Daryl Powell/Team and Fans

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Daryl Powell/Team and Fans

Post by CasRus » 25 Jun 2017, 05:37

Just want to say a few words after being away this week, I watched the Leeds away game in a pub at Inverarie Scotland and had half the pub watching events unfold with me and the wife's over the top enthusiasm during the game (screaming the house down we was with joy!).

Want to say a Very Big "Hats Off" to Daryl Powell who in my estimation is an absolute Legend already with his unassuming and his "quietly going about his business! attitude which is an absolute pleasure to behold against the more verbal (McDermott) and up their own backside (Wane) type of coaches - Daryl is pure gold, honest and level headed ! - would love to kiss his forehead but would probably get a black eye knowing him !....ha ha !! He already has the freedom of Castleford for me as he has achieved so much these past few years !

Also, must say about the boys after that disappointing display last week at Hull (it can happen having a bad day at the office!) that this latest display at leeds (spelt with a little "l" on purpose for a well known reason as we all know!) must rank as one of the best "dig in" performances I have ever witnessed against a team that was hellbent on banging their chests' and intent on knocking the crap out of us. The lads met fire with fire, stood up to their bullying on the pitch and even outdid them on what they were about - that's why your team kept losing the ball Mr. McDonut ! nothing else !

Finally, you as my colleague fans, forming that 18,000+ crowd !That was totally another level and wish I was there ! Take a well deserved pat on the back ! Pure gold you are and that's what makes this season so special also as Daryl, the lads and us fans are creating something very special here in Castleford and changing the face of our community. Truly a full team effort. Win or Lose at the end (win preferably !), nothing can take this euphoric feeling away just now and if there is a god, let's hope the sunshine flows on Cas for a long long time - we all deserve it ! Let's keep that Cas smile for a long time and keep our arms thrown over and around each other - This is so so special to witness just now with all the bad happenings all around us ! LET's GET READY TO PARTY !! :clap: :dance:

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Daryl Powell/Team and Fans

Post by CasRus » 25 Jun 2017, 06:11

And So Say All Of Us !!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 25 Jun 2017, 07:16

CasRus wrote:Just want to say a few words after being away this week, I watched the Leeds away game in a pub at Inverarie Scotland and had half the pub watching events unfold with me and the wife's over the top enthusiasm during the game (screaming the house down we was with joy!).

Want to say a Very Big "Hats Off" to Daryl Powell who in my estimation is an absolute Legend already with his unassuming and his "quietly going about his business! attitude which is an absolute pleasure to behold against the more verbal (McDermott) and up their own backside (Wane) type of coaches - Daryl is pure gold, honest and level headed ! - would love to kiss his forehead but would probably get a black eye knowing him !....ha ha !! He already has the freedom of Castleford for me as he has achieved so much these past few years !

Also, must say about the boys after that disappointing display last week at Hull (it can happen having a bad day at the office!) that this latest display at leeds (spelt with a little "l" on purpose for a well known reason as we all know!) must rank as one of the best "dig in" performances I have ever witnessed against a team that was hellbent on banging their chests' and intent on knocking the crap out of us. The lads met fire with fire, stood up to their bullying on the pitch and even outdid them on what they were about - that's why your team kept losing the ball Mr. McDonut ! nothing else !

Finally, you as my colleague fans, forming that 18,000+ crowd !That was totally another level and wish I was there ! Take a well deserved pat on the back ! Pure gold you are and that's what makes this season so special also as Daryl, the lads and us fans are creating something very special here in Castleford and changing the face of our community. Truly a full team effort. Win or Lose at the end (win preferably !), nothing can take this euphoric feeling away just now and if there is a god, let's hope the sunshine flows on Cas for a long long time - we all deserve it ! Let's keep that Cas smile for a long time and keep our arms thrown over and around each other - This is so so special to witness just now with all the bad happenings all around us ! LET's GET READY TO PARTY !! :clap: :dance:
Nice post mate. From the heart and sums up the thoughts and feelings of so many of us

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 25 Jun 2017, 07:35

CasRus wrote:Just want to say a few words after being away this week, I watched the Leeds away game in a pub at Inverarie Scotland and had half the pub watching events unfold with me and the wife's over the top enthusiasm during the game (screaming the house down we was with joy!).

Cracking post.

Like me - you are probably witnessing something that you didn't think you would see in your lifetime. DP is world class. Let's hope that in October we get what our rugby and our culture deserves.

Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 1973 » 25 Jun 2017, 08:56

Agree with all the above but until we win silverware it won't be remembered. We played poor against Hull when we had a semi final in c.c to motivate us. No good playing great rugby for most of the season to bottle it in the games that matter. Think we will definitely win league leaders this Year but the Grand final Im not so sure. HOPE I AM WRONG THOUGH.P

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 25 Jun 2017, 10:37

Regardless of what happens, this is in my top 2 or 3 seasons of watching Cas for over 30 years. The excitement is amazing. Some weeks I am counting minutes until the weekend to get to the next game. So many top moments. But silverware will enshrine this as the greatest season for my genetation without doubt.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 25 Jun 2017, 12:43

1973 wrote:Agree with all the above but until we win silverware it won't be remembered. We played poor against Hull when we had a semi final in c.c to motivate us. No good playing great rugby for most of the season to bottle it in the games that matter. Think we will definitely win league leaders this Year but the Grand final Im not so sure. HOPE I AM WRONG THOUGH.P

LLS i think is almost certainly ours given how the super 8's work and that teams will be taking points of each other, unless we collapse and hardly win another game. Not going to happen.

GF Semi confident of winning aslong as we avoid Hull we will beat leeds, salford, wakey or saints if they make it.

