TROUBLE TO NIGHT

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: TROUBLE TO NIGHT

Post by Herbert Latch » 18 Jul 2017, 12:58

I have again spoken to someone I trust today, and he said he saw fighting, but what he saw were Salford fans fighting amongst themselves, he did not see any Cas fans involved. That of course does not mean to say there were not any in separate incidents.

The thing is though i was on the totalrl.com site on Sunday evening and it stated what was in their paper (LE) the following day. One of which was the interview with the Salford fan (lady) giving her account of things. So I am guessing it must have taken place at least on Sunday morning. So within around 36 hours maximum, the LE has investigated, found out all the details etc, found a witness the job lot. Which suggests very strongly that they gone in with a determination and total goal of finding anything that could discriminate us. When the RFL hold an inquiry into anything like this, they usually take at the very least two weeks or so to view all the evidence, usually longer. A balanced view would definitely take much longer than 36 hours max to gather all the evidence and both sides of the argument, at the very least a week or two. Sorry but I am suspicious of it.

If you look at the LE over the years such as Martyn Sadler generally seems to give our team and the attractive style we play a good rap. But then in the next breath they are forever running little stories that demean us, many that have proven unfounded. Another thing is Salford are in enough trouble as it is, any more problems and they could be in for a big fine. So what's to stop a fan going in there and one that on the face of it, a reputable family member, very early to help them out.

Sorry but the LE should no way have printed it, until all the evidence was gleaned, irregardless of whether it proves true or not. Our club should be letting them know in no uncertain terms.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Jul 2017, 13:10

The woman posted about it on Twitter, hence why they used it so quickly.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Jul 2017, 13:24

On the article, I have no problem with if they had a number of witnesses from both Cas and Salford to corroborate such a story, as would be the case in any eye-witness accounts.

But for me there's several questions:
1) How did they know it was intentionally thrown?
2) How did they know it was a Castleford fan that threw it?
3) Why was it thrown, if at all, - was it retaliatory and accidentally hit the wrong person? Or was it accidentally knocked out of someone's hand?
4) What CCTV evidence has been provided to justify this fan's account?
5) Why has League Express felt compelled to publish a story on this occasion about one incident, and will they be consistent in publishing a fan's account of an incident every time there is one?

For me, the article does nothing but fan the flames, and is damaging to the club without evidence or a statement from Castleford Tigers confirming that this indeed did take place. Having witnessed it historically that fans get a bit joyful and pints do get spilled, accidentally largely, then I see no reason to dispute that a liquid drink did hit the woman - I see no reason to lie unless she has some sort of gripe with Cas or Cas fans.

Judging by Twitter where everything was being blamed (our ground's falling down, it's a Health and Safety risk, fire hazard etc etc), I do think there is a large amount of bitterness and resentment with Salford's fans at this moment in time. They're also very defensive about a fraction of their support being idiots and looking to ways to push it on to other clubs.

Nevertheless, the simple fact is that our fans should never put themselves in a position where they face this. They don't realise the impact this has on the club and our image, and how it prevents real fans from wanting to go to games. I firmly support the club's stance in banning anyone from the ground caught in any transgressions and hope this applies to the immediate vicinity of the ground, and away grounds too. Be an idiot, tough - your loss, not ours.

I see the rationale behind them publishing the issue of segregation in rugby league but we've always had this policy of allowing fans where they want to stand, least because we have one side that's open to the elements and we want to allow fans to enjoy the game in peace and comfort. Rugby league has prided itself on being an open, family-friendly and welcoming environment. We can't less mindless idiots ruin it from either team, and we can't certainly let anyone infringe upon the right to enjoyment as mentioned above.

However, I do hope that the club writes a stern letter of reply to League Express and the Salford fan and is given adequate space and size to do so in comparison. It was really unfair of them to post that without full facts from an investigation and without corroborating the chain of events.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 18 Jul 2017, 13:37

If you look at the LE over the years such as Martyn Sadler generally seems to give our team and the attractive style we play a good rap. But then in the next breath they are forever running little stories that demean us, many that have proven unfounded.
Don't be fooled into thinking Martyn Sadler has any ounce of fondness towards Cas Tigers. He is Wakey through and through and has a huge grudge against the progress we are making with our stadium in comparison to the downturn of events happening over t' common.

LelandLaw

Post by LelandLaw » 18 Jul 2017, 14:13

onetiger wrote:was not happy with some of our fans to night fighting in diffrent parts of the ground
first on railway end
then in loo,s
then near training field

hope some one gives names to the club of these fools..
ikr, it's stupid.

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 18 Jul 2017, 14:20

Were my friend and I stand we watch it all unfold and I did see a woman there in the mix with a child in her arms, She
Having a go at the stewards and it did not look like she was complaining with her body language. I said to my mate what the hell she getting involved for with a kid in here arms. From were we were stood we did not see any Cas fans involved just Salford Fans and Stewards.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 19 Jul 2017, 16:52

i' read an article in the league weekly yesterday by dave hadfield, a jorno I have always admired.
he went as a paying spectator last week to watch the Salford v leeds game. he sat near to what he called "the most obnoxious set of rugby league fans ever" he said the Salford fans hurled unwarranted vile abuse at james child before, during and after the game and there should be no place in rugby league for such scum.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Classy B
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Classy B » 19 Jul 2017, 18:49

Surely he meant the TWO most obnoxious sets of rugby league fans ever.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 20 Jul 2017, 08:58

The fans. Real Cas Tigers fans are the best to sort this out.

