this year has propelled us with Wigan and Warringtons troubles (who are the only teams i had above us before the season started), which by the way im not complaining about.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 20 Jun 2017, 14:44

Trophies are more important than style of play.

You play sport to win, not to look good losing. Cas not winning anything this year would be a massive failure, especially with a 6 point cushion in the league.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 20 Jun 2017, 15:07

Agree with the above post. We won't get a better chance than this season - go for in 2017 Cas Tigers !

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 Jun 2017, 17:21

They will win at least one trophy AND look good winning!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Jun 2017, 17:53

The key for us is to book our top 4 place as soon as possible and then we can start resting up players ahead of a big semi-final test.

If we can get at least 4 wins in the remaining 5 games, that will set a huge foundation and relieve pressure on us ahead of Super 8s.

Once top 4 is assured, all about top 2 and a home semi-final.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 20 Jun 2017, 17:56

Tamworth Tiger wrote:They will win at least one trophy AND look good winning!
Sorry to quibble they've looked great!

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 20 Jun 2017, 17:57

Tamworth Tiger wrote:They will win at least one trophy AND look good winning!
Sorry to quibble they've looked great!

noxandrattles
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by noxandrattles » 20 Jun 2017, 18:48

you are both wrong they have looked amazing!

Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 1973 » 20 Jun 2017, 19:21

Disagree that we should guarantee top 4 then rest players. Win as many of the next 5 games as possible for the greatest lead at the top. Powell needs to get a couple of extra players signed up for the business end in case of injury even if only loan players.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 Jun 2017, 22:00

They look good, great and amazing!!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 20 Jun 2017, 22:04

Tamworth Tiger wrote:They look good, great and amazing!!
Let's hope that's how we'll be describing them on Friday night at 10pm.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 Jun 2017, 22:36

I will. One match does not make a season!!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Jun 2017, 10:32

StevieTheTV wrote:Thats exactly how i see things. The rugby we play is by far and away the best in the league. Even on our off days we are competing and even outscoring (try wise) our opponents.

Any trophy would be a massive bonus this year as i still think we are ahead of where we should be in our building phase. I see us hitting our straps either next year or the year after, just this year has propelled us with Wigan and Warringtons troubles (who are the only teams i had above us before the season started), which by the way im not complaining about.
in 2yrs time

Roberts will be 34
Shenton 32
Webster retired
Lynch retired

Another rebuild required. The time is now 2017 to win something especially after our start