We've lost a Game

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
JJ
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: We've lost a Game

Post by JJ » 22 Jun 2017, 10:16

LLS is worth £100k in prize money so not an insignificant amount

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 22 Jun 2017, 10:52

better than a poke in eye with a sharp stick

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 22 Jun 2017, 11:09

Max n paddy wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:
Max n paddy wrote:It's about expectation.

Would you ( one ) be happy with making the top 8 now looking at where we are ? Top 4 ? LLS. ? Votes plz.

As Matt points out ,in RL the LLS isn't the big prize ! Would you say the Challenge Cup is a bigger prize ?

For me , I would rather finish in the top four and take part in the GF.

If you make the final you never know , we could win it.

It would be interesting to hear the views of DP. LLS or a shot at the Grand Final.

I'm afraid that some people on here are just going to have to get used to the Fact that because where we are expectations will grow.

After the season we've had I'm hoping to visit Old Trafford, it's my guess that DP has the same thought in the back of his mind too !

Are we up to it ? Is the squad strong enough ? Will we be lucky with injuries ? Will we smarten up in the big games at the end of the year ? Or has some have suggested, will we bottle it ?
I'm confused. How does winning the LLS in any way detract from us finishing in the top 4,and have a really good chance of reaching the GF by having a home semi?

There's a website for confused lol .......

The point I'm making is that because these days the Team that finish top don't get the accolades they should !! The team who win the grand final get all the accolades.

Then busting a gut for the LLS isn't everything. It should be !

IMO , it makes it a different discipline / comp.

Imagine the premier league been like this.

Let's see what happens, we've bombed one cup , let's hope we've learned from that experience. It's now getting to the sharp end of the season!

I feel we're in the grand national and we are a couple a length ahead with a furlong or two to go before the finish. I fear we've headed the field for most of the race , just hope we don't run out a steam or stumble thinking the finish line is the LLS.

Out of interest, can anyone tell us / me how many that have collected the LLS gone on to win the grand final.

Can't remember who won it last year lol.
Think it was Wire who also lost 2 Finals
Ironically I was talking to two Hull fans on Sunday who were moaning that last year's Wembley run had led them to taking their eye off both the LLS and Old Trafford!
Us fans are never happy.

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 22 Jun 2017, 11:49

Max n paddy wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:

Would you ( one ) be happy with making the top 8 now looking at where we are ? Top 4 ? LLS. ? Votes plz.

As Matt points out ,in RL the LLS isn't the big prize ! Would you say the Challenge Cup is a bigger prize ?

It would be interesting to hear the views of DP. LLS or a shot at the Grand Final.

I'm afraid that some people on here are just going to have to get used to the Fact that because where we are expectations will grow.

After the season we've had I'm hoping to visit Old Trafford, it's my guess that DP has the same thought in the back of his mind too !

Are we up to it ? Is the squad strong enough ? Will we be lucky with injuries ? Will we smarten up in the big games at the end of the year ? Or has some have suggested, will we bottle it ?
I'm confused. How does winning the LLS in any way detract from us finishing in the top 4,and have a really good chance of reaching the GF by having a home semi?

The point I'm making is that because these days the Team that finish top don't get the accolades they should !! The team who win the grand final get all the accolades.

Let's see what happens, we've bombed one cup , let's hope we've learned from that experience. It's now getting to the sharp end of the season!

I feel we're in the grand national and we are a couple a length ahead with a furlong or two to go before the finish. I fear we've headed the field for most of the race , just hope we don't run out a steam or stumble thinking the finish line is the LLS.

Out of interest, can anyone tell us / me how many that have collected the LLS gone on to win the grand final.

Warrington won the LLS last year and got beat in the Grand Final, by Wigan who came second. Leeds won the LLS the year before and then went on to win the GF. Ditto Saints in 2014, won both the LLS and the GF. Can't remember before that. However it's only the last two years that we've had a top 4 play off because of the Super 8's, prior to that it was a top 8 play off and further back a top 6 etc.

Don't understand this theory that if we come top it may reduce chances of a Grand Final win. Since the new format the winners have both come from the top 2, which makes sense seeing as you get an home draw. Unless what we are saying is take it easy and try to wangle 2nd place instead of first, and leave more in the tank. Which of course would be a dangerous game to play.

The thing is the way we are going and looking at the fixtures we could well have won the LLS 4 or 5 games before the GF anyhow. That would give us plenty of time to rotate and rest individuals anyhow. Leeds won the lot in 2015 and did not secure the LLS until the very last (30th) game and also in the very last minute. So it didn't affect them, and they played in every single game available. Same as last year, Wigan missed only one game, the challenge cup final and Warrington did not miss any, playing in all the lot.

There is absolutely no reason why we can't win both the LLS and GF, and as said winning the LLS gives us an even bigger chance of winning the GF. If we did happen to lose the GF or not get there, after winning the LLS it would have nothing at all to do with winning the LLS and all to do with not being good enough on the day.

Plus now we are out of the cup, we are going to get two rest weekends, unlike the last two winners of the GF.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 22 Jun 2017, 12:19

Herbert Latch wrote:
Max n paddy wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:

You put it so much better than me!!

Warrington won the LLS last year and got beat in the Grand Final, by Wigan who came second. Leeds won the LLS the year before and then went on to win the GF. Ditto Saints in 2014, won both the LLS and the GF. Can't remember before that. However it's only the last two years that we've had a top 4 play off because of the Super 8's, prior to that it was a top 8 play off and further back a top 6 etc.

Don't understand this theory that if we come top it may reduce chances of a Grand Final win. Since the new format the winners have both come from the top 2, which makes sense seeing as you get an home draw. Unless what we are saying is take it easy and try to wangle 2nd place instead of first, and leave more in the tank. Which of course would be a dangerous game to play.

The thing is the way we are going and looking at the fixtures we could well have won the LLS 4 or 5 games before the GF anyhow. That would give us plenty of time to rotate and rest individuals anyhow. Leeds won the lot in 2015 and did not secure the LLS until the very last (30th) game and also in the very last minute. So it didn't affect them, and they played in every single game available. Same as last year, Wigan missed only one game, the challenge cup final and Warrington did not miss any, playing in all the lot.

There is absolutely no reason why we can't win both the LLS and GF, and as said winning the LLS gives us an even bigger chance of winning the GF. If we did happen to lose the GF or not get there, after winning the LLS it would have nothing at all to do with winning the LLS and all to do with not being good enough on the day.

Plus now we are out of the cup, we are going to get two rest weekends, unlike the last two winners of the GF.

terminaldecline
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by terminaldecline » 22 Jun 2017, 13:32

JJ wrote:LLS is worth £100k in prize money so not an insignificant amount
Yeah, but Steve Diamond says that it's only worth 50k of the 100k we'd get.

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 22 Jun 2017, 13:52

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
Max n paddy wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:

Think it was Wire who also lost 2 Finals
Ironically I was talking to two Hull fans on Sunday who were moaning that last year's Wembley run had led them to taking their eye off both the LLS and Old Trafford!
Us fans are never happy.

Agree, I said to a mate , that may be a blessing in disguise the loss to hull.... having said that , LLS or a challenge Cup on the side board ? Interesting eh. LLS , 100k would always come in handy.

For me personally I thing the club and supporters deserve to walk out at old Trafford after the year we've had ! Win or lose.
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 23 Jun 2017, 00:51

Herbert Latch wrote:
Max n paddy wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:

]

Think Hudds won it 2013 and Wigan 2012 , my memory doesnt go further than that lol . :-k