Being in with away supporters suggests they were looking for hassle.

robbo
Truth is always best !

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 20 Jul 2017, 09:45

Robbo wrote:The fans. Real Cas Tigers fans are the best to sort this out.

robbo
Surely it is the stewards and securities job that's their role if True Cas fans sort it out the line's become blurred and they do not have either the authority or legal right to do anything other than try to persuade people to act more reasonably.
I have intervened on occasions with both home and visiting fans with positive outcomes,however a couple of years ago when l tried to engage with the over zealous security at Saints l was threatened with violence,l had to laugh however l contacted the police,Saints and Redhall all to no avail,that night the security ejected several Cas fans and the assaulted them congratulating themselves on showing those Yorkshire expletives what for.
Let's hope it gets sorted properly and the culprits are found and made an example of this then needs to be enforced consistently so everyone can enjoy the game in safety.
C.O.Y.F.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 20 Jul 2017, 11:23

Alot of Cas fans stand in the railway end for at least 40 mins when Cas are attacking that end. Ive done it most of the season and had a good laugh and a chat with Hull fans , Huddersfield etc. But if the guys mentioned were being verbally abused by opposition fans they probably should have gone somewhere else. Salford fans do seem to cause the most problems though.
No Class , No Fans , No Point. Get Hull Kr back in SL lol.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 14 Oct 2018, 10:12

JohnSnyder wrote:
casjunction wrote:
Robbo wrote:The fans. Real Cas Tigers fans are the best to sort this out.

robbo
Surely it is the stewards and securities job that's their role if True Cas fans sort it out the line's become blurred and they do not have either the authority or legal right to do anything other than try to persuade people to act more reasonably.
I have intervened on occasions with both home and visiting fans with positive outcomes,however a couple of years ago when l tried to engage with the over zealous security at Saints l was threatened with violence,l had to laugh however l contacted the police,Saints and Redhall all to no avail,that night the security ejected several Cas fans and the assaulted them congratulating themselves on showing those Yorkshire expletives what for.
Let's hope it gets sorted properly and the culprits are found and made an example of this then needs to be enforced consistently so everyone can enjoy the game in safety.
C.O.Y.F.
Never experienced to such an extent - this is racism in my opinion. I am saddened that we forget sportsmanship so easily.
It is nothing to do with racism. And secondly this thread is from months ago. What is the relevance?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Oct 2018, 10:17

Another fake these folk must go through agony seeing cas flying high or highish at least
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 14 Mar 2019, 08:31

GeorgeRibeiro wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Need to keep beer off the terraces.
Yes it may be drastic, it seems Most games now a days fans for some reason or other feel the need to throw beer on other fans.
I've had it happen 2/3 tomes to me this season. .......sick of it, that's from my own teams fans.

The culprits need weeding out.
Sorry to revive an old topic, but this has happened to me many times and the culprits were my own team fans.
:lol: Wow! You join and make your first post on a topic from 2 years ago about trouble v Salford. Stirring much?

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 14 Mar 2019, 10:33

This topic should be deleted , why the hell some one wants to bring something up as if its current news is beyond me, Hats off to the couple of thousand Salford fans who have stood by their club over the last number of years

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 14 Mar 2019, 11:19

And if people are throwing beer about etc then they need weeding out. Irrespective of the age of this thread.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 14 Mar 2019, 11:30

gateman wrote:This topic should be deleted , why the hell some one wants to bring something up as if its current news is beyond me, Hats off to the couple of thousand Salford fans who have stood by their club over the last number of years
Agreed, this thread serves no purpose other than to bring bad news to the forefront. Let's stick to the rugby.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 14 Mar 2019, 12:41

There’s clearly someone, highly likely from the Salford support, stirring something up here and coming on the forum to reopen old wounds and passively hint at a small team turning up.

Just my opinions. When do you ever see a cas forum member doing something similar.

I’m not taking my boys to this game. I know what some Salford fans are like. Widnes and some Hull are similar.

I’d advise on a higher focus on security at this game. Especially given recent events on certain football pitches.

Just my opinion before someone jumps me down.
Audacter Et Sincere

RobertShaw

Post by RobertShaw » 22 Jan 2020, 18:43

Tigerade wrote: 18 Jul 2017, 13:37
If you look at the LE over the years such as Martyn Sadler generally seems to give our team and the attractive style we play a good rap. But then in the next breath they are forever running little stories that demean us, many that have proven unfounded.
Don't be fooled into thinking Martyn Sadler has any ounce of fondness towards Cas Tigers. He is Wakey through and through and has a huge grudge against the progress we are making with our stadium in comparison to the downturn of events happening over t' common.
You ar right bro. I agree with you. I love Castleford Tigers and our stadium is also awesome.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 24 Jan 2020, 09:46

You will always get the idiots who want to cause trouble they have no respect and no brain function if you put their brain in a budgie it would fly backwards.