Pleased for "The Old Girl"

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Pleased for "The Old Girl"

Post by usacas » 18 Aug 2017, 01:16

Still wallowing in the happiness of what we have just achieved even though I was restricted to listening to the commentary on Radio Leeds. What pleases me as much as anything as we look to be moving to a new ground is that we achieved it at our current ground, "darn t'Lane". This is the first time we have finished top of the league in our 91 year history, all spent at Wheldon Road. I think it is a fitting tribute to "The Old Girl" and to the memory of many of the great players who trod the turf there for Castleford.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Pleased for "The Old Girl"

Post by old cas lass » 18 Aug 2017, 01:35

I couldn't have wished for it to happen any where else.
Tonight was just perfect.
Written in the stars.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 18 Aug 2017, 05:53

:clap: :clap:
usacas wrote:Still wallowing in the happiness of what we have just achieved even though I was restricted to listening to the commentary on Radio Leeds. What pleases me as much as anything as we look to be moving to a new ground is that we achieved it at our current ground, "darn t'Lane". This is the first time we have finished top of the league in our 91 year history, all spent at Wheldon Road. I think it is a fitting tribute to "The Old Girl" and to the memory of many of the great players who trod the turf there for Castleford.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 18 Aug 2017, 07:44

old cas lass wrote:I couldn't have wished for it to happen any where else.
Written in the stars.
wonderful just wonderful, ive watched all the st's / leeds / wigan / warrington teams etc stood behind the super league shield popping the corks & the accompanying fireworks when they have received the LLS but to see our own CAS lift that shield was truly wonderful, were going to need a bigger ground!!

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 18 Aug 2017, 08:26

yorky wrote:
old cas lass wrote:I couldn't have wished for it to happen any where else.
Written in the stars.
wonderful just wonderful, ive watched all the st's / leeds / wigan / warrington teams etc stood behind the super league shield popping the corks & the accompanying fireworks when they have received the LLS but to see our own CAS lift that shield was truly wonderful, were going to need a bigger ground!!
That's the thing though the teams you mentioned Leeds apart didn't celebrate it that much (it's only since their win in 2015 it's become a thing to celebrate) it didn't even have a trophy for the first 5 years!,the champions win at Old Trafford. I just worry that we now have 6 weeks before our deserved home semi and we are going to lose our intensity.

I'm sorry if it's come across as been miserable after such a event but there's been some truly mediocre teams won the "hub cap" anybody remember the Huddersfield win in 2013 of course they don't. It's good for the town and amazing for the club but we aren't champions yet.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Aug 2017, 08:44

The reason we are celebrating like we are, we've just created history for the first time ever.
I do think that's something to get excited about

Yes the big one as to come, but no one is taking away the elation I'm feeling right now
We've just created history for Castleford tigers.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 18 Aug 2017, 09:00

One thing that I did not understand last night was why on earth did they choose the backdrop of the presentation to be empty terraces?

Surely the background of a packed WRE would have been a far more fitting finale...

Noise and the crowd needs to be like that for ALL our remaining home games.

History was made - time to make a bit more

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 18 Aug 2017, 09:01

old cas lass wrote:The reason we are celebrating like we are, we've just created history for the first time ever.

Yes the big one as to come, but no one is taking away the elation I'm feeling right now
I just worry that all this celebrating. Singing "we are the champions" etc is going to royally haunt us in a few weeks time.

History has undoubtedly been made, this is the best season we have had. Let's just finish it on a high.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 18 Aug 2017, 09:04

old cas lass wrote:The reason we are celebrating like we are, we've just created history for the first time ever.

my thoughts entirely, :clap: :clap: :clap:

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Aug 2017, 09:18

YES a night to remember, I looked up in the stand on Princess ST during the match and thought of some of my old mates that are not with us and said to myself I hope you are watching, I am sure they were, what a shot in the eye for the people what wanted us to be thrown out of the league because Weldon RD in their eyes was not fit for purpose

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Aug 2017, 10:43

ERG2012 wrote:One thing that I did not understand last night was why on earth did they choose the backdrop of the presentation to be empty terraces?

Surely the background of a packed WRE would have been a far more fitting finale...

Noise and the crowd needs to be like that for ALL our remaining home games.

History was made - time to make a bit more
Yes I said that to my daughter. Why have it so close to the RWE when the bulk of the fan were on the WRE . It would have been better on the half way line.
Just a bit baffled by that.
Was hard to see shenny with all the press around that area.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 18 Aug 2017, 11:10

So happy to have been part of history last night, such a fantastic achievement by all. Very proud indeed. BUT the job is only half done, time to become champions and shut up all those in the world of RL that are denouncing what we have done as almost meaningless unless we back it up.

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 18 Aug 2017, 12:07

just been watching all the interviews again on sky and the BBC and I'm sobbing like a girl again.thanks cas and everybody connected with the club.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 18 Aug 2017, 12:16

greenhouse wrote:just been watching all the interviews again on sky and the BBC and I'm sobbing like a girl again.thanks cas and everybody connected with the club.
your not on your own, that scene at he end when the fireworks go off & shenny has the shield aloft is just magic & send shivers down my spine & tears down my face, we have dreamt of it all season but never thought it would happen. WOW!

terminaldecline
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by terminaldecline » 18 Aug 2017, 12:19

ERG2012 wrote:One thing that I did not understand last night was why on earth did they choose the backdrop of the presentation to be empty terraces?
If it had been the other way round it'd be
3.2.1... silence... has he raised it yet? dunno all I can see is the back of websters head.
I believe facing the fans when you're raising the shield is better than having your back to them, regardless of the telly pictures

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 18 Aug 2017, 12:53

What an atmosphere, you won't get that in a new tin shed....

I await the onslaught.

But won't get upset.

What a night !!!

An appearance in the final wiill do me !

COYF
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

kippistiger

Post by kippistiger » 18 Aug 2017, 13:08

Max n paddy wrote:What an atmosphere, you won't get that in a new tin shed....

I await the onslaught.

But won't get upset.

What a night !!!

An appearance in the final wiill do me !

COYF
Isn't the atmosphere dictated by the size of the crowd last night was brilliant but same game played in front of 300 fans there would have been no atmosphere this IMO is why Salford is crap no fans no atmosphere Old Trafford is a massive ground but there will be an unbelievable atmosphere come the final night especially if its full of Cas fans COYF

Side note: congratulations to everyone, players, coaching staff, Fans anybody involved with the club what a fantastic night one i don't think i will ever forget. Cried like a baby at the end couldn't be any more proud thank you Castleford hope i am crying again come grand final night

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Aug 2017, 13:18

Old trafford the big one fine...cant get people saying we shouldnt have played "we are the champions " just won a trophy for finishing top of the league what you supposed to play ?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 18 Aug 2017, 14:17

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: brilliant atmoshere.nearly 11,000 cas fans on a thursday night,amazing. playing in a world club challenge unreal. finishing top superb. home semi perfect. well done castleford tigers

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 18 Aug 2017, 14:22

Steve Gill confirms we will take our place in the World Club Challenge and it will be played at our ground. Another fitting goodbye to "The Old Girl"!