Then the final would be a one off, If we turn up we have just as much chance as the rest. The table backs this up

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Jun 2017, 12:57

Best ever season for me also.
Think this is my 58th season.
1999 was also awesome and 69/70.
But 2017 out weights anything I've witnessed.

As like a few others who have been going 40/50 and some over 60 years, to see Castleford Tigers, finish top of the pile sends shivers down my spine.
It's something I really want to see before I leave this world.
It's my dearest wish.
I :pray: it will happen this year.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 25 Jun 2017, 13:18

1973 wrote:Agree with all the above but until we win silverware it won't be remembered. We played poor against Hull when we had a semi final in c.c to motivate us. No good playing great rugby for most of the season to bottle it in the games that matter. Think we will definitely win league leaders this Year but the Grand final Im not so sure. HOPE I AM WRONG THOUGH.P
What is it with this bottling business.
For me every game matters.
We played Saints with a depleted team and beat them
We go to Sheadingley with no disrespect to them a patched up team against an almost full squad who were coming to get us.
With the exception of the two tries we gifted them we comprehensively beat them in every department.
Regardless of what trophy we may win and l am convinced we will win at least one.
Nothing will stop the joy of watching the boys.
I with the original post and l neither hail from or live in Cas.
We are witnessing something special and it is all down to D.P.
He has brought a lot of happiness to those who support Cas and the town itself.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Jun 2017, 13:30

casjunction wrote: He has brought a lot of happiness to those who support Cas and the town itself.
Paragraph of this thread.
The town of Castleford, is castleford tigers.
There's not much more going for us, apart from xscape.
Wakefield get all the tax payers money.

I've lived and breathed Castleford Tigers all my life, I can't describe what it means to me.
Castleford is Castleford Tigers, castleford tigers is the town of Castleford.

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 25 Jun 2017, 13:38

I cannot understand all the hype about winning the Grand Final, yes it would be good but that is a one off game which doesn't make you the best team. The LLS does mean that you have been the best team for the whole year and as far as i am concerned this is the Trophy that means the most. Can you imagine telling Chelsea they were not the best team if they had to play for another trophy same as us, they would laugh at us and i am sure many sports cannot understand why the top of the league is not the main Trophy.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Jun 2017, 13:51

sparky49 wrote:I cannot understand all the hype about winning the Grand Final, yes it would be good but that is a one off game which doesn't make you the best team. The LLS does mean that you have been the best team for the whole year and as far as i am concerned this is the Trophy that means the most. Can you imagine telling Chelsea they were not the best team if they had to play for another trophy same as us, they would laugh at us and i am sure many sports cannot understand why the top of the league is not the main Trophy.

Exactly sparky.
We are there because we are the best team in the league.
Won the most games played the best rugby.
Hope we don't trip up in the run in.
That's a massive fear I have.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 25 Jun 2017, 14:02

Everyone remembers trophyless 1999

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 25 Jun 2017, 15:10

old cas lass wrote:Best ever season for me also.
Think this is my 58th season.
1999 was also awesome and 69/70.
But 2017 out weights anything I've witnessed.

As like a few others who have been going 40/50 and some over 60 years, to see Castleford Tigers, finish top of the pile sends shivers down my spine.
It's something I really want to see before I leave this world.
It's my dearest wish.
I :pray: it will happen this year.
Never get a better shot than this OCL. Unbelievable position to be in. After all these years of me moaning about Cas never making it easy for themselves, to be 7+ points in front is ridiculous.

Imagine someone saying 4 years ago that we'd be in this situation with super league record try scoring in back to back seasons. Potential consecutive 3 time Albert Goldthorpe winner in our ranks. Cheering a Zak Hardaker try at Headingley and beating Leeds for the 7th time on the spin. 5 or 6 players in the England squad and walking away with the league with 10 games to go. I'd have told them to give their head a shake.
Dark days of Millward seem very distant right now.
Got to keep up momentum, get some luck with injuries and then who knows...

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 25 Jun 2017, 15:41

Everyone rememhbers trophyless 1999[/quote]
I remember many Trophy less years and a couple when we won something
However l cannot remember a Season which has brought me so many highlights.
I can never remember being happier to be a Cas fan.
I can never remember so many Cas fans streaming down the lane eagerly awaiting what they were about to see.
I can never remember going to Headingley with Leeds fans making excuses as to why they would loose before a point has been scored.
Trophies would be good but memories what wonderful memories l will have from this season.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 25 Jun 2017, 15:56

casjunction wrote:Everyone rememhbers trophyless 1999
I can never remember so many Cas fans streaming down the lane eagerly awaiting what they were about to see.
I can never remember going to Headingley with Leeds fans making excuses as to why they would loose before a point has been scored.
Trophies would be good but memories what wonderful memories l will have from this season.[/quote]

:clap:

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 25 Jun 2017, 16:33

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
casjunction wrote:Everyone rememhbers trophyless 1999
Trophies would be good but memories what wonderful memories l will have from this season.
:clap:[/quote]

Me too, I was just responding to a post saying that no one would remember this season if it was trophyless and pointing out you don't need to win trophies to have a memorable season as in 99.
Personally 60 years plus after my first match I am still expecting to wake up, as I can't remember a season anything like this one even in the heady days of 69 and 70. I'm just loving it.

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 26 Jun 2017, 13:13

I'm not sure about Darryl Powell.
That's to say is he a full blown Divinity or just a Demigod? (Heard a rumour that Zeus has offered him a position on Mount Olympus but DP said he's staying in Cas)!
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 26 Jun 2017, 13:47

It was magic on Friday at Leeds. You couldn't hear our fans but they were immense.

I would like to win something this year but for me it's about growing our club and going into the new stadium with sellout crowds. It's only a matter of time before we have a dip and then be thought of as the same as wakey, Salford etc... Then we have to battle against the odds again.

Everything Is going right at the moment and I'm loving every minute.